Prediction Top 4 in 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

The biggest impediment to Freo playing finals this year is COVID 19.
We could easily lose a bunch of players over multiple weeks IMO.

Sadly, I think a COVID stretch is inevitable. The more wins we bank before this the better.
If any foot soldiers go down, replace them with other foot soldiers.

I get nervous reading this thread

Let's just try and get in the 8 first anything more is a bonus
Don’t be nervous. Positivity spreads positivity.
I read all the nervous comments about playing Essendon. Some predicting losses!

I came out and said 40 point win and keep them under 60 from a week ago.

I actually think we’ll give Carlton the reality check Hawks and Port couldn’t quite do.

We’ll be 5-1 then a genuine test against Geelong away on a ground that won’t suit our need for speed.

Embrace a new dawn.

Just had a look at sportsbet we are still ranked 9th on betting to win the comp at $23.

So the hype hasnt translated into our odds being slashed yet today.

Gamble responsibility if anyone is keen and confident at that price.

Don't think we're top 4 material and wouldn't be surprised if start slipping down the ladder as the season progresses.

But...

The style is there, the game plan is there, the players are there. We're currently playing a brand of football that stacks up with best team in the competition. Our turnover and ball movement metrics are outstanding atm.

Again, I think we'll start to fade as we come across more seasoned sides closer to their flag window so the hype is a little premature. Regardless though, it's easy to forget that Freo is one youngest sides in the competition and we've blown away two teams who would've had top 4 aspirations of their own at the start of the season.

I've had my doubts over the past couple of seasons but it genuinely feels like we are really building towards something special once this group has another 50+ games of experience.
Its the style that’s done it for me. It seems most of the games have been on our terms. Its simply been our inability to make the most of our opportunities.

Reality checks will come, like the Saints game but that was without question our worst line up. Going in with Pearce, Hamling and Logue was poor judgement that they have now adjusted. We also had no Darcy, Serong and Mundy.

Stay healthy. Refine some processes.

Reach for the ultimate. Stuff this ‘let’s just make finals’ rubbish.

These top 8 predictions from the start of the season make for pretty interesting reason now (see link below).

Key points:
  • Only 3 people (out of 10) predicted we would make finals with the highest placing us 7th
  • EVERYONE predicted Richmond would make the top 8 with most of them placing Richmond around 4-5
  • No-one put St Kilda in the Top 8
  • Everyone had Port in the top 8
The biggest one for me is Richmond. I just don't see why everyone had them so high. They are not quite Freo 2016, but they were due to fall off and already showed it last year.

These top 8 predictions from the start of the season make for pretty interesting reason now (see link below).

Key points:
  • Only 3 people (out of 10) predicted we would make finals with the highest placing us 7th
  • EVERYONE predicted Richmond would make the top 8 with most of them placing Richmond around 4-5
  • No-one put St Kilda in the Top 8
  • Everyone had Port in the top 8
The biggest one for me is Richmond. I just don't see why everyone had them so high. They are not quite Freo 2016, but they were due to fall off and already showed it last year.

Vic bias without stepping back and seeing what happened to every other dynasty side ever that's not Geelong. They were never making the 8

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Need to win around 15 games to make top 4.

Realistically we'll be 10-3 at the bye (allowing for losses to Melbourne and Brisbane). So would need to win at least 5 of the last 9.

Possible but unlikely given we're a young team, and it'll be hard to maintain this form throughout the remainder of the season. Harder draw in the back end too.

Need to win around 15 games to make top 4.

Realistically we'll be 10-3 at the bye (allowing for losses to Melbourne and Brisbane). So would need to win at least 5 of the last 9.

Possible but unlikely given we're a young team, and it'll be hard to maintain this form throughout the remainder of the season. Harder draw in the back end too.
Reckon we can beat Brizzy at Optus

Covid is the huge variable. No one really knows how long you're immune after getting the virus. WA is copping it now, but what if it sweeps through the Demons in September? All of a suddden we're a genuine Premiership chance.

We're $8 into $1.70 to finish top 4.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back