glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, New York Yankees
It’s a very tight and strange run in. I still think Spurs end up 3rd, they should be able to ride the wave of the new stadium with majority of their remaining games to be played at home.

For me, it’s out of Arsenal and United for 4th. And I still believe Chelsea will win Europa, so will play champions league next year regardless.

Blueboys11

Club Legend
Apr 3, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham, New York Mets
I’m not sure Arsenal’s run home is as easy as some think. 5/7 away including 4 trips to the toughest of the non top 6 teams.

Spurs play City away which is basically a loss but outside of that they have 5/6 at home against also rans.

I’ll leave judgement till after the palace game. If we smash them in the new stadium I’d be very confident of at a minimum 4th.

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
I’m not sure Arsenal’s run home is as easy as some think. 5/7 away including 4 trips to the toughest of the non top 6 teams.

Spurs play City away which is basically a loss but outside of that they have 5/6 at home against also rans.

I’ll leave judgement till after the palace game. If we smash them in the new stadium I’d be very confident of at a minimum 4th.
Good old Tactics Tim thinks we can win every game. :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

You can talk up Spurs chances, but you've D1 (which was lucky it wasn't a draw) and L4 (again, unlucky against Liverpool), in your last five. It's not really encouraging.

Blueboys11

Club Legend
Apr 3, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham, New York Mets
Good old Tactics Tim thinks we can win every game. :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

You can talk up Spurs chances, but you've D1 (which was lucky it wasn't a draw) and L4 (again, unlucky against Liverpool), in your last five. It's not really encouraging.
Who is tactics Tim?

As I said I’ll reserve judgement until after the Palace game. If we win comprehensively I see no reason why Spurs shouldn’t be confident of finishing the season strong

Oct 5, 2007
Yorta Yorta country
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
BlueCo
Screenshot_20190403-061348_Samsung Internet.jpg

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
10k Posts I reneged on a bet or agreement :(
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
It’s anyones still. Arsenal are probably slight favourites but didn’t realise five of their last seven were away. The new stadium may help or hinder us (mind you could hardly hinder us any more than of late with our results). Having been there at the weekend I feel it will help us but no guarantee

Mar 4, 2002
In a state of flux
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool, Red Sox, Melbourne Storm
It’s anyones still. Arsenal are probably slight favourites but didn’t realise five of their last seven were away. The new stadium may help or hinder us (mind you could hardly hinder us any more than of late with our results). Having been there at the weekend I feel it will help us but no guarantee

What did ya think of it?

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Wasn’t there meant to be a giant cockerel on top of the roof area?
Yeah there is - it was above me. I filmed it rather than took a picture (not one to be taking pics not stop) but the files too big to upload!

Wasn’t there meant to be a giant cockerel on top of the roof area?
It's there, well a scaled up replica which has every scratch and dent, even the one Gascoigne made with an air rifle. It's facing east so that the left wing faces the pitch, which given it's in the south stand not the east stand it is one quarter turn to the right.

The originals are in the museum, and the players tunnel.

Zoom

Carefree
Dec 16, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
It's there, well a scaled up replica which has every scratch and dent, even the one Gascoigne made with an air rifle. It's facing east so that the left wing faces the pitch, which given it's in the south stand not the east stand it is one quarter turn to the right.

Incredible attention to detail. Must admit the new stadium looks fantastic. Might have to have a look when I go to London next.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg

Must've been a big job to raise that giant utensil up on the roof.

Incredible attention to detail. Must admit the new stadium looks fantastic. Might have to have a look when I go to London next.
Staggering how much they've tried to make it like home. From a spot marked where the old centre spot was, to having Bill Nich's ashes re-interred, to using bricks from the Old Shelf Side as feature walls in some of the bars, and even using the rubble from the old place mixed in the aggregate of the new concourse floors.

They've done such a good job that even JD has praised Levy.
A pre-easter miracle.

WealstoneRaider

Cancelled
Apr 8, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Staggering how much they've tried to make it like home. From a spot marked where the old centre spot was, to having Bill Nich's ashes re-interred, to using bricks from the Old Shelf Side as feature walls in some of the bars, and even using the rubble from the old place mixed in the aggregate of the new concourse floors.

They've done such a good job that even JD has praised Levy.
A pre-easter miracle.
Just another reason why we are the world’s greatest football club and all others are mere pretenders.

Incredible to think we nearly ended up buying the London stadium - although I believe the thinking there was to knock it down and build something new.

Back