Top 4?

Nov 11, 2010
Punt Rd End
AFL Club
Richmond
So, it seems like our best chances of making top 4 this year is for West Coast to lose against the Dogs tomorrow or we beat Geelong. The likelihood of Brisbane, Port or Geelong (other than against us) losing another game is slim.

I have real concerns about beating the Cats with so many of our first choice midfielders out. We saw what happened against Freo who, like Geelong, are a strong contested team. Cats have a far stronger forward line and would destroy us if they won a similar amount of contested ball. Without Edwards and Prestia in the middle, we are vulnerable.

What do you think our chances of making Top 4 are?

Goshaa

🏆🏆
Jul 8, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
So, it seems like our best chances of making top 4 this year is for West Coast to lose against the Dogs tomorrow or we beat Geelong. The likelihood of Brisbane, Port or Geelong (other than against us) losing another game is slim.

I have real concerns about beating the Cats with so many of our first choice midfielders out. We saw what happened against Freo who, like Geelong, are a strong contested team. Cats have a far stronger forward line and would destroy us if they won a similar amount of contested ball. Without Edwards and Prestia in the middle, we are vulnerable.

Wouldn’t read too much into the Freo game. We didn’t want to be there and did the bare minimum to get the four points as percentage is a non factor. Geelong had a similar game against Adelaide and struggled to put them away until the end of the game. Good teams can play like absolute s**t but still manage to get the four points. That’s the difference between the best sides in the comp and everyone else.

We took care of the Eagles midfield pretty easily and they had Nic Nat feeding guys like Gaff, Shuey and Kelly. I’m not confident we will beat Geelong but we will be up for the fight. Grimes and Lambert are two huge inclusions. I wonder if Dimma rolls the dice on someone like RCD to help with clearances. We’ve been debuting players in big games recently.

It will be a massive game. I don’t think we can win the flag from outside the top four.

Serenity_Now

Club Legend
Oct 7, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Philadelphia 76ers
Even if west coast lost to the dogs we’d have to win out to make the 4. If Geelong beats us we’d need west coast to drop 2 games.

I think Geelong will beat us and we probably finish 5th

JR82

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 13, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
hate them all

Beat the Cats & Crows game should take care of itself & we'll make the 4 no matter what WCE do

We play the Cats at Metricon 5 days after they play the Bombers at the Gabba. I think we're a great chance to win it... like already mentioned, we tend to show up for these "big boy" games.

Hopefully the Bombers turn up and make them run the game out, ie: don't give them an opportunity to rest a few late.

Hounddd

Club Legend
Sep 22, 2012
🏆🏆🏆
AFL Club
Richmond

Our depleted midfield seemed to cope pretty well with West Coast's. We can certainly match Geelong's.

What happened with Fremantle had more to do with how poorly we played.

Nov 11, 2010
Punt Rd End
AFL Club
Richmond
I used the ladder predictor and we will still make the top 4 if we lose to Geelong BUT West Coast loses to the Dogs. Finishing fourth will pit us against Port in Adelaide - this would be a tough ask but so would finishing 5th and playing a team such as Collingwood in an elimination.

The Geelong game is really an elimation final for us in many ways.

Genghis Tron

HBF
Koala Light vs Dark Charity Match Gumbies FFC - Sweet F.A.
Apr 6, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
The Void
Too 4.

Need to get in the ears of Towner and Caracella and ask them to go the man over the ball against the cats. Make them sore for us.

Mar 9, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
I used the ladder predictor and we will still make the top 4 if we lose to Geelong BUT West Coast loses to the Dogs. Finishing fourth will pit us against Port in Adelaide - this would be a tough ask but so would finishing 5th and playing a team such as Collingwood in an elimination.

The Geelong game is really an elimation final for us in many ways.
Nah if we lose to geelong, west coast need to lose 2 games for us to finish top 4.

Mar 9, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
To finish 3rd we need to win our last 2 and West Coast need to lose 2.

To finish 4th we just need to win our 2 games.

The inability of Jack to kick the ball barely 30 m to score even a point against the Maggots is biting us now.
if we win both our games west coast only need to lose 1 for us to finish 3rd.

Back