Top 4

kiwicrow

Team Captain
Jun 9, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Chelsea
Geelong peaking too early, way too much season to go to say they have the flag locked up, they'll be in the mix, with pies, eagles and crows, GWS also if they can learn to win away from home, season is still wide open.

Yeah, totally.
It's just like 2011 Collingwood and 2018 Tigers all over again.
So dominant.
Can't possibly lose!
Of course anything can happen between now and September. You won't see me making any predictions about Geelong. What I will say is that Collingwood in 2011 was arguably "de-railed" by Mick Malthouse, AND in 2011 one team had the wood all over Collingwood throughout the year - Geelong. In 2018 Richmond's manic football was worked out by September

Of course anything can happen between now and September. You won't see me making any predictions about Geelong. What I will say is that Collingwood in 2011 was arguably "de-railed" by Mick Malthouse, AND in 2011 one team had the wood all over Collingwood throughout the year - Geelong. In 2018 Richmond's manic football was worked out by September

Geelong deserve short price favoritism. The only thing that can derail them is injuries, and not one or two, but several and to key players. If Tom Stewart or Blicavs went down, that would be a massive loss. Can say it for any team I suppose, but the Cats defence is the real area of strength.

Also against collingwood, if Stanley doesn't stay sound, he rarely does, Grundy may be a difference maker.

I think Adelaide, Collingwood and West Coast will round out the top 4. Giants need Whitfield and Greene back to top form and also need Taranto and Hopper to keep up their unbelievable form for young players.

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
Top 4-

Geelong.
West Coast.
GWS.
Collingwood.

Geelong to play away from GMQHBLTA Stadium in the finals and go out in straight sets, beaten by the Pies in week 1 and the Tigers in week 2.

The players go on holidays, Chris Scott sacked, Brad Scott replaces him and the players are none the wiser when they get back.

Bazza97

Premiership Player
Nov 17, 2016
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
1. Geelong
2. Collingwood
3. GWS
4. Adelaide

I have Geelong and Collingwood maintaining their top 2 positions, GWS I'm confident will finish top 4 and could potentially sneak in a top 2 spot. I found it hard separating Adelaide and West Coast for the last spot, but I have a feeling the Crows will nab it and will finish the rest of the H&A season strongly. I have Richmond rounding out my top 6 and I reckon they could get close to top 4 but I don't see them doing enough to make it.

4THAWN

Club Legend
Mar 25, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Geelong - lock
Pies - lock
West Coast - my fave to make top 4 outside of geelong/collingwood. Need to get a decent ruck situation sorted.
GWS - having an odd season, have shown they are very capable but continue to lose games pretty consistently. If they lose this week, I'd swap them out for adelaide.

Coaster2012

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 10, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Manchester City, Lakers
Geelong - lock
Pies - lock
West Coast - my fave to make top 4 outside of geelong/collingwood. Need to get a decent ruck situation sorted.
GWS - having an odd season, have shown they are very capable but continue to lose games pretty consistently. If they lose this week, I'd swap them out for adelaide.

NN says hi.

Coaster2012

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 10, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Manchester City, Lakers
1. Geelong
2. Collingwood
3. GWS
4. Adelaide

I have Geelong and Collingwood maintaining their top 2 positions, GWS I'm confident will finish top 4 and could potentially sneak in a top 2 spot. I found it hard separating Adelaide and West Coast for the last spot, but I have a feeling the Crows will nab it and will finish the rest of the H&A season strongly. I have Richmond rounding out my top 6 and I reckon they could get close to top 4 but I don't see them doing enough to make it.

WC statistically had the hardest fixture before the bye in the comp, having played every top 8 side except Richmond (a fact missed on some). We have an easy run home now.

Last edited:

Coaster2012

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 10, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Manchester City, Lakers
Done his 2nd ACL July 14 2018. Im not trying to be pessimistic but I honestly don't know if he'll ever return to being a really good player

He came back from his 1st just as good as he's ever been, so don't know why that will suddenly change and he won't be a good player. To say he won't make our ruck department good on his return is just being ignorant.

4THAWN

Club Legend
Mar 25, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
He came back from his 1st just as good as he's ever been, so don't know why that will suddenly change and he won't be a good player. To say he won't make our ruck department good on his return is just being ignorant.

I just wouldn't expect big things from him, at least not this season. If he gets back to form then thats a huge bonus. But thats just not what I would expect.

Coaster2012

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 10, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Manchester City, Lakers
I just wouldn't expect big things from him, at least not this season. If he gets back to form then thats a huge bonus. But thats just not what I would expect.

Yes but you were saying WC need to get their ruck department sorted. NN coming back is that being sorted, he may not be his AA best, but to say it's not going to have an impact is just missing the mark. Every time he plays WC have been better statistically, even not at his best.

Bazza97

Premiership Player
Nov 17, 2016
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
WC statistically had the hardest fixture before the bye in the comp, having played every top 8 side except Richmond (a fact missed on some). We have an easy run home now.
I think West Coast and Adelaide both have pretty favourable runs home (reckon West Coast's is a little bit more favourable). West Coast do have one more win than the Crows right now so that could be the difference in the end. I reckon it will be very close between those two teams so it will be interesting to see how both of these teams fare respectively for the rest of the season. They also play against each other in round 21 in Perth which I think is going to be one of the more interesting games late in the season.

Last edited:

Hobbes

Club Legend
Jul 20, 2006
Oxfordshire, UK
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg
3 guarenteed losses Geelong, Wesdt Coast and Pies.. and no doubt we will do what we usually do and lose a couple of games we shoud win..
im tipping a 13-9 finish for the crows.. 6th.

Even if Collingwood is a better team than Adelaide, we play them at home - it’s hardly a guaranteed loss. Adelaide might well start favourites.

May 20, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Geelong deserve short price favoritism. The only thing that can derail them is injuries, and not one or two, but several and to key players. If Tom Stewart or Blicavs went down, that would be a massive loss. Can say it for any team I suppose, but the Cats defence is the real area of strength.

Also against collingwood, if Stanley doesn't stay sound, he rarely does, Grundy may be a difference maker.

I think Adelaide, Collingwood and West Coast will round out the top 4. Giants need Whitfield and Greene back to top form and also need Taranto and Hopper to keep up their unbelievable form for young players.

I don't think backline injuries would cripple us. Kolo and Henry stood up and played KPP when we had injuries last year plus we have Bews in the VFL and Henderson will be back to the VFL soon so we would have options. Inferior options but not season over predicament.

Stanley, Hawkins, Danger and Kelly would be more important to stay fit than any defender I reckon. Stewart probably a close 5th.

May 5, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
We have Barrass, Naitanui (long term) Yeo, Hurn (short term) currently out of the side and Rioli going out next week.

If we can get a decent run of games into these guys heading towards finals we should be able to head into September in good form, but we're going to need to win 8 or 9 from 10 to finish top 2 so it's possible while in form we finish 3rd/4th or lower.

4THAWN

Club Legend
Mar 25, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Yes but you were saying WC need to get their ruck department sorted. NN coming back is that being sorted, he may not be his AA best, but to say it's not going to have an impact is just missing the mark. Every time he plays WC have been better statistically, even not at his best.
NN coming back helps, but doesn't just automatically sort out any ruck difficulties/troubles you've been having yet. If he comes back with good impact, and this allows West Coast to release Hickey as a second ruckman with good impact, then yes thats when I'd say the ruck department has been sorted.

Macpotata

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
Everyone right on GWS and they just got beaten by Adelaide who West Coast came back from 33 points down against. The Eagles haven't beaten Sydney at the SCG for 20 years and lost there last year after winning 10 straight. I understand their jekyll and hyde form, but the Giants beat the bottom 3 before losing to the Crows and before that lost the Hawks. Smashed by WCE and well beaten at home to Freo.

Eagles>>>GWS so far. That could very well change but until it does I'm not sold on the Giants. And on the West Coast for that matter, they better get their s**t together and ought to stop reading their own press.

Back