Autopsy Top 5 goals of all time ( drunk version )

Remove this Banner Ad

From that same Wonna v Fremantle game.

That was the goal that really got the comeback going. I was at that game and definitely one of my all time favourite Dees matches - we were so garbage back then that every win really mattered. Thought about leaving at HT but for some reason stuck around. Never heard a louder crowd of 19,000 people.

Davey doing it all himself and a fantastic call "this will bring the roof down and it's not the dome!"

<3

Jeff Farmer v Hawthorn at Waverly in about 98ish

I especially like this because I was there. Growing up in the western suburbs it was the only time I ever caught public transport out to Waverly and it was a ******* almost 2 hour trip. My mate and I were in high school caught a bus to Footscray station, then a train to the city, then another train out to some station I have never been to again in my life and then another bus to the ground. It ******* pissed down rain that day and was freezing cold, we got absolutely drenched sitting on the s**t wooden seats at the ground

Dees belted Hawthorn that day

Farmer kicked that unreal ******* goal

Then Farmer belted Crawford and got suspended

Great times

Then we had to treck a couple of hours home

Any one remember the one where Jeff Farmer was playing one of his first gams and took a mark on the edge of the goal square, instead of kicking the goal he handballed over the top to Garry Lyon who didn't expect it and he only just kicked the goal. Garry wasn't impressed

Last edited:

I especially like this because I was there. Growing up in the western suburbs it was the only time I ever caught public transport out to Waverly and it was a ******* almost 2 hour trip. My mate and I were in high school caught a bus to Footscray station, then a train to the city, then another train out to some station I have never been to again in my life and then another bus to the ground. It ******* pissed down rain that day and was freezing cold, we got absolutely drenched sitting on the sh*t wooden seats at the ground

Great times

My old man said his first trip to Waverley Park. He thought it was close to Glen Waverley station. It pissed down rain all day or at least to and from the ground which is a 90 minute walk. It's a shame that they never had a train line down there.

I especially like this because I was there. Growing up in the western suburbs it was the only time I ever caught public transport out to Waverly and it was a ******* almost 2 hour trip. My mate and I were in high school caught a bus to Footscray station, then a train to the city, then another train out to some station I have never been to again in my life and then another bus to the ground. It ******* pissed down rain that day and was freezing cold, we got absolutely drenched sitting on the sh*t wooden seats at the ground

Great times

I don't understand the public planning process that went into building Waverley. Seemed like a stadium that was built specifically with driving in mind which is probably the least popular way to get to the footy, half an hour out of the cbd with good traffic then it just so happened to be in a hotspot for the worst weather in the city. No wonder no one ever wanted to go there.

I forgot one
Trent Rivers match winner Vs GWS 2020

I don't understand the public planning process that went into building Waverley. Seemed like a stadium that was built specifically with driving in mind which is probably the least popular way to get to the footy, half an hour out of the cbd with good traffic then it just so happened to be in a hotspot for the worst weather in the city. No wonder no one ever wanted to go there.
Waverly was planned to be a 150000 stadium with a train line or tram line down the freeway to the ground . Once they shelved the rail line the stadium never progressed past the first stage. Think the mcc and politics all had a hand it as well .

Waverly was planned to be a 150000 stadium with a train line or tram line down the freeway to the ground . Once they shelved the rail line the stadium never progressed past the first stage. Think the mcc and politics all had a hand it as well .

150k seat stadium is very ambitous. Anyway you'd probably want to build the public transport first in future.

150k seat stadium is very ambitous. Anyway you'd probably want to build the public transport first in future.
It was very ambitious. Still I saw David Bowie out there so there was that . Don’t believe another stadium will be built in Victoria anyway now .

My old man said his first trip to Waverley Park. He thought it was close to Glen Waverley station. It pissed down rain all day or at least to and from the ground which is a 90 minute walk. It's a shame that they never had a train line down there.
I remember it taking hours to get out of that car park after a game too

My old man would be losing his s**t

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great times

Mate I lived about 30 minutes from Waverley and I hated going to the friggin' joint, even watching World Series Cricket was a pain, although that was great cricket.

Lyon’s snap to win the 1988 Elimination Final at Waverley vs West Coast.

Never heard a collective roar like it from the Demons faithful before or since.

Spot on mate, when Sir Kenneth Luke thought he could limit the "control" the MCC had over the VFL, ie, revenue the idea started, but when the Gov't of the day reneged on building a rail line out to the stadium it was always going to die.

Some I remember that haven't been mentioned yet.

This one from 1989, the first season I followed AFL. I had this match taped on VHS and must have watched it 100 times, and I'll always remember this goal:

This bicycle kick from Allen Jackovich. Surprised it hasn't been mentioned yet:

Which reminded me of this goal:

Which reminded me of this goal:

And more recently, I've always felt like this goal has been criminally underrated. In terms of difficulty, perhaps the best Melbourne goal I've ever seen:

Jakovich bicycle kick vs Nth at the G
Hunt torp vs Adelaide in the Alice
Farmer torp on the run vs Hawthorn after starting the possession chain at half back at Waverley
Leoncelli from Schwarz vs the crows to win the game at football park
Adem Yze's checkside vs Freo from the forward pocket at the G that defied logic

Gawn v Geelong 2021
Watts vs Collingwood 2017
Hannan v Geelong 2018
Travis Johnstone vs Adelaide 2002 semi
Allen Jakovich vs Collingwood 1993 (any of the 9!)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back