Top 3 games of the decade

If I rank games by roughly how much time i sank into them it would be:

3. GTA V (although I barely recognise online now whenever I happen to briefly drop in for a look from time to time)
2. Fallout 4
1. No Man's Sky

Honourable mentions go to RDR 2, Skyrim, Civ V and Crusader Kings 2.

For some reason I just couldn't get into Witcher 3 even though I generally love that style of game and I've read a whole bunch of Witcher books and I'm very much looking forward to the TV show.

Sonny Bonds

Cancelled
Jul 21, 2019
Lytton
AFL Club
Melbourne
Red dead Redemption.
While I enjoyed the stunning 4k visuals of the third instalment in this series (RDR2), I just felt Red Dead Redemption flowed a lot better. Played through it again after flogging RDR2. Just loved crossing the border and riding through the south. The story line was more engaging and wasn't tiresome like RDR2.

Minecraft.
Just loved this sandbox pixelated game. It's been a massive hit and the exploration/crafting is second to none. Getting lost underground was what hooked me to this game. Spent many hours building random stupid s**t.

Assassin's Creed Origins.
Played the earlier Creed games religiously until Black Flag. The series went to s**t until Origins. Absolutely stunning in 4K and the map is delightful. Will be playing Odyssey this x-mas break.

berisha

Club Legend
Mar 22, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Burnley, San Jose Sharks
1. Dishonored (3 votes)
2. RE2 (2 votes)
3. Wolfenstein: The New Order (1 vote)

First 2 were easy for me but 3 could have gone to either of The Last of Us, Quantum Break, Soma or A Plague Tale. Ultimately went with Wolfenstein TNO cuz I just loved the s**t out of it.

Mar 13, 2005
Geelong
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Chelsea, Oakland Raiders, Celtics
Not sure if this is supposed to be favourite games we've played over the past decade or if it's restricted to games released in the past decade. As I have no idea when most games were released I'll go with the first option.

3 votes: Civilization 5
2 votes: Ark: Survival Evolved
1 votes: Archeage

Honorary mentions to : Endless Legend, Entropia Universe, Rift, Darkest Dungeon and Don't Starve Together

Last edited:
1. The Witcher 3
2. Red Dead Redemption
3. The Last of Us

Honourable mention: Red Dead Redemption 2 (probably a better game but the first one is so formative for me), BioShock Infinite, Skyrim, Uncharted 3 and 4 and Lost Legacy, Alien: Isolation, Journey, Battlefield 4.

May 1, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
1. Dark Souls: start of a passion for me, and (outside potentially Bloodborne) the only one that I feel the PVE is worth it without the PVP. I beat Gwyn and I jump straight into NG+ and into the undead berg almost without thinking, where I defeat Soul of Cinder/Nashandra/Aldia/moon presence/Gehrmann and I turn the game off for a bit.
2. Tales of the Borderlands: the start to middle of Ch.5 remains to me one of the most affecting moments within a video game, one which almost transcends the medium and becomes literature.
3. Skyrim: drop me in a cave - any cave - on the mainland, and I could probably tell you where it is. Poured sooo much time into this beast.

Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
This took me far too long than what it needed to be but I got there.

1. Witcher 3 - not only of the decade but one of my genuine GOATs. What a game.

2. Diablo 3 - not initially at launch of course, but by the time Reaper of Souls released it was like an entirely new game. In terms of time investment it's only second to WoW for me. Probably my favourite aRPG looter of all time.

3. Fallout New Vegas - the gameplay certainly came with a lot of warts, but it was one of the last true AAA RPGs.

Picking 3 games is tough as * will pick a top 10

Assassins creed black flag
Mass effect 2
Red dead redemption
Red dead redemption 2
Detroit become human
Assassins creed odyssey
Life is strange
Grand theft auto 5
Call of duty black ops
Assassins creed origins

Back