Opinion Top 50

Remove this Banner Ad

A reasonable effort, I'm certainly not one to judge unless I've put up my own top 50.

From St Kilda, I think Sinclair and King should be on the list.

Was the criteria looking back on 2022 or forward on 2023?

Jeremy Cameron at number one is a joke mate. So is Jordan Ridley and no Grimes or Vlaustin . No Daniel Rioli. And Bolton is easily top 6. Guthrie shouldn't be on the list either.
Best player in the best team at number one isn't too much of a stretch. Guthrie easily top 30 too as the joint winner.

Idk how people can make top 50's it's too heckin hard. This was the best I could manage in no particular order and not even with 50 players.
I'm sure I forgot plenty of good players.

Best Midfielders
Clayton Oliver
Christian Petracca
Marcus Bontempelli
Patrick Cripps
Lachie Neale
Touk Miller
Zach Merrett
Jack Crisp
Jack Steele
Callum Mills
Rory Laird
Andrew Brayshaw
Luke Parker
Ollie Wines
Tom Liberatore

Elite Ruckmen
Max Gawn
Sean Darcy
Jarrod Witts

Best forwards
Tom Hawkins
Tom Lynch
Jeremy Cameron
Charlie Curnow
Harry Mckay
Charlie Cameron
Tyson Stengle
Isaac Heeney
Peter Wright
Taylor Walker
Aaron Naughton
Max King
Toby Greene

Best Defenders
James Sicily
Tom Stewart
Jack Sinclair
Brayden Maynard
Sam Taylor
Darcy Moore
Harris Andrews

Steven May
Tom Barrass
Jacob Weitering
Paddy McCartin
Daniel Rich

I've never ever heard anyone say Jeremy Cameron is the best player in the league.
I literally googled it and found this in under 10 seconds, not that it means it's true or anything. But is it really so surprising that someone might think the AA CHF and BnF winner from the premiership winning team has claims to being the best player in the league?

Fox Footy’s David King believes Jeremy Cameron is “clearly” the best player in the competition, and warns Richmond faces a tough task stopping the star Cat.

Cameron hasn’t missed a match in 2022, sitting second in the Coleman Medal race with 39 goals while averaging more than 15 disposals a game.

According to Champion Data statistics, Cameron is ranked first in the competition for both field kicking and score involvements this year.

He is also the best kick in the competition, sitting at 13% above the AFL average.

Describing Cameron as a “six-foot-five Dustin Martin”, King said the milestone man was the “most difficult match up in AFL footy”.

“I think he is clearly the best player in the game right now,” he said on AFL360.

“He’s going to take us to places we don’t want to go.

“We talk a lot about midfielders that go forward. This is a forward that goes in the midfield – it’s the reverse.

“He glides across the ground. His coasting speed holds and maintains a gap on his opponent.”

I've never ever heard anyone say Jeremy Cameron is the best player in the league.

He’s the best player at the best team, the best key forward in the game, anyone who doesn’t think he’s in the conversation is a bit lost.

I reckon I’d have him #1 right now.

We’d take the best available 186cm utility

Same with us tbh, except 178cm.

He’s the best player at the best team, the best key forward in the game, anyone who doesn’t think he’s in the conversation is a bit lost.

I reckon I’d have him #1 right now.

Same with us tbh, except 178cm.
He plays as the second forward and gets the 2nd best defender a lot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You didn’t, but you “lolled” at my post suggesting it was likely an oversight. Wasn’t quite sure how else to take that reaction.

I laughed at the insecurity.

I'd have him in my list, but it's not as though he's a top 5-10 player in the game.

Those who have done the exercise in here seem to mostly have him at 35+ so it's not inconceivable or completely unreasonable for him to be outside 50 for some.

Thought I would have a crack and it’s a lot harder than I thought. I’m sure I’ve missed some and open to changes so let loose on me (never doubted).

1. Jeremy Cameron
  2. Marcus Bontempelli
  3. Lachie Neale
  4. Christian Petracca
  5. Tom Stewart
  6. Patrick Cripps
  7. Touk Miller
  8. Toby Greene
  9. Jack Steele
  10. Clayton Oliver
  11. Harry Mckay
  12. Zach Merrett