Movie Top 5 Most Overrated Films

Remove this Banner Ad

Do people keep saying Shawshank Redemption just because it's always been in the top 2 or 3 on the IMDB list?

Yes. And everything on the IMdb top 250 is overrated.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

mad max fury road. not the work of art claimed. when i think back, i mostly remember the awful 'you're supposed to feel something now' music, and the hilarious brewing romance between nux and whoever it was. find it a bit bemusing that feminists latched on to it (ditto the claims of misandry or whatever against it).

saving private ryan

mad max fury road. not the work of art claimed. when i think back, i mostly remember the awful 'you're supposed to feel something now' music, and the hilarious brewing romance between nux and whoever it was. find it a bit bemusing that feminists latched on to it (ditto the claims of misandry or whatever against it).

saving private ryan
Only seen it once but surprisingly for a Miller film the way it's directed annoyed me. It's just flat out the whole way through with a ridiculous amount of quick cuts and sped up footage, it's quite hard to even tell what's going on half the time. Must have cost an absolute fortune to make, I reckon he could have made one with more thought that cost half as much but was twice as good.

I love Saving Private Ryan but it does have a lot of cheesy yank sentiment and a fair bit of suspension of disbelief for a war film.

In no order

Saving Private Ryan
Pulp Fiction
Fight Club
American History X
anything by Jean Luc Godard

to a lesser degree, I like Goodfellas & Mad Max 2, but both are a little overpraised imo.

With you on Godard.

Breathless. Literally a guy shoots a cop in a haphazzardly edited movie shot on real locations and everyone loses their collective minds.

The Star Wars McFranchise absolutely owns this topic. What utter, utter boring rubbish. If you were 6 years old I could understand, but adults, just dont breed.
Rogue One was such a cliche, boring, poorly written and acted film.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back