Top 8 won't change except Crows in Suns out?

Remove this Banner Ad

Very plausible. On form, Sydney, Bulldogs, North, Hawthorn, Geelong, GWS, Adelaide and West Coast are probably the best eight teams by some margin. Of course, the season is young.

It's the most likely scenario.

Suns could fall away, and it's highly unlikely Melbourne will make it

Below sides need to start planning for 2017 onwards

Collingwood
Port Adelaide
St Kilda
Richmond
Carlton
Brisbane
Essendon
Fremantle

It's the most likely scenario.

Suns could fall away, and it's highly unlikely Melbourne will make it

Below sides need to start planning for 2017 onwards

Collingwood
Port Adelaide
St Kilda
Richmond
Carlton
Brisbane
Essendon
Fremantle

Even this early in the year it definitely feels like you can draw a line after Melbourne. Collingwood and Port only one game out but 30% differential tells you how they are actually travelling compared to the top 10.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

North Hawks Dogs Swans top 4
WCE Geelong Crows next 3.
GWS likely next, GC and Melbourne pressing
Crows look top 4 for mine, I'd have them before dogs and north, I'd also have the Eagles in there purely cause they will barely lose a game at home. Saying that's it's still very early days.

And history proves that the Top 8 is usually pretty settled after 5 rounds.

2015 - 2 changes
2014 - 3 changes
2013 - 0 changes
2012 - 3 changes
2011 - 2 changes
2010 - 1 change
2009 - 1 change

Oh well start finals now then

Because of injury? Because they have played some great football.
Unlucky not to be 5-0

If they can continue with their form despite losing key players they will become the team to beat.
But it can just as quickly go the other way when a team starts getting injuries to key players.
IMO injuries will be even more significant this year with the speed of the game...players can't just step straight back in and perform...the game is too fast.

Every year. Every ******* year this thread gets made about a month into the season.

I guarantee you somebody will collapse. Some team that look like world beaters right now will collapse from an awesome position (like 7-3 or something) and miss the finals.

Hawthorn would want to improve. Leaving to much to few and only just getting over the line.
A loss to GWS this week is a very real possibly and if that happens we're right back in the pack.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back