Top 3 games of the decade

Jul 7, 2007
Ziggurat City
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
LUFC, Patriots
The games I've played out of that list are Witcher 3, TLoU, God of War, GTA V, Red Dead 2 and Horizon Zero Dawn. I'd have all of them above Breath of the Wild.

HZD is the one that suffers the most from fewer people playing it.
I've played all of them bar Borderlands 2 and I'd have Horizon Zero Dawn right at the top.

Sep 4, 2004
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
The games I've played out of that list are Witcher 3, TLoU, God of War, GTA V, Red Dead 2 and Horizon Zero Dawn. I'd have all of them above Breath of the Wild.

HZD is the one that suffers the most from fewer people playing it.

It's all just opinions of course but have you spent a genuine amount of time with BOTW?

The richness of BOTW's world and what can be done is pretty amazing. The Witcher 3 is the only one I'd put clearly above it (although I haven't played God of War yet). I think some see Nintendo graphics and assume a simple game.

HZD is a good game but it seems an amalgamation of recent open world games put together. A few times I was feeling that I'd some of this stuff before. It is a very good game though. No arguments there.

2006_Eagles

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts BeanCoiNFT Investor Spooderman Meme Medal
Sep 6, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Pelicans, Perf Wildcats
It's all just opinions of course but have you spent a genuine amount of time with BOTW?

The richness of BOTW's world and what can be done is pretty amazing. The Witcher 3 is the only one I'd put clearly above it (although I haven't played God of War yet). I think some see Nintendo graphics and assume a simple game.

HZD is a good game but it seems an amalgamation of recent open world games put together. A few times I was feeling that I'd some of this stuff before. It is a very good game though. No arguments there.

BOTW made me hate Zelda which is a fair achievement considering A Link To The Past is my favourite console game of all time.

Cheers Iwata. Cheers for directionless game play. Cheers for mind numbing food crafting. Cheers for weapons that crumble every 2 seconds. Cheers for shitty motion controlled puzzles that get frustrating quickly. Cheers for a billion shrines that are tiny iterations of one another. Cheers for the weather effects screwing your traversal non stop. Cheers for the complete lack of a epic soundtrack. Cheers for removing everything that made Zelda enjoyable.

Cheers for ruining Zelda for me you big old champ

Last edited:
Sep 4, 2004
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
BOTW made me hate Zelda which is a fair achievement considering A Link To The Past is my favourite console game of all time.

Cheers Iwata. Cheers for directionless game play. Cheers for mind numbing food crafting. Cheers for weapons that crumble every 2 seconds. Cheers for shitty motion controlled puzzles that get frustrating quickly. Cheers for a billion shrines that are tiny iterations of one another. Cheers for the weather effects screwing your traversal non stop. Cheers for the complete lack of a epic soundtrack. Cheers for removing everything that made Zelda enjoyable.

Fair enough :(

Sep 20, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
PT was the clear best thing from the last decade. A real tragedy for the industry that a walking simulator took it's place.

Xenoblade Chronicles
Starcraft 2
Fortnite

hon. mention: FIFA 10 - FIFA 19. i bought them all and never thought twice about it. don't have 20 so might be end of an era

surely you can't be talking about Satoru Iwata, lmao

May 16, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
I try and judge games by gameplay rather than hype so this will most likely be unpopular:

1) Botw: The rain shits me but it is awesome, I keep coming back
2) Far Cry 5: Just love, it a little above FC3 its awesome both single player and coop
3) Avengers Ultimate Alliance 3: Ive been plyaing with my son and it is damn hard to stop, simple yet satisfying and playing with my boy is great fun.

Notable mentions: Mario Kart 8 (switch) Assassins Creed Origins (the setting, the gameplay, looks gorgeous.....)

By the looks of things I need to check out The Witcher 3 sounds superb.

Sep 4, 2004
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
I try and judge games by gameplay rather than hype so this will most likely be unpopular:

1) Botw: The rain shits me but it is awesome, I keep coming back
2) Far Cry 5: Just love, it a little above FC3 its awesome both single player and coop
3) Avengers Ultimate Alliance 3: Ive been plyaing with my son and it is damn hard to stop, simple yet satisfying and playing with my boy is great fun.

Notable mentions: Mario Kart 8 (switch) Assassins Creed Origins (the setting, the gameplay, looks gorgeous.....)

By the looks of things I need to check out The Witcher 3 sounds superb.

I remember playing the first two Ultimate Alliances back in the day with my oldest. Great memories.

Yep, Witcher 3 is definitely worth it.

Aug 8, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
I remember playing the first two Ultimate Alliances back in the day with my oldest. Great memories.
I remember I wanted to play the first one. I bought a preowned 360 copy at EB Games for cheap. Got out of the store, checked the disc and it was scratched to all buggery - someone had moved their console with it inside. Took it back and exchanged it for something else... never did get around to playing it.

Only just recently gotten back into gaming, so plenty to catch-up on, but early days I'd say:

1. BOTW
2. Odyssey
--- daylight ---
3. TLOU

Back