Opinion Top 50 my life

Remove this Banner Ad

You know i really do think I would enjoy having a beer with you and talking footy. Only rule would be you can't say one word about the Tiges šŸ‘

Great list. Some of those earlier lists had me banging my head on the floor. How can anyone regardless of age not list Matthews along with Farmer, Dunstall, Williams, Hart, Bartlett, Doull.

Personally I would rate Martin ahead of Pendlebury and Selwood but each to their own. I would also try to find a slot for Robert Harvey. He along with Peter Daicos was one of my all time favourite players.

Excellent list.

And I would happily shout that beer

Ablett Snr

then

D. Jarman
T. Modra

M. Voss
J.Akermanis

S.Silvagni
G. Williams
B. Doull

P. Moore
N. Buckley
P. Daicos

S.Madden
J. Hird

G. Wilson
B. Quinlan

C. Grant
B. Lake

N. Fyfe

Ablett Jnr
M. Scarlett
S. Johnson
P. Chapman
C. Enright

S. May

P. Hudson
J. Dunstall
L. Matthews
D. Brereton
P. Knights
S. Mitchell
L. Granklin

R. Flower

D. Dench
W. Carey
R. Glendenning
M. Blight
G. Dempsey
K. Greig

W. Tredrea

K. Bartlett
A. Rance
D. Martin

T. Lockett
R. Harvey
N. Riewoldt

A. Goodes
P. Kelly

C. Judd
N. Naitanui
B. Cousins

At some stage I'll put the other 49 into some sort of an order, maybe.

Had to leave a few personal favourites out to keep it to 50.

Snr clear number one for me, 80s version in front of the 90s verdion.

Some of those 8 goals were kicked from a fair way out as well.
And Gazza took a huge pack mark that day at the Subi end of the ground that was far, far better than the "almost" one that always makes the top 50.

5 great players that haven't really copped a mention so far are Ross Glendinning, Super Boot Bernie, Gary Wilson, Paul Kelly and Robbie Flower.
And I know Gary Lyons cops a lot of flack on BF but he was a top-shelf footballer.
Too many to list really.

I have all of those 5 in my 50.

N. Naitanui
joker-now-we-are-talking.gif

Far better finals that year too. 27 goals in 4 finals.

But he had a cheat year. Got to play Richmond twice and avg'd 10 goals a game. He just loved playing Richmond.

It's why Dusty's 2017 is GOAT because he never got to play against Richmond.

My top 50 in my lifetime in order (just a bit of fun) will edit and adjust on arguments this is done in one take, close on 50 and will be Geelong bias (WARNING)

Ablett jnr
Voss
Ablett snr
Judd
Franklin
Carey
Lockett
Cox
R Harvey
Pavlich
Hird
Mcleod
Scarlett
Riccutio
Hocking
Silvagni
Bartel
Cousins
Fyfe
Black
Gawn
Goodes
Martin
J Selwood
S Johnson
B Johnson
Akermanis
J Cameron
Lloyd
J Brown
N Reiwoldt
A Rance
P Matera
T Hawkins
L Ball
S Crawford
C Rioli
Modra
C Enright
Bontompelli
B Fevola
Were you on meth during the 90's?

Were you on meth during the 90's?
No Bradley, No Kernahan, how about Mark Mercuri that guy was classy. Luke Ball or Mark Mercuri, if your answer is Luke Ball, you must not like Essendon.

The only top 50 list that no one could complain about would be if I decided to do one, but I can't be bothered.

Ablett Snr

then

D. Jarman
T. Modra

M. Voss
J.Akermanis

S.Silvagni
G. Williams
B. Doull

P. Moore
N. Buckley
P. Daicos

S.Madden
J. Hird

G. Wilson
B. Quinlan

C. Grant
B. Lake

N. Fyfe

Ablett Jnr
M. Scarlett
S. Johnson
P. Chapman
C. Enright

S. May

P. Hudson
J. Dunstall
L. Matthews
D. Brereton
P. Knights
S. Mitchell
L. Granklin

R. Flower

D. Dench
W. Carey
R. Glendenning
M. Blight
G. Dempsey
K. Greig

W. Tredrea

K. Bartlett
A. Rance
D. Martin

T. Lockett
R. Harvey
N. Riewoldt

A. Goodes
P. Kelly

C. Judd
N. Naitanui
B. Cousins

At some stage I'll put the other 49 into some sort of an order, maybe.

Had to leave a few personal favourites out to keep it to 50.

Snr clear number one for me, 80s version in front of the 90s verdion.
That's your problem in my opinion, I'd rather see peoples personal favourites than their attempt at a top 50, though your list is very fan friendly.

It's funny that with Dustin everyone talks stats, but then put players in their top 50 whose stats wouldn't measure up to many players that haven't made their lists.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's your problem in my opinion, I'd rather see peoples personal favourites than their attempt at a top 50, though your list is very fan friendly.

It's funny that with Dustin everyone talks stats, but then put players in their top 50 whose stats wouldn't measure up to many players that haven't made their lists.

That's your problem. The OP clearly asks for the top 50 in your lifetime and not your favourite 50. If it were the 50 favourites, Michael Roach is the only Tiger that would be in my list and then you'd be in here crying even harder.

Go and start your own thread, '50 Favourites in my life'.

That's your problem. The OP clearly asks for the top 50 in your lifetime and not your favourite 50. If it were the 50 favourites, Michael Roach is the only Tiger that would be in my list and then you'd be in here crying even harder.

Go and start your own thread, '50 Favourites in my life'.
I wouldn't be crying at all because it would be your list. So Michael Roach is one of your favourites, statiscally how does he measure up against Quinlan and Modra, I'd imagine he falls short?

I wouldn't be crying at all because it would be your list. So Michael Roach is one of your favourites, statiscally how does he measure up against Quinlan and Modra, I'd imagine he falls short?

Go on - do your own list.

Since you last posted that you 'can't be bothered', you spent an hour and a half on BigFooty. Pretty sure in that time you could have posted your 'top 50 list that no one could complain about'.

Wouldn't have a clue how he measures up against those two, why don't you tell us?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back