Other Teams
Dillon Panthers
So far. . .

1. Sex Education - Season 1
2. Chernobyl
3. Fleabag - Season 2
4. Killing Eve - Season 2
5. Barry - Season 2

Can’t wait for Mindhunter - Season 2 out later this week.

Game Of Thrones - Season 8 definitely the biggest disappointment of 2019

Bumping yet another top-something-thread so I can share my top 10 shows of the year! Been a good one.

1. CHERNOBYL (HBO). Superb tv. Show of the year.

2. RICK AND MORTY. The comic geniuses Roiland and Harmon have done it again.

3. FLEABAG (AMAZON). Deserves its accolades. Phoebe Waller-Bridge is just brilliant and I love the 4th wall stuff. Probably not what ppl expect when they watch it given she just talks about anal sex the whole first ep😂. Season 2 was excellent.

4. THE OA (NETFLIX). After a bizarre and slow first season the second was a masterpiece, the parallel universe plot falling into place like a jigsaw with an incredible finale. Tragically cancelled by Netflix. Hoping someone else picks it up.

5. THE BOYS (AMAZON). Avengers meets Reservoir Dogs, such a cracking show.

6. THE CROWN (NETFLIX). Some eps were better than others but it’s such a quality show, the new cast did great I thought particularly Charles.

7. THE GRAND TOUR (AMAZON). Not just the best GT season yet, but IMO better than any Top Gear season as they removed the last of the crappy segments of their format and just focused on the good stuff.

8. DARK (NETFLIX). This baffling, ominous, German time travel drama goes from strength to strength, somehow making one plot move forward on multiple timelines.

9. UMBRELLA ACADEMY (NETFLIX). My top 8 are a class above anything else I’ve watched this year but to round it out I liked this show more than expected.

10. RUSSIAN DOLL (NETFLIX). People either like or hate this Groundhog Day type show in New York, I liked it.

atlas1

Cancelled
Harry Potter Fan A Star Wars Fan
Nov 6, 2016
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Mr Robot, Mindhunter, Mandalorian, Silicon Valley, Witcher

Last edited:

crafty_bernardo

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 5, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Revision

1. Succession
2. The Boys
3. Witcher
4. Euphoria
5. Fleabag (season 2)

SM: The Mandalorian, The Crown, Watchmen

Pedantic

Club Legend
Jun 7, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
1. Succession
2. For All Mankind
3. Mr Inbetween
4. The Witcher
5. State of the Union

HM: Silicon Valley and Veep (both great shows at their peak and had some of that brilliance in their final seasons)

Bomberboyokay

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Was waiting for someone to mention Succession. Quite easily the best season of the year and highly underrated.

"highly underrated"? Succession is a critical darling. The silence is disinterest in an ongoing comedy-drama.

crafty_bernardo

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 5, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I think outside of a minor internet audience and critics, the wider audience have yet to watch it. I know no one and have tried to get people on the show to no avail. So I personally see it underrated.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bomberboyokay

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Looking for Alaska flew under the radar (compared to Succession which had plenty of attention). Quality teen drama miniseries with an ending. Swear words and sex scenes.

looking-alaska-official-poster-01.jpg

Last edited:
Back