Top 10 reasons I'm a Seahawks fan...

Remove this Banner Ad

Wurzell

Rookie
Oct 1, 2002
The Endzone
10. Lack of concentration...Many years ago I hitched me horse ta the wrong team wagon.

9. Someone has ta support 'em...None of me mates wanted the job !

8. I luv watchin' the Seagals...I'm sure half the time they could play better than the actual team.

7. I've NEVER lost money on the Seahawks...I've Never been confident enuff ta make a bet on 'em !

6. Hey at least I'm not a fan of the Bengals...Thank God fa their start ta the season !

5. I really don't like surprises...The Seahawks rarely surprise me !

4. Whats not ta like about a team that gets a Playoff win every 20 years ?

3. I've never had ta worry about losing the Superbowl...We've never even made it !

2. Who needs a Superbowl appearance ?...We've got new uni's & a new stadium !

***But the number 1 reason I'm a fan of the Seahawks is.......

BECAUSE THERE IS ALWAYS NEXT YEAR !!!:D

I could use most of those as reason for following the Falcons. Unfortunately I can't use the ones about making a Superbowl or surprising me as the Falcons shocked everyone by making the Superbowl a couple of years ago.

One story had a long time Falcons dying of a heartattack after Andersen kicked the field goal in the playoff against Minnesota and missed seeing his beloved Dirty Birds in the biggest game in their history. Just be thankful the same won't happen to you.:D :D

Krieg to Largent...TOUCHDOWN !!!

Ya know what oh_my_hat...

About 5 or 6 years ago one of me Dad's mates lent me an old gametape of the '83 playoffs against the Bronco's @ Seattle...I remember that the noise from the crowd at the Kingdome was thunderous...Maybe because this was our 1st playoff game or maybe because I had the volume cranked on full.
:D

It was great watchin' Krieg passing ta Largent...Awesome ta watch Easley, Green, Nash, Bryant, Brown & the others causing complete and utter chaos for the Denver Offense...Was also very funny how the camera always seemed ta pan ta the Denver sideline ta show their strugglin' rookie QB waiting in the wings...I think he may have gone on ta be a pretty decent QB...I think his name was Elway or sumfin like that ?:D :D :D

Hang in there Wurzell! We are on the rise....slowly.

Seriously though, guys like Alexander, Darell Jackson, Huff, Koren Robinson and Womack are a good youth base, and Dilfer can lead the team for a while, until Hasselbeck can hopefully fufill the role.

We willl go places one day and we have some great fans and a top coach.
Gotta agree on the SeaGals though. I just downloaded the "Amber" screensaver earlier this month.

I don't reckon we is on the rise Matty:( ...we're lagging badly...Holmy's excuses are starting ta wear pretty thin with me...Like this one from a fortnight ago.

GM/HC Holmy claims that if he had it to do all over again, he'd "build the defense around youth and speed".

Yet 2 weeks after that comment, Holmgren has still refused to give Fuller, Bernard, Palepoi, Terry, Lewis, Richard, Woodward, Blackmon, etc... EXTENSIVE playing time and/or STARTS while Randle, Robertson, Eaton, King, etc.. have failed to make any real significant impacts !!

Hey McFly, anybody home!!??...You HAVE youth & speed on your Defense Holmy... All you have to do is PUT THEM IN !!...This is not a difficult concept to figure out.

I believe the players have begun ta loose faith in the coach and his system after four years of not winning...Or maybe just I have ??

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Another reason. 3 point wins over the friggen Cowboys!
Awesome game. Dilfer got injured but Hasselbeck did an admirable job and Shaun was yet again fantastic.

Watched Darrell Jackson having a go at Dallas players and mocking their reactions was a great highlight. He took a big knock for the team but managed to shake it off during the game, eventually feeling dizzy after it. He will be a fantastic player in the future for us. Mark my words.

Great win. Showed we can perform under pressure and our defense was a lot better.

Congrats to Smith too. Great player over the years.

Yep a win's a win...not a pretty game tho' ay !...Good ta see Emitt get the record in front of a home crowd too...Dilfer's done an achilles (goodbye ta him fa the season)...Hassellbackup;) did a solid enuff job ta get the team home...D-jack is in hospital...Tho' ya might of seen him walk off the ground under his own steam, once in the room's he collapsed & had convulsions...No idea when he'll be back...Pleasing ta see K-rob show a bit of emotion out there too...Maybe Springs should have a look at that !!...How did Springs let Galloway showboat backwards inta the end zone so slowly ?...He shoulda lined up those numbers & driven the punk inta the ground...It's all about passion:D :D :D

Ironically Dilfer getting hurt was probably the best thing that could have happened to thte Seahawks. Hasselbeck (sp?) looked sharp but comparison to Dilfer who looked very ordinary early on.

Congrats to the Seahawks fans but what a very ordinary scrappy game.

Well we'll see how well Hass starts over the next coupla weeks...Seattle signed QB Jeff George fa one year today...just in case Hass gets banged up...Hass sure isn't one of the most popular players amongst the Seahawk fans...Wouldn't surprise me iffin it ain't too long before the crowd starts chantin' "George, George, George" if Hass stuffs up a coupla drives...sure gonna be some interesting times:eek: ...personally I'm glad Hass will get this opportunity...good luck Hass...YOU are sure gonna need it !!

Just on that hit by Woodson on D-jack....found this article on CBS:)

Woodson fined between $75K-$100K for hit on Jackson

Oct. 30, 2002
By Jay Glazer

Darren Woodson won't become the third safety in three weeks to be suspended a game for an illegal hit.

But the Cowboys safety did get hit with a hefty fine Wednesday. SportsLine.com has learned the NFL leveled a fine in the $75,000 to $100,000 range, substantially more than one week's worth of salary, for Woodson's hit on Seahawks wide receiver Darrell Jackson on Sunday.

This is the second consecutive week Woodson has been fined by the league. The league fined him $7,500 last week for an illegal hit on Cardinals quarterback Jake Plummer.

Commissioner Paul Tagliabue and NFLPA chief Gene Upshaw on Wednesday talked to team owners regarding hits such as Woodson's and Rodney Harrison's dangerous helmet-to-helmet hits.

Jackson suffered a concussion on Woodson's hit and subsequent seizure after Sunday's game, requiring hospitalization at Baylor University.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

$75K for a legal hit!! What a load of s.hit!! The NFL and AFL are taking all the toughness out of the game. I can't believe this decision.

1029jackson.jpg

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/sports/134566322_hawk31.html
Holmgren glad to see Jackson

By José Miguel Romero
Seattle Times staff reporter

KIRKLAND — Mike Holmgren couldn't hide his joy at seeing Darrell Jackson at the team's practice facility yesterday.

The Seahawks coach gave Jackson a big hug, welcoming the wide receiver back to the team. Later, Holmgren reflected on the harrowing ordeal of the hit that knocked out Jackson in last Sunday's game at Dallas, and the subsequent seizure in the Seahawks' locker room at Texas Stadium that led to Jackson being hospitalized.

"The simple fact of the matter is Darrell could have died. That's the deal," Holmgren said yesterday. "Now, is anything worth that? Football's a tough game. Being tough is part of the business. But no one, no one, wants to see anyone lose (his) life out there. No one."

Jackson suffered a concussion and momentarily lost consciousness after Dallas safety Darren Woodson drilled Jackson in the facemask and jaw in the fourth quarter of the Seahawks' 17-14 win. As Jackson leaped to make a catch, Woodson came in from the left side and struck Jackson in the air, drawing a penalty for what officials ruled a helmet-to-helmet hit.

Woodson was fined $75,000 — one-tenth of his salary — for the hit, the NFL announced yesterday, and will be suspended if he repeats the infraction. The fine is believed to be the largest for any on-field occurrence in NFL history. Woodson is appealing the fine, according to the Cowboys.

Yesterday, after walking out to the practice field to visit teammates, Jackson was able to discuss the events of that day. Witnesses said Jackson was combative and belligerent as paramedics and support staff tried to strap him onto a gurney after the seizure, which doctors said was caused by a lack of oxygen to the brain.

"I remember the hit, I remember everything," Jackson said. "Little pieces of my memory aren't there, but that is expected. I feel like that is one of my biggest phobias, being suffocated or being tied down, and it just came out of me that way."

Jackson was able to leave the field and walk into the locker room after the game, but he collapsed in convulsions while being observed in the training room. Medical personnel from both the Seahawks and Cowboys responded and stabilized the third-year pro before he was placed in an ambulance and taken to a local hospital.

Jackson spent Sunday night being observed then was released from the hospital and returned to Seattle with teammates Bobby Engram and Koren Robinson.

Jackson, who had looked forward to playing against Washington and his college coach, Steve Spurrier, will not play this week and possibly next week while he undergoes tests to find the cause of his seizure.

"This is the game of football, and things like this happen," Jackson said. "You take every hit in stride."

Remove this Banner Ad

Back