Top 3 games of the decade

Chrizzt

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 17, 2009
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Unpopular opinion. I still haven't finished Witcher 3 or The Last of Us. Neither really grabbed me.

I do plan on getting through them eventually.
Yeah I got about 20 hours into Witcher 3 before stopping a few years ago and haven't gone back since. Finished the first two and loved them. Loved the world and dialogue etc in W3, but just felt gameplay was endless button mashing on the mouse and got a bit tedious. Would like to go back and finish it one day.

This thread needs more Playerunknown's Battlegrounds.
It's not very often a single title can lead to the creation of an entire genre.

In fact have we even seen any new genres apart from battle royale's at all during the 201X decade??
I'll give PUBG -1 vote just for starting the chain of a million battle royale games.

Anyone else rate Rust? I'd have liked to put it in but I havent played it for a few years so I didn't want to put it on my list in case it had changed significantly. Between that and The Old Republic, I'd say they took up about 50% of my gaming time over the decade, but given the variability of MMO games, I excluded both of them.

funk44

Skookum Choocher
Mar 31, 2010
AFL Club
Geelong
I flat out didn't like TLOU and thought it was boring AF. My opinion usually aligns with the crowd so I was surprised I didn't like it.
I was very surprised I didn't like it as well as I loved the Uncharted series but I found it mind numbingly boring and the game play was poor and extremely repetitive as well

Jul 12, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
Carlton
fallout new vegas
TLOU
dead space II. my backlog is like a decade old. struggled to find another one i play regularly in my library and steam tells me dead space 2 was released 2011.

Last edited:
Yeah I got about 20 hours into Witcher 3 before stopping a few years ago and haven't gone back since. Finished the first two and loved them. Loved the world and dialogue etc in W3, but just felt gameplay was endless button mashing on the mouse and got a bit tedious. Would like to go back and finish it one day.
Sounds like you might need to up the difficulty. Death March is the only way to play IMO. Means you have to actually use all the tools at your disposal, not just slashing with the sword.

Back