Remove this Banner Ad

Mitt Romney

Senior List
Nov 2, 2012
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Chelsea
Given that they're into their third year on an AFL list, we're stating to see some of the 2010 draftees playing abilities take shape.

Who do you think are the best ten players from the draft so far? Furthermore, who has been dissapointing?

I imagine Heppell is almost unanimously number one, followed in no particular order by the likes of Bennell, Gaff, Libba, Darling and Atley (among others). From my own mob, I'd have to say Guthrie has been very good, although not sure if top 10 thus far.

It'll be interesting to see how people rate David Swallow.

A lot of players into their third year, so its where we start to see a lot of true potential
1-Heppell
2-Darling
3-Liberatore
4-Hibberd
5-Dalhaus
6-Bennell
7-Parker
8-Isaac Smith
9-Atley
10-Conca
really wanted to put Howe in there as well. Becoming more than a sideshow each week.

Very much agree with whats in bold. Good list, although I firmly believe Gaff is ahead of some them

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A mix of both potential and their form to date:

1. Bennell
2. Heppell
3. Darling
4. Libba
5. Gaff
6. Conca
7. Parker
8. Hibberd
9. Swallow
10. Atley

I have a funny feeling Horlin-Smith may nudge this list in a year or two too.

Given some more deliberation, in my opinion the five below constitute the clear standouts so far. There'd be a little bit of distance (not insurmountable by any means) between 5th and whoever came next. Probably Atley.

1. Heppell
2. Bennell
3. Darling
4. Gaff
5. Libba

It's actually a bit harsh on the GC players, much easier to look good in a decent side than one at the bottom of the ladder.

1. Bennell
2. Darling
3. Heppell
4. Liberatore
5. Dalhaus
6. B. Smith
7. Gaff
8. I. Smith
9. Atley
10. Smedts

Conca and Puopolo just outside the 10.

It's actually a bit harsh on the GC players, much easier to look good in a decent side than one at the bottom of the ladder.

1. Bennell
2. Darling
3. Heppell
4. Liberatore
5. Dalhaus
6. B. Smith
7. Gaff
8. I. Smith
9. Atley
10. Smedts

Conca and Puopolo just outside the 10.
I'll go with this, 1-3 were the certainties that I was thinking about, 4-6 were going in those positions, but I just couldn't decide on an order, 7 onwards really are just irrelevant to me.

1. H. Bennell
2. J. Darling
3. T. Liberatore
4. A. Johnston
5. D. Prestia
6. D. Heppell
7. J. Howe
8. A. Gaff
9. L. Parker
10. L. Dahlhaus

Interesting. Why?

Darling has shown the most out of the 2010 class so far, to kick 50 goals as a KPF is a fantastic return. I think he still has a fair bit of improvement left too.

Libba is a contested beast with greats skills and is dual sided.

Bennell has the highest ceiling out of anyone in the draft and has already shown that he is a goal kicking midfielder. Better skills and quicker than Heppell.

I'm more confident that Libba and Bennell will make it as elite midfielders as opposed to Heppell.

1. H. Bennell
2. J. Darling
3. T. Liberatore
4. A. Johnston
5. D. Prestia
6. D. Heppell
7. J. Howe
8. A. Gaff
9. L. Parker
10. A. Fasolo

Heh..... took 18 posts but the piss has been taken.

Darling has shown the most out of the 2010 class so far, to kick 50 goals as a KPF is a fantastic return. I think he still has a fair bit of improvement left too.

Libba is a contested beast with greats skills and is dual sided.

Bennell has the highest ceiling out of anyone in the draft and has already shown that he is a goal kicking midfielder. Better skills and quicker than Heppell.

I'm more confident that Libba and Bennell will make it as elite midfielders than I am of Heppell.

I certainly wouldn't swap Heppell for any of them, but I can see a fair argument for Bennell and Darling (depending on your wants and needs).

Libba seems to be the current fad on BigFooty. Not saying he isn't a quality player, because he is - but over Heppell? Don't think a serious argument can be made. Just my opinion of course.

Libba seems to be the current fad on BigFooty. Not saying he isn't a quality player, because he is - but over Heppell? Don't think a serious argument can be made. Just my opinion of course.
Why not? Clearance machine with extremely quick hands and great skills on both feet. Up until the last 2 weeks, he had been #1 in the AFL for clearances (now #3), and is in the top 10 for tackles.
Completely different player to Heppell though, so it's hard to compare them.

My list (purely on performances to date)
1. J. Darling
2. H. Bennell
3. D. Heppell
4. T. Liberatore
5. A. Johnson
6. A. Gaff
7. L. Dahlhaus
8. L. Parker
9. S. Atley
10. B Smith

I certainly wouldn't swap Heppell for any of them, but I can see a fair argument for Bennell and Darling (depending on your wants and needs).

If you needed an inside midfielder you would struggle to find one as good as Libba under 24 years old.

For example with Ball close to 30 we would take Libba in a heartbeat over Heppell.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back