List Mgmt. Top 16 Draft Wishlist

Remove this Banner Ad

Ok, for fun.

1. BL: Dow (country lad theory, BL may be wary of city boys who miss mummy)
2. Fre: LDU (country lad theory being a factor in this selection
3. Car: Raynor (they will be over rating the "/mid" tag attached to this forward)
4. NM: Stephenson (wow factor, won't last much longer than this pick)
5. Fre: Naughton (highly rated local product KPD)
6. Col: Coffield (everyone seems to say they are set on him)
7. Stk: Cerra (1st part of a dynamic midfield duo)
8. Stk: Constable (2nd part of a dynamic midfield duo)
9. WB: Clark (plays like Hodge - booming kick, commanding, really hard at it, can play in the midfield or defence)
10. Car: Brayshaw (sure bet hard headed partner for Cripps)
11. GWS: Hayes (can't go past the premium ruck product now that Mummy has retired)
12. Ade: Fogarty (burly local lad ranked around this pick range)
13. WC: Brander (versatile tall and a country lad)
14. Syd: Higgins (Buddy partner)
15. BL: Bonar (risk might be worth it with good academy recruits up their sleeve later in the draft)
16. WB: Liam Ryan (20 yo dynamic forward from WA who kicked over 70 goals in 2017, is strong, quick, brilliant overhead and kicks 'em from everywhere - yes, he was overlooked in last years draft but should be a bolter - will definitely go to one of the WA clubs with a pick in the 30's but we should get in first. He is 184cm but plays FF really well, is built strongly like Marcus Adams.)
82. Crameri (they will give him a one year contract to see if he can get back to his barnstorming 2015 form).

I think its how you rate the players and not where you expect that they will go.

I thought it was how you rate the players overall

That is why I had Rayner lower and a few ahead of Dow

Yep, I didn't read the header closely enough. Back to the drawing board.

I will cut it to the mock draft thread.

Needs based bias: I've gone for versatile, non KPP forwards and then classy outside mids with distribution skills and a record of high production where they appear better than a versatile forward.

1. Raynor (Stringer replacement, not as big but better overhead).
2. Coffield (versatile outside mid silk, needs based ranking)
3. Stephenson (again, outside mid who runs around the defenders, dangerous when he gets forward)
4. LDU (clearance king, ready to go in 2018)
5. Dow (high production mid, ready to go in 2018)
6. Cerra (classy all round mid)
7. Clark (Hodgesque player)
8. Liam Ryan (freaky full forward / HFF, a smokey)
9. Higgins (needs based ranking, finds a lot of the ball as a forward)
10. Murphy (another highly ranked medium sized forward )
11. Bonar (tall, athletic forward, ranked lower because of injury history)
12. Richards (versatile mid type)
13. Allen (mobile forward who runs all day)
14. Zac Bailey (fast midfielder)
16. L O'Brien (highly rated outside mid)

Last edited:
Based on needs first then ability second.

1. Stephenson
2. Coffield
3. LDU
4. Dow
5. Raynor
6. Clark
7. O'brien
8. Cerra
9. Balta
10. A. Brayshaw
11. Brander
12. Murphy
13. Allen
14. Richards
15. Ling
16. Bonar

*bonus*
Players often linked to us im not a fan of.
Higgins- dont see any point of difference and cant help but feel he is already close to his ceiling.
Constable- way to slow would get lost in the shuffle of what is already a slow list.
D. Fogarty- although he offers up glimpses of amazement he has next to no tank, and by all reports hasn't got the professionalism/drive to fix things. Alot like a stringer or francis in my mind.

Apologies about the length of the post.

Based on needs first then ability second.

1. Stephenson
2. Coffield
3. LDU
4. Dow
5. Raynor
6. Clark
7. O'brien
8. Cerra
9. Balta
10. A. Brayshaw
11. Brander
12. Murphy
13. Allen
14. Richards
15. Ling
16. Bonar

*bonus*
Players often linked to us im not a fan of.
Higgins- dont see any point of difference and cant help but feel he is already close to his ceiling.
Constable- way to slow would get lost in the shuffle of what is already a slow list.
D. Fogarty- although he offers up glimpses of amazement he has next to no tank, and by all reports hasn't got the professionalism/drive to fix things. Alot like a stringer or francis in my mind.

Apologies about the length of the post.
How many times do I have to say that Constable is not that slow? His pace is only just below average, if that. Supposed lack of pace shouldn't be used as a factor to warn off clubs, his game style covers any deficiency in this area (for which it is minimal, anyway).

Pretty interesting meta rankings so far. There's a tier 1, (LDU, Dow, Stephenson, Cerra, Coffield, Rayner, Brayshaw as expected), then a clear tier 2 (Bonar, Richards), then the rest are tier 3, then a few stragglers at the end. Tells me we really want one of the top 7, but if none slide we really want Bonar or Richards.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1. Raynor
2. Fogarty
3. LDU
4. Dow
5. Bonar
6. Stephenson
7. Coffield
8. Cerra
9. Brayshaw
10. Brander
11. Murphy
12. O’Brien
13. Clark
14. Allen
15. Richards
16. Higgins

How many times do I have to say that Constable is not that slow? His pace is only just below average, if that. Supposed lack of pace shouldn't be used as a factor to warn off clubs, his game style covers any deficiency in this area (for which it is minimal, anyway).
Test results dont always reflect how they use those attributes during play. My biggest pro for Constable however, is he is great by hand almost always hits his target and isnt afraid to thread the needle almost, bont like in his handballing.
Also speaking of bont. At the time of the draft i was shattered we didn't pick aish. So im definitely no expert and happy to be proven wrong.

His testing result where all pretty much the same as Patrick Cripps imo. Think he has better skills though, some of his handballs I've seen this year are godly and his kicking is good especially his finishing.

Also he is 190cm, who do we have who is big on the inside? When Bont isn't in that middle group (resting forward or whatever) we struggle against the bigger sides.

Personally if none of Cerra, Brayshaw or Coffield fall through I'd like something along the lines of this:

9 - Charlie Constable (big body amongst our smaller lighter built inside types, more skilled (bar Bont) and versatile than our other tall inside mids)
16 - Ed Richards (speed and skills)
82 - Matt Guelfi (same as above + versatile) or Liam Ryan* (goals and freak factor)

Rookie - Josh Smithson

*pending that he has improved his professionalism as much as has been stated.

His testing result where all pretty much the same as Patrick Cripps imo. Think he has better skills though, some of his handballs I've seen this year are godly and his kicking is good especially his finishing.

Also he is 190cm, who do we have who is big on the inside? When Bont isn't in that middle group (resting forward or whatever) we struggle against the bigger sides.

Personally if none of Cerra, Brayshaw or Coffield fall through I'd like something along the lines of this:

9 - Charlie Constable (big body amongst our smaller lighter built inside types, more skilled (bar Bont) and versatile than our other tall inside mids)
82 - Matt Guelfi (same as above + versatile) or Liam Ryan* (goals and freak factor)

Rookie - Josh Smithson

Problem is if he's available at 82 he hasn't, and if he has he's not available at 82

Rookie - Josh Smithson

You're convincing me on Constable, I must admit. I think my issue is I haven't seen the footage with these "godly" handballs you are talking about, could you link me? I think that could be the trick that does it for me, I've seen him be very good all over the ground, but not great anywhere; if he's as good on the inside as you say it'll convince me. Also how is his marking? And as you said, if we do take him I'd feel a lot more comfortable if we take a Richards or similar with some pace like we need as well.

Last edited:
You're convincing me on Constable, I must admit. I think my issue is I haven't seen the footage with these "godly" handballs you are talking about, could you link me? I think that could be the trick that does it for me, I've seen him be very good all over the ground, but not great anywhere; if he's as good on the inside as you say it'll convince me. Also how is his marking? And as you said, if we do take him I'd feel a lot more comfortable if we take a Richards or similar with some pace like we need as well.

I remember him doing a really good one to Cerra

Around 40 seconds

Rookie - Josh Smithson

I've had another look and I can see what you're saying with his hands - quick and great vision, seems to find someone the moment he looks up. Re: the Cripps comparisons (which always seem to crop up when talking about his deficiencies), he doesn't seem to have the tackling or ball-winning ability Cripps does. Did Cripps show this in his junior years?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back