Opinion Top 50 my life

Remove this Banner Ad

OP managed that problem pretty well - and then went and put 7 cats from the 2011 premiership team on the list :rolleyes:
Remember though, it’s his/her list and winning three flags in 5 years after our history of grand finals, of course they are the best. 🤣

How to say you are a Millennial without saying you are a Millennial.

How to say you are an old fart without saying you are an old fart. Typical back in my day bloke. Bigfooty is full of them, can’t have reasonable discussions as they believe people pre ww2 are better than greats of the game today lol

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

anyone who doesn't include Wayne Carey in their top 5 is taking the urine. As much as I think he is a POS these days his ability on the footy field was ridiculous. I liken him to what LeBron James does in the NBA, watching Carey play was like watching a 25 year old man play football against a bunch of vickickers. Great at everything

How to say you are an old fart without saying you are an old fart. Typical back in my day bloke. Bigfooty is full of them, can’t have reasonable discussions as they believe people pre ww2 are better than greats of the game today lol

Reasonable discussion?

Anyone that posts something you don’t 100 per cent agree with the first thing you do is carry on like an infant and say they posted out of bias

Grow up and find something else to piss into the wind over

anyone who doesn't include Wayne Carey in their top 5 is taking the urine. As much as I think he is a POS these days his ability on the footy field was ridiculous. I liken him to what LeBron James does in the NBA, watching Carey play was like watching a 25 year old man play football against a bunch of vickickers. Great at everything
Yeah Carey/Ablett Snr are my 1 and 2. Bias only puts Ablett Snr at 1 for me.

Not sure how many people are currently on bigfooty who were watching players in the vfl before WW2 though…. Doing well if so.

Reasonable discussion?

Anyone that posts something you don’t 100 per cent agree with the first thing you do is carry on like an infant and say they posted out of bias

Grow up and find something else to piss into the wind over

Nope, not at all that’s actually you cause you abuse me and others in every post you make. That’s why I tried to be polite and say just my opinion, not good enough for you again. I’ve even put cats players at top 2/3. My list is pretty fair imo.

Not sure how many people are currently on bigfooty who were watching players in the vfl before WW2 though…. Doing well if so.

A guy put Skilton on the list. Pretty sure he isn’t that old to have seen him play live.

100% correct.

My Top 20 in order

1. Matthews
2. Ablett Snr
3. Carey
4. Farmer
5. Lockett
6. Ablett Jnr
7. Franklin
8. Dunstall
9. Jesaulenko
10 Williams
11 Doull
12 Hart
13 Skilton
14 Buckley
15 Judd
16 Bartlett
17 Voss
18 Hird
19 Daicos
20 Pendlebury / Selwood
How old are you, 90?

Nope, not at all that’s actually you cause you abuse me and others in every post you make. That’s why I tried to be polite and say just my opinion, not good enough for you again. I’ve even put cats players at top 2/3. My list is pretty fair imo.

No mate. I posted a list and your first reaction was to have a jerk over ‘Geelong bias’ presumably because I had your favourite player in with a group of 33-34 of the other best players across three decades of football.

So you got told what you can do.

Just realised I put Franklin in my list twice and Hodge as well. Put in Buckley who was simply an oversight and maybe Fletcher as someone suggested earlier. Or maybe Glenn Archer given how important he was to that club.

No mate. I posted a list and your first reaction was to have a jerk over ‘Geelong bias’ presumably because I had your favourite player in with a group of 33-34 of the other best players across three decades of football.

So you got told what you can do.

Is it a coincidence you are the other cats guy had him in a similar position?. I doubt him destroying you in 3 big finals doesn’t affect you. You would not be a footy fan if it didn’t. Believe what you want. It’s ok to question other people’s opinions too mate. I don’t abuse people like you though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is it a coincidence you are the other cats guy had him in a similar position?. I doubt him destroying you in 3 big finals doesn’t affect you. You would not be a footy fan if it didn’t. Believe what you want. It’s ok to question other people’s opinions too mate. I don’t abuse people like you though.

I didn’t have him in any position. I put him outside a group of players who I believe are a rung above the rest and then wrote the rest down in no particular order.

You’re so fixated on validation from other people you don’t even know what you’re arguing about.

Except for the two guys who reasonably replied and suggested Buckley and Fletcher could have gone in.

Only works when I do it.

Ok why would you say Dusty isn’t in then? Has he not achieved enough for you? Maybe a 4th norm would change your mind? Imo nothing he does will change you mind cause you are stuck in the past. Correct?

God, there are some nuf nufs on here, read the title it clearly says "my life", maybe he didn't watch enough of Dunstall or Carey to include them in his PERSONAL top 50 list, doesn't mean they wouldn't be in the top 10 or top 5 if the AFL released a list. OP never once said that his list should be taken as gospel, this isn't a decisive 100% correct list posted by the AFL, it's by someone trying to have a bit of fun with other footy followers.

I was born in 98, before I could even comprehend the game of football and tell who was good or bad the likes of Dunstall, Locket, Carey, and Ablett had all retired.

Last edited:
Can you please explain why Pendlebury and Selwood are better than Dusty?

I love Royce Hart and KB but no tigers supporter would put them above Dusty.

That is because modern Richmond fans have an unbelievable bias to Dusty. Dusty plays a lot of very ordinary football. People judge him on 3 or 4 seasons and 3 Games. Two of those were cherry pick games to be honest. Hart and Bartlett played far better football than Dusty for a lot longer period. Only 4 All Australians pretty much sums it up. Martin is a very limited player who has had impact on the game for a short period. Players like Selwood, Pendlebury and Bartlett very very rarely played a bad game over 350 plus games. Martin is one of the most over rated players in the history of the game.

Ok why would you say Dusty isn’t in then? Has he not achieved enough for you? Maybe a 4th norm would change your mind? Imo nothing he does will change you mind cause you are stuck in the past. Correct?

He’s not in that group of 13 players because I don’t think he’s in that group of 13 players who are all judged across their careers not just the games that you deem important.

I’ve literally got 7 current players in my list, accumulated over 33 seasons of watching football. In what way am I stuck in the past

Can you please make one post where you don’t accuse the person making it, of making their post based on some non-existent reason that you’ve invented.

My Top 20 in order

1. Matthews
2. Ablett Snr
3. Carey
4. Farmer
5. Lockett
6. Ablett Jnr
7. Franklin
8. Dunstall
9. Jesaulenko
10 Williams
11 Doull
12 Hart
13 Skilton
14 Buckley
15 Judd
16 Bartlett
17 Voss
18 Hird
19 Daicos
20 Pendlebury / Selwood

Should have had Peter Hudson in as well. A bad oversight

If it was a finals only list, I’d assume he’d have to be number 1 on anyones list.

That is because modern Richmond fans have an unbelievable bias to Dusty. Dusty plays a lot of very ordinary football. People judge him on 3 or 4 seasons and 3 Games. Two of those were cherry pick games to be honest. Hart and Bartlett played far better football than Dusty for a lot longer period. Only 4 All Australians pretty much sums it up. Martin is a very limited player who has had impact on the game for a short period. Players like Selwood, Pendlebury and Bartlett very very rarely played a bad game over 350 plus games.

9th most Brownlow votes in the history of the game. Higher votes per game average than Selwood and Pendlebury. Not good enough for you? What else does he need to achieve to change your mind.

Btw I don’t think Selwood or Pendlebury have ever been considered the best play in the comp. No way near as good or consistent in finals either, didn’t even wins Brownlows. But that doesn’t matter I guess.

Ok btw Royce only played 187 games. But yeah played better for far longer lol.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back