• West coast 2006 heritage player issue

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Brisbane bears 2006 heritage player issue

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Other

Votes: 17 21.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I am not sure why i did not add this. I have never seen one before. Has anyone else?i am pretty sure the club shop never sold them ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364946465.413510.jpg

The onl
Cool thread. So does anyone have pics of this mysterious North Jumper from Rd 8 '95? My googling has let me down.
There used to be a YouTube video of the game, which was at Western Oval against Footscray.
But it seems the video has gone.

The seatbelt abomination would be pretty rare, no retail sold and not sure ever player jumper was auctioned off. The horror of the half Essendon half Collingwood ANZAC jumper probably doesn't fit, but there weren't many of those made at all, I think 2 were auctioned and a few given away as prizes.

No extremely rare, Essendon wore them on 3 occasions, I got my hands on one of Jobe's yellow banded Clash for Cancer game day jumpers.

078805-worst-jumpers.jpg

did the Roos ever retail these jumpers?....I quite like them as a one off

Oh yeah I know what your talking about. They were only worn for 1 round, round 8 1995.
I'm looking at photos of both 1995 and 1996 R08 North games from the respective yearbooks. The 1995 one is a shot of the back of Mick Martyn's jumper, with sewn on logos v Footscray, and the other is Hypertech printed v Richmond. Both appear to be only three stripes, the 1995 looks woollen, and the 1996 one appears throughout the book. You sure you've got the right game...?

Surely there was more in case a player was injured before the game/jumper was ripped during the game.
Actually good point, yeah probably around 35 made.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Actually good point, yeah probably around 35 made.

How do you know there were probably 35? Sounds like you are making numbers up.

From the "Laws of Australian Football" manual.

5.4 CHANGE OF PLAYER GUERNSEY DURING MATCH
5.4.1 replacement Guernsey
Each Team shall ensure that a replacement guernsey is
available for each Player participating in a Match.
5.4.2 replacement of Guernsey with same Number
Where it becomes necessary to replace a guernsey worn
by a Player during a Match, the Team shall ensure that the
replacement guernsey displays the number allocated to the
Player before the commencement of the Match."

So you'd think they'd require at least 44 guernseys for a match. At no point do I claim this to be gospel. Perhaps this is a recent requirment. But minimum of 44 makes more sense...

How do you know there were probably 35? Sounds like you are making numbers up.

From the "Laws of Australian Football" manual.

5.4 CHANGE OF PLAYER GUERNSEY DURING MATCH
5.4.1 replacement Guernsey
Each Team shall ensure that a replacement guernsey is
available for each Player participating in a Match.
5.4.2 replacement of Guernsey with same Number
Where it becomes necessary to replace a guernsey worn
by a Player during a Match, the Team shall ensure that the
replacement guernsey displays the number allocated to the
Player before the commencement of the Match."

So you'd think they'd require at least 44 guernseys for a match. At no point do I claim this to be gospel. Perhaps this is a recent requirment. But minimum of 44 makes more sense...
Yeah, I've got no idea, I was just making educated guesses.

When was the "Laws of Australian Football" manual released? Just interested..

That particular one was 2012 which is why I said it might only be a recent rule. I imagine there is one released every year though, as they'd need to include any changes.

Also, you'd think there would be other people at the club other than players that would collect the different jumpers that they'd allow for

I said the brisbane bears 1990 away player issue but the north melbourne 2000 orange promo jumper would also be a rare gem... dont think ive seen either been worn by the general public

Cool thread. So does anyone have pics of this mysterious North Jumper from Rd 8 '95? My googling has let me down.

If you don't know what it looks like, the following picture might be helpful.

If you were wanting to actually see the real guernsey in photo, sorry.

North-1995.gif

North wore that jumper in round 2 at the MCG against Footscray in 1996 when the dogs got flogged 168 to 37. The Duck kicked 6 and beat the dogs himself.
Also that day in the reserves at Arden Street a young Jason Johnson playing for Footscray knocked the stuffing out of Warren Campbell.

sorry about that guys. Classic example of why not to copy from another site without actually knowing.

Just noticed a orange version of the North Melbourne jumpers were used in this intra-club game for the 2002 reality footy show club, the hammerheads. It has Mazda on the front, was this a north training jumper? Its different to the orange jumper above.

Just noticed a orange version of the North Melbourne jumpers were used in this intra-club game for the 2002 reality footy show club, the hammerheads. It has Mazda on the front, was this a north training jumper? Its different to the orange jumper above.

Yep, that was the training jumper, also came in fluorescent green and royal blue.

image.jpg image.jpg
Here note appears to be 5 blue stripes,
image.jpg
Here note only three.

Not sure which round it is from, also note sponsor NZI who were sponsors from 1993-1995

Back