• Chelsea

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 11, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Liverpool, Patriots & UConn
For the first time in a few years we have a legitimate title race on our hands, which has meant the usual drama surrounding the top four race has been relegated to the doldrums of our consciousness. But it's certainly starting to heat up now especially with the fixtures yet to come, most notably the North London Derby this weekend. A four way race for two spots, with potentially huge ramifications for each side.

Solksjaer will struggle to keep the job if United fail to make the top four you would think, same goes for Sarri. Missing the top four could further widen the gap between Arsenal and the rest of the top five with another year of not attracting the top talent likely to come due at some point. And it would be nothing short of a disaster for Spurs to miss the Champions League after having being seen as fringe title contenders for the last few months.

1551345561300.png

If Chelsea, win their game in hand (against Brighton) and Arsenal beat Spurs in the derby then all the teams could be within two points of each other. A truly salivating prospect. At this stage I think it will be Spurs and United who make the top four, but there's nothing really between these four sides. All of a similar class.

Yeah, I can't see Ole getting sacked if they don't make the top 4. He's done very well considering where they were.

Can you perhaps post a fixture for each club Papermate? We play Spurs and United in back to back weeks (this week and next), which is gonna have a huge impact on the race. I'd gladly take four points from those two fixtures. United have to play Chelsea, Arsenal and City. Chelsea have Liverpool and United. Spurs have Liverpool, Arsenal and City. So really, points can be taken anywhere and everywhere among the top four contenders.

After our next two weeks we don't have fixtures that are too difficult though Watford, Wolves and Burnley - all away - may trouble us.

I'd be more surprised if we made the top four than we didn't. If we play like we did this morning, particularly Ozil and Mhki, there is every chance we could do it.

I reckon United will, logic says Spurs too based on their lead, we might sneak it though.

Still think Spurs are a level above Chelsea, Arsenal and United but they’re just not on Pool and City’s level. They also have the best manager of the four. They should finish third.

I don’t trust us to maintain any kind of form so I think we finish sixth. As for Arsenal and United, hard to say. United just sneak in for mine.

3. Tottenham
4. Man United
———————————
5. Arsenal
6. Chelsea

Arsenal will blow both games against Totts and United so will finish around 5/6.

Interestingly we've games against United (5th) Wolves (7th) Newcastle (13th) Watford (8th) Everton (9th) Palace (14th) Leicester (11th) Brighton (16th) and Burnley (15th)

Bizarrely we could be in a situation were we are playing teams each week in numerical order down the table.

I think it will be Spurs and United that get the places, If Arsenal get 3 points or more from the Spurs and United fixtures in the next week our chances of 4th increase by some margin.

Spurs are really messing this up, top 4 looked a near certainty for them but 1 point in 12 has put them in real danger, especially with trips to the Etihad and Anfield still to come.

If we bank our two games in hand we’ll be up to third :cool:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting battle this, thought Utd had top 4 in the bag, would be a choke for them to not get top 4 now.

When is Chelsea's catch up game rescheduled to?

Hahaha this is funny, top 4 locked in the bag? And a choke?, we’ve come from like 12pts behind 4th spot in Dec to only a couple of points behind Arsenal.

If Chelsea win their game in hand, that’ll be 4 teams separated by 3 points (from third to sixth). Will likely go right down to the wire, as will the title race hopefully.

Back