Rookie
Dec 13, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
St. Kilda
Top 3 Saints

To make it difficult you can only name 3 players. I’d like to put Harvey, Ball and Gram etc but this is my top 3.

1. Nick Riewoldt
2. Nick Dal Santo
3. Lenny Hayes

Top 3 Saints

To make it difficult you can only name 3 players. I’d like to put Harvey, Ball and Gram etc but this is my top 3.

1. Nick Riewoldt
2. Nick Dal Santo
3. Lenny Hayes

what about BJ this season i would put him ahead of Dal ( or maybe not but he would have been bloody close in my eyes if he was still out there). i feel Goddard's injury was devastating to our side i think he is arguably the best kick in the AFL sets up so, so many goals with a huge boot from the half back line. Very under rated player

what about BJ this season i would put him ahead of Dal ( or maybe not but he would have been bloody close in my eyes if he was still out there). i feel Goddard's injury was devastating to our side i think he is arguably the best kick in the AFL sets up so, so many goals with a huge boot from the half back line. Very under rated player

I agree but unfortunately his out until next year. I never said it would be easy to rate the players. I think after Riewoldt in first spot it is very hard to rate them.

Top 3 Saints

To make it difficult you can only name 3 players.

It already IS difficult! lol j/k :p
Good luck against the Cats this weekend. If form is anything to go by you're going to need it! Why don't you have a discussion thread about the cats game yet? Is it on that other message board?

It already IS difficult! lol j/k :p
Good luck against the Cats this weekend. If form is anything to go by you're going to need it! Why don't you have a discussion thread about the cats game yet? Is it on that other message board?

Don’t forget the cats have a history of dropping game they should win or should I say games they think they will win.

Don’t forget the cats have a history of dropping game they should win or should I say games they think they will win.

Not getting ahead of myself, just saying if form is anything to go by... If you look at the Geelong board you will see quite a few of us are worried about dropping this game too...

finrod there was a tool called rick james who is a melb fan? who came in before the 1st game being a troll and a smart a rse saying sh it about saints and predicting giving us a hiding..we won havent seen rick james since and currently we are 4-5 and dees are 0-9 so mate wat im getting at is dont get ahead of yourself cos we all know that football is a game that can come back to bite a blowhard on the butt..get it?

finrod there was a tool called rick james who is a melb fan? who came in before the 1st game being a troll and a smart a rse saying sh it about saints and predicting giving us a hiding..we won havent seen rick james since and currently we are 4-5 and dees are 0-9 so mate wat im getting at is dont get ahead of yourself cos we all know that football is a game that can come back to bite a blowhard on the butt..get it?

hmmmm not exactly :confused:

1 Riewoldt - Best workrate there is.
2 Hayes - Super midfielder, great kick and always plays well. Injury wrecked career best form
3 Hudghton - Such a key for our side. Most underrated player in the AFL. The best key defender in the league the last few years deserved 2 all Australian jerseys, rarely has goals kicked on him (neitz aside) and had the least amount of goals kicked on him by any full back last year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

from an oppositon point of view:

1. Riewoldt : All class and can take a match by the scruff of the neck and win it for his club

2. Harvey: At his at which is what... 36? can still dominate and if respect isnt shown will hurt you, we found that out in the 05 Qualifying Final.

3. Hamill : I think he is sorely missed by the saints, his presence around the ground cant be relaced and makes his team mates walk taller when he is on the field.

In terms of pure quality, I'd say...

Riewoldt - Best work rate (for a KPP) in the AFL. Hasn't been in great form, but is the most talented player at the club
Hayes - The complete package. Gets a shitload of the ball, good skills, very strong, amazing fitness, smart player, physical prescence and can burst through a pack
Harvey - Legend of the universe

In terms of important to the team...

Gram - Is the best rebounding defender in the competition. Without him we just can't kick enough goals
Hudghton - He can beat any forward 1-on-1. A fit Hudghton in the team means that we don't have to flood
Harvey - Freaskishly consistent, steps up when we need someone to take control, doesn't slow down and is our best midfielder

Remove this Banner Ad

Back