Opinion Top 8 or not to Top 8?

should we push for top 8 or stay the course and try and get top 5 pick?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 20, 2009
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
After the great preformance over the weekend against saint kilda, it looks that we finally are getting everything clicking and fact that even before this game we were pushing the top 8 teams but at least losing in the 4th q.

so my questions is that should we push for a top 8 side since we are 3 wins away from 8th place (all depending on how other teams play etc etc) with a fixture that is quite winnable.

e.g.
Port TIO (good record against port up there)
Bye
Collingwood (we can push them and beat them)
Tigers (revenge match)
Melbourne
GWS

that's our next 5 games in which 4/5 are winnable games.

or should we stay the course and try and allow this final stage of the rebuild and gain a top 5 pick to acquire a young talent and push for top 8 next season.

thoughts?
This is just accepting mediocrity.
We could go for a premiership this year.

Interloper

Club Legend
May 1, 2011
Atherstone
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Mission Wrapped
Maybe we just do what St Kilda are aparently doing, submarining, tanking but sneakier! lol good delusional read over there.
Ably led by Capt. Reiwoldt

DIVE! DIVE! DIVE!

573984-brian-lake.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We're not top 8..

But one thing for certain, it was good to get some payback on the ******* llama Reiwoldt :D

TheHoneyBadger

"I lost my phone"
10k Posts Western Bulldogs - Cordy, Honeychurch, Prudden, Dale Player Sponsor 2015
Sep 17, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
Push for the 8, we'll know where we're at then. Won't make it, but can instill a bit of hope. We have the talent anyway, as long as we keep using our picks well we'll be fine.

Not a chance in the world for top 8 this year. Even if we win for 4 or 5 more, you will need minimum 11 wins this year which I don't think is possible at all.

Not a chance in the world for top 8 this year. Even if we win for 4 or 5 more, you will need minimum 11 wins this year which I don't think is possible at all.

you know what they say, if you aim for the sky, you'll hit the ceiling but if you aim for the ceiling you won't get off the ground

you know what they say, if you aim for the sky, you'll hit the ceiling but if you aim for the ceiling you won't get off the ground

It's all and good winning, but in our current situation I think playing kids and churning through the list seeing who has it and who doesn't is the best thing to do at this stage. For this year I would well rather play all of the kids to see who we can keep and who will be useful in the next surge up the ladder. Much rather sacrifice a few wins this year for long term gain, specially when everyone outside the top 6 will be doing nothing but making up the numbers.

ThirdLegUp

Premiership Player
Apr 29, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
or Aim for the ceiling and you'll achieve a head ache, aim for the sky and you fall to your death...:p

Back