Prediction Top 4 2018-2019?

TKiL

Cancelled
Jul 22, 2017
Eastern Suburbs, Melb
AFL Club
Collingwood
West Coast, Pies, Tigers and Melbourne all tipped to be top four in 2019. In current finals system have the 4 prelim finalists ever made the top 4 the following year? Who's going to fall out of the top 4 this year?

Baird

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 3, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
I've seen enough. Richmunted will NOT make the top 4 this season.

Collingwood
Melbourne
West Coast

The 4th team will just be making up the numbers and get humiliated by the woodsmen in week one.

West Coast, Pies, Tigers and Melbourne all tipped to be top four in 2019. In current finals system have the 4 prelim finalists ever made the top 4 the following year? Who's going to fall out of the top 4 this year?
WestCoast and Pies are very likely to be in the top 4 . Tigers less so but that is only for lack of depth . Melbourne won't make it, still mentally weak imho. Perhaps Crows or GWS will be 4th.

TKiL

Cancelled
Jul 22, 2017
Eastern Suburbs, Melb
AFL Club
Collingwood
WestCoast and Pies are very likely to be in the top 4 . Tigers less so but that is only for lack of depth . "Melbourne won't make it, still mentally weak" imho. Perhaps Crows or GWS will be 4th.
I pray this is so - or they make it and we either flog them or beat them by a kick in time on - whatever inflicts the most agony on those tossers....

Last edited:

swiftdog

Premiership Player
Sep 26, 2005
melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood

Pretty sure 2009 and 2010 both had Collingwood vs Geelong and St.Kilda vs Western Bulldogs Preliminary Finals.

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Let’s give ourselves one of the top 4 spots, so in alphabetical order:

• Collingwood, Adelaide, Richmond, West Coast. (If you think I’d put any team in front of us, nah)

Next four in alphabetical order:

• Essendon, Geelong, Greater Western Sydney, Melbourne.

Missing the eight, the first missing 6 in alphabetical order:

• Brisbane, Hawthorn, North Melbourne, Port Adelaide, Sydney, Western Bulldogs.

Outside the eight the bottom four in alphabetical order:

• Carlton, Fremantle, Gold Coast, St Kilda.

I pray this is so - or they make it and we either flog them or beat them by a kick in time on - whatever inflicts the most agony on those tossers....
They just don't strike me as a killer team. They are very very good and put teams to the sword but have a tendency of going missing when the pressure is on.
Last game against us, finals on the line. The Q'Bday match, the battle of their lauded midfield and ours. Or the semi against WCE. And now again,JLT2 against Brisbane. Who I will admit , is no longer a wooden spoon contender. And I hate to say, but look at us or Richmond. Good teams put bad teams away. Even in practice matches, one can practice winning too.

Let’s give ourselves one of the top 4 spots, so in alphabetical order:

• Collingwood, Adelaide, Richmond, West Coast. (If you think I’d put any team in front of us, nah)

Next four in alphabetical order:

• Essendon, Geelong, Greater Western Sydney, Melbourne.

Missing the eight, the first missing 6 in alphabetical order:

• Brisbane, Hawthorn, North Melbourne, Port Adelaide, Sydney, Western Bulldogs.

Outside the eight the bottom four in alphabetical order:

• Carlton, Fremantle, Gold Coast, St Kilda.
I beg to differ on Freo. Swap them with the doggies who seem to be lacking that collective drive. Not to sure about Essendon, it is a toss up between them and Port.

didaksrightfoot

Premiership Player
Sep 12, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
SA Spurs, Juventus
WestCoast and Pies are very likely to be in the top 4 . Tigers less so but that is only for lack of depth . Melbourne won't make it, still mentally weak imho. Perhaps Crows or GWS will be 4th.

Unless one of Lynch/Martin/Rance is injured for most of the year, I don't see the Tigers missing the top 4. I reckon they have a strong resurgence this year, and should still be the team to beat. The only caveat is if Lynch completely ruins their forward structure and game style.

I also don't think we are "very likely" to make the top 4. I would have it at 50-50. Our game style has proven it can hold up well in finals, but I don't think it's one that will have you consistently dominating games week in-week out, particularly not with our harder draw this year.

I think the odds of them missing the top 4, are on par with us missing the top 8.

jonbe54

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 18, 2009
Rural paradise
AFL Club
Collingwood
LOL just because it has been so doesn't mean it will be so - perhaps none.

Unless one of Lynch/Martin/Rance is injured for most of the year, I don't see the Tigers missing the top 4. I reckon they have a strong resurgence this year, and should still be the team to beat. The only caveat is if Lynch completely ruins their forward structure and game style.

I also don't think we are "very likely" to make the top 4. I would have it at 50-50. Our game style has proven it can hold up well in finals, but I don't think it's one that will have you consistently dominating games week in-week out, particularly not with our harder draw this year.

I think the odds of them missing the top 4, are on par with us missing the top 8.
Lynch is already missing and it is everyone's guess what his influence will be, let alone whether he could come back to form. I think that will cost them a few games before it starts to click, if it does.
You forgot Cotchin as one of their pillars but that aside, I do wonder how Nankervis will work out with the new 666 rule.
As far as our chances go, well we'll see. Last year was one full of surprises and how we managed to get to the GF with our injuries I still don't know. But if we can get that far with a recycled list , I can only assume that we should do a lot better this year and that would offset the draw.

Back