Scores and rankings Top 10 Teams - Analysis

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
G'day Fellas, coach of the Clutch Maulers here, also known as number 5
Welcome, its good to have another one I can report on. Hope you don't mind us sticky beaking into your methods.

Oh The Moderator suggested I don't include in my "one of our member" teams that have not joined our group. He even suggested I encourage those on here that are not in the Bigfooty group to join.

Heres the link http://supercoach.heraldsun.com.au/group?cic=854576

If you join that's going to shuffle me down to 9th , grrrrrrrr

Welcome, its good to have another one I can report on. Hope you don't mind us sticky beaking into your methods.

Oh The Moderator suggested I don't include in my "one of our member" teams that have not joined our group. He even suggested I encourage those on here that are not in the Bigfooty group to join.

Heres the link http://supercoach.heraldsun.com.au/group?cic=854576

If you join that's going to shuffle me down to 9th , grrrrrrrr

I just joined so your already down to 9th Sorry!

Hadn't looked at the group in a while. My team sucks so bad in team value compared to the rest.

12.3m amazing that you're currently in the top 10k let alone in the top 100

Player Ownership in the Top 50 (pre-trades)

90%-100%: Fyfe, Martin, Shaw, Goldstein, Gray, Pendlebury, Swan

80-89: Hamling, Lambert

70-79: Mitchell, Steele

60-69: Dangerfield, Kennedy, Hodge, Beams, Goddard

50-59: Boston, Naitanui, Newnes, Franklin

40-49: Simpson, Read, Priddis, Dahlhaus, Smith, Higgins, Dale

30-39: Parker, McKenzie, Selwood, Cox, Cripps, Pearce, McDonald, Saad, Hannebery, Houli

20-29: Bontempelli, Ward, Gibson, Wines, Dumont, H. Goddard, Lever, Glenn, Maric, Wallis, Murphy, Deledio

10-19: Oxley, McKernan, Shiel, Picken, Kavanagh, Mundy, S.Martin, Gawn, Beasley, Cotchin, Rance, Steven, Motlop, Krakeour, Heppell, Hibberd

Of note from the rest: Kolodjashnij (8%), Laird (8%), Blicavs (6%), N. Riewoldt (6%), Wingard (2%), Enright (2%), Ablett (2%)

I just use this to see how I'm going against a competitive par. For example, Wines scored 150 odd and is owned by 13 of the top 50, while I only had the typical picks, so I am already behind those players this round. Also, Maric and Stefan Martin combined are owned by 17 teams, giving me a slight advantage if they didn't hit the trade button.

Good work AngryRanga, I've collected the raw data for how many times each player appears in the top 10, top 25 and top 50 again, as I posted last week. Is anyone interested in seeing that again?

Similar to you, I'm interested in how I'm tracking against the top 50, so I'll track all of their pre-trade and non-captain scores.

I'll do a few other forms of analysis looking at how the selections affect the top teams as well,

Tankers, ranked 31 for example, is in for a very tough round with Saad, Colquhuon and Hugh Goddard in his backline, Boston, McKenzie, Dumont and Brenton Payne in his midfield, Maric and Mason Cox in his rucks, and Roughead up forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nickoless, very nice start for Clutch maulers with Wines, Pendles and Swan. You didn't happen to trade in Gray did you?

The best start of the round goes to RELIEABLES, ranked 11, with Langdon (the only owner in the top 50), Wines, Pendles, Swan and Gray.

The Phanton (12th adelaide advertiser) has also started well with Wines, Sidebottom, Pendlebury, Gray and Swan.

Saucey (20th) is the only pre-trade owner of Taylor Adams in the top 50.

Nickoless, very nice start for Clutch maulers with Wines, Pendles and Swan. You didn't happen to trade in Gray did you?

The best start of the round goes to RELIEABLES, ranked 11, with Langdon (the only owner in the top 50), Wines, Pendles, Swan and Gray.

The Phanton (12th adelaide advertiser) has also started well with Wines, Sidebottom, Pendlebury, Gray and Swan.

Saucey (20th) is the only pre-trade owner of Taylor Adams in the top 50.
Wow you are taking this to a level I could never have time for or even considered going to. Keep it up, I will step back and leave it to you as I just cant commit the time to it. I will however keep some data for my own analysis, and I still dream of doing a report which includes my team.

Nick work superfraser

Wow you are taking this to a level I could never have time for or even considered going to. Keep it up, I will step back and leave it to you as I just cant commit the time to it. I will however keep some data for my own analysis, and I still dream of doing a report which includes my team.

Nick work superfraser

The data entry is the only part that's difficult for me.

Once I've got that in, I've got it all automated. However, for the last couple of weeks I've been on holidays, so I'm not sure if I'll continue doing the top 50. Really hoping I can increase my rank enough to just focus on the top 30 or so. :)

Nick work superfraser

Hey mate,

Got a busy week, unlikely I'll be able to get my data entry done so if you do have time for yours, go for it. :)

Week 15 - Last weeks top 10

or Renamed

"Im not taking no ruck Donut"

Well we have a new leader (not surprised) but the lead is only 17 and many teams may be able to catch. I think if the old leader had of spent the bye weeks upgrading his team instead of just going sideways he may still be there but who knows. He did carry lots of zero scoring players though early rounds and had a low team value. The average for the top 10 was 2529, with the Highest being 2731(new second place) and the lowest being 2348 dropping "Travisty" down from 3rd to 18th. There was no constant trading trends except for the ones holding Maric in the ruck all dumped him so as not to take the donut. This was a big change as I dont think I have seen a single r1 or r2 trade since I started doing this some 8 weeks ago. All went for different replacements depending on who they already had. Poor old "A team" went two sideways trades in Gibson to Houli and Cripps to Lewis. Dont think he would be too happy with the result so far. Only 1 team seemed to do any sort of cash grab for maybe a upgrade next week, this surpised me as Gaz was on the horizion as I said last week. Maybe they are all settled on a mid group and dont see a place for him, maybe they are getting short of trades or maybe they thought they had another week to wait for him. Who knows, just know he will be comming in for me in a bid to catch these guys.

3 Teams drop out with the replacements being two that have been in before and 1 new team who scored a massive 2837 to jump from 20th to 3rd. Back later with the report on the new top 10.

With only 1 new team and the trades from this round there is only one new player added onto the list. B.Mayard is in four of the teams and I expect to see him in a few more this week if he is named again. Again they have gone early on this guy.

Every team in the top 10 had the following players.

H.Shaw
D.Martin
S.Pendlebury
N.Fyfe
J.Steele
T.Goldstien (NEW)
T.Mitchell (NEW)

Other players that were in almost all teams (7/10 or more)

J.Hambling (8)
D.Swan (9)
R.Gray (9)
D.Beams (9)
K.Lambert (9)
J.Kennedy (9)
T.McDonald (7) NEW
S.Higgins (7) NEW
P.Dangerfield (7) Back in
L.Hodge (8) NEW

J.Newnes, L.Dalhaus off the list.

It looks like the back line is becoming more and more common with Shaw, Higgins, McDonald, Hodge and Hambling on the bench. The other 3 backmen vary wildly with only Newnes and H.Goddard appearing in more than three teams. Actually as I look at it now all lines are pretty much "Half set" "half all over the place".

Here is the base team as of round 15

B. Shaw, Higgins, Hodge, McDonald, ? ? (Hambling, ?)
M. Fyfe, Pendlebury, Dangerfield, Beams, Kennedy, ? ? ? (Steele, ? ?)
R. Goldstien, ? (?)
F. Gray, Swan, Martin, T.Mitchell, ? ? (Lambert, ?)

Its the "all over the place" parts of the sides that's going to make the difference now. That and how many trades they have left.

Trades used by top 10 teams

1, Hezza's Dogs, 14 trades in 6 weeks
2, Big Test Icicles, 13 trades in 6 weeks
3, Saucy, ?
4, Go Pies 05, 15 trades in 8 weeks
5, Hard to Beat, 14 trades in 8 weeks
6, Clutch Maulers, 7 trades in 4 weeks
7, K Bears, 7 in 4 weeks
8, First take, 3 in 2 weeks
9, SNEDDIN GLORY, 5 trades in 3 weeks
10, The A Team, 13 trades in 7 weeks

Week 16 - Last weeks top 10

or renamed

"Cant pick a trend"

Yes there was no real trend in trading this week. I did expect a few more trades trying to get Gaz in but only 2 did. Those that didnt are going to find it hard to do this week so I would say (guess) most will save him for a LTI swap or a late upgrade. If Beams shoulder is crap then they will need to find about 100K to do that upgrade. Four teams did no trades and I expect that to increase in next few weeks. The most interesting trade was one that grabed Gaz and the cheapest D/M loophole (Anderson). This is the first I have seen a deliberate loophole pick since start of the seasons teams. One team did a sideways trade of Ziebell to Gray.

The leader scored the highest in the top 10 with 2570 and the average was 2516. 2 teams drop out and we only have 1 new team, the other was one that was 2nd for a long time but dropped out of the top 10 some 5 weeks ago and has made his way back.

One thing I didnt notice last week but stood out this week was the first and second teams are very very similar. Only differences after the trades this week are

Armatige, Rockcilff, Blicavs
V
Selwood, Hannerbery, Natanui

Back later with the new top 10 stuff.

Again with only 1 new team and the trades from this round there is only one new player added onto the list. B.Stretch. I dont expect to see him in many top 10 teams for the rest of the year. A couple more teams added Maynard as expected.

H.Shaw
D.Martin
N.Fyfe
T.Goldstien
T.Mitchell
R.Gray (NEW)

S.Pendlebury (9)
J.Hambling (7)
J.Steele (9)
D.Swan (9)
D.Beams (8)
K.Lambert (8)
J.Kennedy (8)
T.McDonald (8)
S.Higgins (7)
P.Dangerfield (7)
L.Hodge (9)
M.Pridas (7) NEW

1, Hezza's Dogs, 15 trades in 7 weeks
2, Big Test Icicles, 13 trades in 7 weeks
3, Saucy, 1 trade in 1 week
4, Hard to Beat, 16 trades in 9 weeks
5, SNEDDIN GLORY, 7 trades in 4 weeks
6, Clutch Maulers, 9 trades in 5 weeks
7, First take, 4 in 3 weeks
8, Walks' Legends, ?
9, Go Pies 05, 15 trades in 9 weeks
10, Harder Rain, 14+ trades in 9 weeks (could be more)

Wish I could find out how many they used before I started tracking, if the threads here are anything to go on most would have between 7 and zero trades left. We will soon know when injuries hit and trades arnt made the ones that have run out or nearly out.

People have posted before about how far behind before you give up on the top place, well Im about 600 behind and Im not giving up for a couple of reasons.

1. There are several players in that list of "most teams" that I dont have. Some of these teams have very little or weak cover. I also suspect they have few trades left, Injuries to those players could be the difference.

2. There are very few really consistent players this year. Players you would of thought are locks for 110+ each week are scoring 150 one week and 70 the next. Even Fyfe and Gray are having down periods let alone the rollercoaster that is everybody's back line. Just this last weekend on the Sunday I had a 260 point difference in the same 9 players from the week before (down unfortunately). That can happen to these top teams any week or even several weeks. All these top 10 have either spuds or inconsistent players.

3. Subs, Captains choices, loopholes and even clicking errors can all cause points loss.

I know its a long shot but the randomness in the scores gives me hope. 4 weeks to go and 600 points down I will call it quits and set a new goal but for now I have a few weeks to catch these guys. 7 weeks to go, one of us should be able to do it.

Again with only 1 new team and the trades from this round there is only one new player added onto the list. B.Stretch. I dont expect to see him in many top 10 teams for the rest of the year. A couple more teams added Maynard as expected.

H.Shaw
D.Martin
N.Fyfe
T.Goldstien
T.Mitchell
R.Gray (NEW)

S.Pendlebury (9)
J.Hambling (7)
J.Steele (9)
D.Swan (9)
D.Beams (8)
K.Lambert (8)
J.Kennedy (8)
T.McDonald (8)
S.Higgins (7)
P.Dangerfield (7)
L.Hodge (9)
M.Pridas (7) NEW

1, Hezza's Dogs, 15 trades in 7 weeks
2, Big Test Icicles, 13 trades in 7 weeks
3, Saucy, 1 trade in 1 week
4, Hard to Beat, 16 trades in 9 weeks
5, SNEDDIN GLORY, 7 trades in 4 weeks
6, Clutch Maulers, 9 trades in 5 weeks
7, First take, 4 in 3 weeks
8, Walks' Legends, ?
9, Go Pies 05, 15 trades in 9 weeks
10, Harder Rain, 14+ trades in 9 weeks (could be more)

Wish I could find out how many they used before I started tracking, if the threads here are anything to go on most would have between 7 and zero trades left. We will soon know when injuries hit and trades arnt made the ones that have run out or nearly out.

People have posted before about how far behind before you give up on the top place, well Im about 600 behind and Im not giving up for a couple of reasons.

1. There are several players in that list of "most teams" that I dont have. Some of these teams have very little or weak cover. I also suspect they have few trades left, Injuries to those players could be the difference.

2. There are very few really consistent players this year. Players you would of thought are locks for 110+ each week are scoring 150 one week and 70 the next. Even Fyfe and Gray are having down periods let alone the rollercoaster that is everybody's back line. Just this last weekend on the Sunday I had a 260 point difference in the same 9 players from the week before (down unfortunately). That can happen to these top teams any week or even several weeks. All these top 10 have either spuds or inconsistent players.

3. Subs, Captains choices, loopholes and even clicking errors can all cause points loss.

I know its a long shot but the randomness in the scores gives me hope. 4 weeks to go and 600 points down I will call it quits and set a new goal but for now I have a few weeks to catch these guys. 7 weeks to go, one of us should be able to do it.
Where are you ranked and trades left?

H.Shaw
D.Martin
N.Fyfe
T.Goldstien
T.Mitchell
R.Gray (NEW)

S.Pendlebury (9)
J.Hambling (7)
J.Steele (9)
D.Swan (9)
D.Beams (8)
K.Lambert (8)
J.Kennedy (8)
T.McDonald (8)
S.Higgins (7)
P.Dangerfield (7)
L.Hodge (9)
M.Pridas (7) NEW

Only three coaches in the Top 10 with Gary Ablett Jnr. Am quite surprised by that.

Where are you ranked and trades left?
Im ranked 89 and still have some trades left. I would prefer not to turn this thread not into a critic of my team as like all of us i have made some mistakes and had some injuries. It all about the top 10, maybe one day that will include my team but as I said I'm still 600 odd behind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back