Top 4

Remove this Banner Ad

If the Crows beat Richmond, missing three of their best 4 players, at home then I can't see how Richmond can possibly make 4th. Losing further ground on a top 4 contender, their % is in an almost unrecoverable position so they would need to go 7-2 wins in all likelihood, and that might not be enough.

Win against the odds tomorrow and they're in with a shot but they'll have to do it the hard way, albeit at home the whole time.

Their run home:
Crows away
BYE
Saints Marvel
Suns away
GWS MCG
Port MCG
Pies MCG
Dees MCG
Blues MCG
Eagles MCG
Lions MCG

FMD 7 straight games at the GF venue leading into finals - No doubt Collingwood looks similar (haven't checked ) but in those 7 weeks there is the same exposure to the GF venue as Adelaide has had in 3 seasons (over 66 weeks)

It's a farce

FMD 7 straight games at the GF venue leading into finals - No doubt Collingwood looks similar (haven't checked ) but in those 7 weeks there is the same exposure to the GF venue as Adelaide has had in 3 seasons (over 66 weeks)

It's a farce
I think WC only played at the G once last year prior to the GF. They seemed to go ok. I know they changed their home ground dimensions.

Other than Geelong everyone else has plenty of work to do and are far from locks.

I'm starting to like Adelaide as a dark horse option. I've always believed Collingwood will make it.

GWS should make it but I dunno they always rack up injuries like they are going out of style so you have to watch and wait with them.

West Coast have been hot and cold all year. Will be interesting to see how they go when Naitanui returns.

Richmond were looking good but some heavy losses are denting confidence in them. They are carrying lots of injuries too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FMD 7 straight games at the GF venue leading into finals - No doubt Collingwood looks similar (haven't checked )

If I had a dollar for every time someone sounded off about Collingwood’s fixture who hadn’t even looked at it...

We have the same number of interstate trips in the last 7 games as West Coast, so no.

3 guarenteed losses Geelong, Wesdt Coast and Pies.. and no doubt we will do what we usually do and lose a couple of games we shoud win..
im tipping a 13-9 finish for the crows.. 6th.

Think we can beat the eagles but real tough. Pies is 20-80 as theyve shown to drop the ball. Cats is 100% lose

If I had a dollar for every time someone sounded off about Collingwood’s fixture who hadn’t even looked at it...

We have the same number of interstate trips in the last 7 games as West Coast, so no.
You already had your run though. 9 games in 12 rounds at the MCG.

You already had your run though. 9 games in 12 rounds at the MCG.

I'm not complaining about the draw, just pointing out we've not been given any undue advantage in the run in to the finals.

At the moment I am thinking it may be as follows:

1. Geelong 20-2
2. Collingwood 16-6
3. Adelaide 15-7
4. West Coast 15-7
————————————
5. GWS 14-8

GWS have a great percentage, but I don’t know if they can win enough of the away games to make the top 4. The big game for them is this week’s game against North Melbourne because I have them losing that. If they can go at least 2/3 out of the North Melbourne game at Blundstone and Essendon or Richmond games at Marvel and MCG respectively, then I’d have them finishing 3rd and West Coast finishing 5th.

These 5 are my contenders for the top 4. I usually suck at these ladders so I may be wrong and another team I didn’t mention could end up there.

You have Geelong losing another game. Interesting.

Didn't see the GWS vs Geelong game, but what did GWS do to beat them, in Geelong no less? What is the chink in their armour, if any? Wonder if GWS might be a danger side, they've had some close ones lately. Regardless of position if they meet in the finals they could trouble the Cats.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back