Prediction Top 4 in 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

We don't need to improve much from last season to make the eight - if just one of the Carlton games was actually at home, we surely would have made it. If we are going to progress further on our development path this season, then we need to aim higher than just making the eight as this would essentially equal last year.
Naturally alot hinges on improvement in our injury management processes. If we can be just league average with time lost to injury then we should see a aubstantial improvement.

I believe we now have our best list ever, potentially based on pure talent, but very young. Should be aiming high and could surprise a few people. To me it's just the age of the majority of the list that may hold us back for another year. The real positive for me is that we have the range of players to cover all positions on the field, there are no excuses for us to not improve, the question is how much. Maybe not top 4 just yet but shouldn't be ruled out.

Agree that teams will improve but I don't see it being Hawthorn or Collingwood. Hawks literally tried to shop around their current best players, can't imagine there's going to be much unity inside the dressing room on the back of that. Collingwood are staring down the barrel of one of their best players being convicted of crimes in the US and they haven't guaranteed he will be at the club even if he beats the charges.

Also agree that North and Adelaide should improve but likely to be from wooden spoon rivals to contending for 16th. Zero chance Brisbane drops out of the 8 with a fit Neale and the returns of Hipwood and Rayner.

I think Geelong will finally capitulate, hopefully resulting in a decade or more of being complete garbage. Sydney bolted last year and remains to be seen if the young kids will stand up again.

GWS and Essendon feel like the shakiest (big surprise given they're 7th and 8th).

Overall I reckon Geelong, Sydney and GWS are the most likely to fall out of the 8, but I don't really see any of the other 9-14th teams pushing that hard so we only need one of them to drop if the stars align and we get a decent run with injuries.
Going to be a very interesting year + difficult to pick.

Our backline is stacked, even if 3 or 4 of our best defenders go down we have other options.

If we get 20+ games out of Fyfe, Taberner, Darcy, Brayshaw and Serong we should make the 8 IMO. $3.50 is good value.

Not necessarily. We were 1 win (which we should have had in multiple games) off finals without Fyfe for a bunch of games and Tabs for a few games last year, plus all of our best defenders missing large parts of the year.

I think we can make finals even with some of them injured.

We aren't contending top 6 so if we have a great season we will be competing for 7-8. Bad news is that we will have to compete for that spot with Carlton who we just can't seem to beat.

If we fail to get 20+ games out of one of those and then won't make the 8, that's not great value is it?

Way too dependent on an unlikely condition for my liking.

Darcy and Taberner in particular are crucial because there's so little coverage for both. If they're both in the 40 man AA squad we're a chance for the top 4. If they both miss a large part of the season we could potentially be bottom 4.........

Darcy and Taberner in particular are crucial because there's so little coverage for both. If they're both in the 40 man AA squad we're a chance for the top 4. If they both miss a large part of the season we could potentially be bottom 4.........
Unless we have a huge injury toll I don’t think we could fall into the bottom 4.
Obviously Tabs, Darcy are key players, but I’d like to think our coaching staff could move the chess pieces around to limit the
damage.
List is young but the spread of players, quality, and depth in all positions looks good.
Good coaches compensate, and JLo appears to be quite astute.
We have fixed the forward coaching position, targeted LeCras.
Really feels like we have ownership at the club, more leadership.
Players are also pushing the change.

like others have said, theres usually a team that makes a massive jump from outside the 8 to firmly top 6 if not top 4. if carlton werent carlton id say they were the most likely as theyve got a very strong spine, but also * them. saints are a rabble and i dont see much A tier talent outside of steele and king, richmond are always capable but maybe theyve fallen off now, eagles are cooked beyond belief and the rest are too far behind imo

got to be us then!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very slim chance to make top 4.

Very happy to get 7th or 8th in 2022
Agree it is a "silly" chance, but clubs don't always progress incrementally. With the potential impact a reduced injury toll could have on key areas for us, it is not out of the question that we can take a bigger step.

Who do we replace? Even in the eight, I’d be happy with 7-8th on the ladder.
Only team that looks to be falling off a cliff is Geelong.
When we were physically challenged, it was boys against men and we don’t have enough seasoned players yet.
I’d take a year like 2010, with a young Fyfe and Mora X factor putting a smile on the dial.
A rookie in Barlow, and most of the rebuild complete, M Harvey’s job was done.
Excited to see what Worner can do.
who can freo replace in the top 8?

I can see either GWS or Essendon dropping out

SEN host Tim Gossage has named the clubs who he thinks will make the top eight in the 2022 AFL season.

Melbourne, the Western Bulldogs, Brisbane, Richmond, Fremantle :freo:, Carlton and Essendon are Gossage’s guaranteed finalists for the upcoming campaign.

The AFL Nation commentator thinks the Demons will win back-to-back premierships this year and has tipped the Dockers:freo: to jump into the top eight.

“Guaranteed, take it to the bank – they (Fremantle :freo:) are making the eight.”

Below are the clubs Gossage thinks will make the finals in 2022, in no particular order:
  1. Melbourne
  2. Western Bulldogs
  3. Brisbane
  4. Richmond
  5. Fremantle:freo:
  6. Carlton
  7. Essendon
  8. Port Adelaide

I would probably put Swans or GWS in there instead of Richmond, but otherwise it's right in line with my predictions. Carlton could miss out too. I'm not sold on them until they show they can play consistent footy. But, they should make it.

SEN host Tim Gossage has named the clubs who he thinks will make the top eight in the 2022 AFL season.

Melbourne, the Western Bulldogs, Brisbane, Richmond, Fremantle :freo:, Carlton and Essendon are Gossage’s guaranteed finalists for the upcoming campaign.

The AFL Nation commentator thinks the Demons will win back-to-back premierships this year and has tipped the Dockers:freo:to jump into the top eight.

“Guaranteed, take it to the bank – they (Fremantle :freo:) are making the eight.”

Below are the clubs Gossage thinks will make the finals in 2022, in no particular order:
  1. Melbourne
  2. Western Bulldogs
  3. Brisbane
  4. Richmond
  6. Carlton
  7. Essendon
  8. Port Adelaide

I would probably put Swans or GWS in there instead of Richmond, but otherwise it's right in line with my predictions. Carlton could miss out too. I'm not sold on them until they show they can play consistent footy. But, they should make it.

A long off-season of soul-searching and realising he got ratioed every time he took on a Wharf fan on twitter has resulted in a distinctly purple tinge to the Goss. Either that, or he's hoping to jinx us into oblivion.

A long off-season of soul-searching and realising he got ratioed every time he took on a Wharf fan on twitter has resulted in a distinctly purple tinge to the Goss. Either that, or he's hoping to jinx us into oblivion.
This time of year, given there's no active triggers, a lot of biases can go dormant to varying degrees.

The AFL Nation commentator thinks the Demons will win back-to-back premierships this year and has tipped the Dockers:freo:to jump into the top eight.

1. Melbourne
  2. Western Bulldogs
  3. Brisbane
  4. Richmond
  6. Carlton
  7. Essendon
  8. Port Adelaide

Gee whiz, Goosage has obviously been held at gun-point by a rabid Harbour Master in a dark back alley behind the Sail and Anchor!

Gee whiz, Goosage has obviously been held at gun-point by a rabid Harbour Master in a dark back alley behind the Sail and Anchor!

Gosh, a lot of haters on Gossage here. Barrett picked Freo for the 8 last year and now Gossage this year. I don’t think either of these guys opinions are worth much, but I think it’s an indication of how the national media view our team. Two guys who wouldn’t recognize our team walking down the street are starting to pay attention. Let’s look at it from a more broad perspective. Three years ago NO ONE had us in the 8. We’re building something and the (V)AFL is starting to notice. That’s a good thing.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

1. Melbourne
  2. Western Bulldogs
  3. Brisbane
  4. Richmond
  6. Carlton
  7. Essendon
  8. Port Adelaide

Richmond 4th? Pfffft, I doubt it!!

I got us knocking on the door of the top but just missing out.

My prediction
Top 4 - Melbourne, Brisbane, Port, Western Bulldogs
Next 4 - Fremantle, Sydney, GWS, Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Back