Top 10 Rookies

Remove this Banner Ad

What is it with people underrating Maxwell on this site?

No it's the over-rating that's in plague proportions.

The guy was a spud.
Became captain.
Widespread laughter.
Focus on him.
As the season wore on he become a solid contributor.
Footy world stunned that he has moved out of the spud category.
Result: Maxwell = All Australian.

Most unworthy all-australian I've ever seen.

The guy was a spud.
Became captain.
Widespread laughter.
Focus on him.

That pretty much sums it up for me also.:thumbsu:

The guy was a spud.
Became captain.
Widespread laughter.
Focus on him.

The guy was a good underrated footballer.
Became captain.
Widespread trolling on bf.
Focus on him.
As the season started he showed great leadership qualities and was extremely good in defence.
BF continue their constant trolling.
Result: Maxwell rewarded for a good season, BF still clueless.

I'm not the only one that has challenged Maxwells place on that list champ.:thumbsu:

Look at this:

This bloke actually has the audacity to claim that Maxwell has had a better career than McDonald.

Most of you Collingwood types are as silly as a hat full of arseholes.

i couldnt give a s**t what you or anyone thinks of maxwell, fact is he was voted by a panel of experts to be the AA HB or where ever he was put.

what i do give a s**t about though is you saying north are a harder team than collingwood, hard in what way? gut running hard? courage in the air hard? not sherking contests hard? or do you mean hard as in trying to belt players off the ball? there is no area in the game that your club is better than mine in, no area that matters anyway.

as for Mcdonald, no maxwell hasnt had a better career.

So, in your logic, Dane Swan should have won the Brownlow this year, because after all he had the most possessions this year with the highest average...:rolleyes:

Boomerang logic.

Does the best player in the AFL always win the Brownlow?

Ever heard of leadership? Obviously not...

Richie Vandenburg was also a great leader, that doesn't mean we'll be seeing him in any top ten lists.

I'll take comfort in the knowledge that Leigh Adams, Matt Campbell, Nathan Grima and Marcus White will all make their way in to that list in 5 or 6 years.

So in 5 years time 4 of the top 10 rookies of all time will be North players :eek:

Good to see you're not getting carried away

i couldnt give a s**t what you or anyone thinks of maxwell, ............fact is he was voted by a panel of experts to be the AA HB or where ever he was put.

what i do give a s**t about though is you saying north are a harder team than collingwood, hard in what way? gut running hard? courage in the air hard? not sherking contests hard? or do you mean hard as in trying to belt players off the ball? there is no area in the game that your club is better than mine in, no area that matters anyway.

For a bloke that doesn't care for my opinions you sure do a great impression of an apoplectic hissy fit.

as for Mcdonald, no maxwell hasnt had a better career.

Thanks Einstein.:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

May as well put up or shut up:

1. Dean Cox
2. Brett Kirk
3. Mal Michael
4. Aaron Sandilands
5. Ben Rutten
6. Tadhg Kennelly
7. James McDonald
8. Brad Sewell
9. Nathan Bock
10. Russel Robertson

Based on careers (and obviously how good their best footy was), rather than who's hot at the moment.

Honourable mentions to Matthew Boyd, Darren Jolly, Aaron Davey, Dale Morris, Chad Fletcher, Antoni Grover, Roger Hayden, Quinten Lynch, Nick Maxell, Tarkyn Lockyer and a handful of others.

May as well put up or shut up:

1. Dean Cox
2. Brett Kirk
3. Mal Michael
4. Aaron Sandilands
5. Ben Rutten
6. Tadhg Kennelly
7. James McDonald
8. Brad Sewell
9. Nathan Bock
10. Russel Robertson

Based on careers (and obviously how good their best footy was), rather than who's hot at the moment.

Honourable mentions to Matthew Boyd, Darren Jolly, Aaron Davey, Dale Morris, Chad Fletcher, Antoni Grover, Roger Hayden, Quinten Lynch, Nick Maxell, Tarkyn Lockyer and a handful of others.
Good job with that list I've got no problems with that.

Good job with that list I've got no problems with that.

it is a good list, id have rutten in front of michael though, maybe robbo up a few places as well, id have robbo above sewell at this stage and above Mcdonald as well.

also wasnt mitchell a rookie? id rate him highly as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back