Movie Top 5 Most Overrated Films

Remove this Banner Ad

Lord of the Rings owns this thread. Agree on Kill Bill too (particularly the first film).

Surprised people are putting films like Pulp Fiction, Fight Club and Shawshank Redemption on this list. It's one thing to not like a popular film, another to think it's overrated. For example, I don't much care for mob films, so don't rate Goodfellas or the Sopranos on TV, but it's obvious they are well made and I can see why others rate them.

Lord of the Rings owns this thread. Agree on Kill Bill too (particularly the first film).

Surprised people are putting films like Pulp Fiction, Fight Club and Shawshank Redemption on this list. It's one thing to not like a popular film, another to think it's overrated. For example, I don't much care for mob films, so don't rate Goodfellas or the Sopranos on TV, but it's obvious they are well made and I can see why others rate them.

So why can't you see how well made LOTR or Kill Bill is despite not rating them?

The Godfather Part II (irks me that this is considered on par with the original, ridiculously overlong yet doesn’t have the cohesive narrative of the first to back it up, disjointed. Lacks Brando)
The Shawshank Redemption (something has to be number 1 on imdb, but it shouldn’t be this. Also what is it with every footballer / sports person listing this as their favourite movie?)
Chinatown (was expecting a complex mystery tale, got something pretty uneventful and boring. Jack Nicholson was great though)
Inception (to quote Sharon from South Park “just because something is complex doesn’t make it cool”)
Leon: The Professional (enjoyable, but a pretty run of the mill action flick)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back