Remove this Banner Ad

Geel v Rich:
5. Johnson
4. Taylor
3. Stokes
2. Conca
1. Jackson

HM: Bartel, Kelly, Duncan, Vlastuin, Murdoch, Deledio
I think that you are being too hard on a young player called David Astbury. Kept Hawkins goalless which has only been achieved 5 times since the 2011 finals series. He has been smashing most of the top line KPFs this year with only Brown beating him in his 250th. He would have to be one of the best KPDs going around at the moment and he is hardly getting a mention here.

I think that you are being too hard on a young player called David Astbury. Kept Hawkins goalless which has only been achieved 5 times since the 2011 finals series. He has been smashing most of the top line KPFs this year with only Brown beating him in his 250th. He would have to be one of the best KPDs going around at the moment and he is hardly getting a mention here.

I take your point that there is an argument that he ought to be in the HMs for the Geelong game.
But just because he hardly gets a mention on here it doesn't mean I'm ignoring him.
He's been mentioned in the Hawthorn and Collingwood games.
I think the consensus is that his games vs Brisbane and Bulldogs weren't worth being in Richmond's best.
I didn't put votes up for Carl v Rich as I still maintain it was the worst game of the year, but I am well aware that he played well in that game and that factors into my top 50.
Finally the GC game. As far as I recall he was somewhere between 10-15 on the ground that night.
Certainly I acknowledged that he had a reasonable game but it is not surprising that he hasn't been listed.
So outside of the Geelong game, which is debatable whether he fell as your 3rd best player or your 7th best player are there any other games that I've misjudged him in?

I take your point that there is an argument that he ought to be in the HMs for the Geelong game.
But just because he hardly gets a mention on here it doesn't mean I'm ignoring him.
He's been mentioned in the Hawthorn and Collingwood games.
I think the consensus is that his games vs Brisbane and Bulldogs weren't worth being in Richmond's best.
I didn't put votes up for Carl v Rich as I still maintain it was the worst game of the year, but I am well aware that he played well in that game and that factors into my top 50.
Finally the GC game. As far as I recall he was somewhere between 10-15 on the ground that night.
Certainly I acknowledged that he had a reasonable game but it is not surprising that he hasn't been listed.
So outside of the Geelong game, which is debatable whether he fell as your 3rd best player or your 7th best player are there any other games that I've misjudged him in?
I agree with your decisions of him not being listed in the Bris, Bulldogs and GC games but it's the fact that you put him last in your honourable mentions against Hawks, second last against Pies, not even getting a mention against Cats and then ignoring his game against Carlton is what I mean as being hard on him. If you are not putting your HMs in any order (which to the ignorant eye, seems as though you do) then I don't have an issue other than the Geel game.

So at any stage are we going to see a list of the top 50?

Yep, finally got around to a list after all the byes.
Here's the top 50, as it is the first for the year I'm happy to hear people's opinions concerning what they consider inaccuracies.
Top50-round-11.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What about Jack Reiwoldt he's played 2 good games?
Bruest and Burgoyne would be leading the Hawks B&F, Hill has been good but not as good as Breust.

Thanks, I will drop Hill down the list a bit next week.
Regarding Riewoldt, I thought long and hard as to whether a 2nd key forward needed to be included in my list.
I've been charged with being very un-KPF in previous top 50s. Obviously this year hasn't been very productive for many forwards.
Unfortunately, while considering players like Shultz and Hawkins I just couldn't justify putting them in over Riewoldt.
Jack Riewoldt - 13.1 disposals; 6.3 marks; 1.5 contested marks; 0.5 goal assists; 2.5 tackles and 3.1 goals
Tom Hawkin - 11.2 disposals; 5.9 marks; 1.7 contested marks; 0.7 goal assists; 1.1 tackles and 2.8 goals
Jay Shultz - 11.4 disposals; 5.7 marks; 1.7 contested marks; 0.6 goal assists; 2.3 tackles and 2.8 goals

So my only option seems to be to include Riewoldt as the second KPF in the top 50, or omit him from the top 50 and have Nick Riewoldt as the only genuine KPF on my list.

good to see cunners getting the recognition he deserves. top 20 is a great achievement. hopefully he stays there

Thanks, I will drop Hill down the list a bit next week.
Regarding Riewoldt, I thought long and hard as to whether a 2nd key forward needed to be included in my list.
I've been charged with being very un-KPF in previous top 50s. Obviously this year hasn't been very productive for many forwards.
Unfortunately, while considering players like Shultz and Hawkins I just couldn't justify putting them in over Riewoldt.
Jack Riewoldt - 13.1 disposals; 6.3 marks; 1.5 contested marks; 0.5 goal assists; 2.5 tackles and 3.1 goals
Tom Hawkin - 11.2 disposals; 5.9 marks; 1.7 contested marks; 0.7 goal assists; 1.1 tackles and 2.8 goals
Jay Shultz - 11.4 disposals; 5.7 marks; 1.7 contested marks; 0.6 goal assists; 2.3 tackles and 2.8 goals

So my only option seems to be to include Riewoldt as the second KPF in the top 50, or omit him from the top 50 and have Nick Riewoldt as the only genuine KPF on my list.
His stats are massively skewed by that GWS game. Take that game out and his average drops to 2.3 goals.

Hawkins has kicked 3+ goals on 8 occasions compared to Riewoldt's 4. Hawkins definitely ahead for mine.

surely boomer has to be in the top 50 now? having a unreal season

So you added him to the list because someone said you are "very un-KPF"? We both know he hasn't been that great in enough games.

Oh and EMac is the 14th best player this year?

Agree Hawkins needs to be in over Jack Riewoldt, it's not even close.

And while we are on Richmond players I think Martin is too low. Having a super season. Top 30 for mine.

On the whole though, great list. Love that you don't let players reputations influence you on where they place on this seasons form alone.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back