Opinion Top 50 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

From Melb (30) v WCE (123):
5. Shuey - Great to see Shuey back in form. Had 30 disposals (10 contested), 9 marks, 6 clearances and 2 goals. Really broke the lines with some pace and wasn't brain farting as much as the other mids on the ground.
4. Rosa - A great follow up game by Rosa. Was good linking up and also laid some good tackles. Had 31 disposals, 4 bounces, 9 i50s and a goal.
3. Masten - Some so-so decisions from Masten didn't mar what was still a great game. Had 25 disposals @ 88% efficiency, 3 clearances, 5 tackles and 2 goals.
2. Kennedy - A good game from Kennedy who was one of the few players on stiff competition for the day. Took 6 marks, laid 6 tackles, had 3 i50s and kicked 4 goals.
1. Mackenzie - It may, on paper, look like an easy game for Mackenzie. However, he still managed to hurt Melbourne the other way. Had 13 disposals, 5 marks, 3 rebounds from the back 50, 4 1%ers and kicked a goal.

Honourable Mentions - Naitanui, Jones, Darling, Gaff, Ellis, Brown

Top 10 Round 2:
1. Nick Riewoldt
2. Cale Hooker
3. Dayne Zorko
4. Joel Selwood
5. Nat Fyfe
6. Michael Barlow
7. Matt Rosa
8. Callan Ward
9. Shaun Burgoyne
10. Aaron Sandilands

Apologies: Cornes, Watson, Mumford, Mackenzie, Pendlebury, Chapman

Top 20 Round 3:
1. Joel Selwood
2. Shane Mumford
3. Callan Ward
4. Gary Ablett
5. Nick Riewoldt
6. Paul Chapman
7. Dion Prestia
8. Cale Hooker
9. Brad Hill
10. Eric Mackenzie
11. Adam Treloar
12. David Swallow
13. Matt Rosa
14. Dayne Zorko
15. Shaun Burgoyne
16. Jackson Macrae
17. Luke Breust
18. Jack Darling
19. Stephen Hill
20. Dyson Heppell

Apologies: Sandilands, Fyfe, Barlow, Pendlebury, Watson, Goddard, Kelly, Harvey

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So Rockliff is behind Zorko? What?

Apologies to Fyfe and Barlow who didnt even play?

Yes, I am of the opinion that Zorko has been your best player in the first three games.
Admittedly I thought Rockliff was better this week but Zorko kept you in rounds 1 & 2 and was superb.
Apologies mean players 21 and on. Fyfe and Barlow slide down the list because they have missed 1/3 of the season.
Missing 1-4 games in the grand scheme of things won't be penalised, but this early in the season it does make a difference in the rankings.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back