Top 9 games of '09

Remove this Banner Ad

What was so good about the West Coast Vs Western Bulldogs game, aside from the close scoreline? Western Bulldogs couldn't hit a barn door with a machine gun that game. West Coast were awesome, but the Bulldogs were gash.

The Carlton Vs St.Kilda game was of higher standard, and more entertaining to watch.

One of the biggest upsets of the past couple of years.
4 lead changes in the last quarter:eek:

I was at the Grand Final and dispite the game making me happiest I've been whilst following football I believe the game was quiet over-rated. I even rate the 2008 grand final a better game of football than 2009, but thats a whole differenet issue.

Didn't see all the games this year but these are the games I remember being the most enjoyable while watching on tv and being there live

9. Melbourne vs Richmond: Round 18
8. Essendon vs Collingwood: Round 5 - At Game
7. Essendon vs Calton: Round 3
6. Sydney vs West Coast: Round 8
5. Port Adelaide vs Richmond: Round 9
4. Essendon vs St Kilda: Round 20
3. St Kilda vs Geelong: Grand FInal - At Game
2. Hawthawn vs Geeking: Round 17 - At Game
1. St Kilda vs Geelong: Round 14 - At Game

You're insane. :p

I was at every single game this year, and there is no way I'd rate the GF worse than any other... Then again it's more because we won. :)

My top 9 (from the ones I saw or listed to):
1. Round 14: St. Kilda V Geelong - Lived up to expectations, epic.

2. Round 5: Essendon V Collingwood - Best ANZAC day game I've seen so far. I (and pretty much everyone else) thought Collingwood had this wrapped up but I couldn't believe it when Essendon slammed home those three goals. Great game.

3. Grand Final: St. Kilda V Geelong - Can't believe some people are saying it was an ugly slugfest. The 2002 Grand Final was one of the best grand finals and this was a carbon copy. Was on the edge of my seat for the whole game.

4. Semi Final: Collingwood V Adelaide - Despite the result, this was an enthralling match. I thought we had won it when Tippett kicked that goal but then Rutten *beep* it up:mad::(.

5. Round 17: Geelong V Hawthorn - Was at an SANFL game but listened to this on the radio. I could just imagine being there. The atmosphere would've been electric, great finish.

6. Round 9: Geelong V Western Bulldogs - Listened to this on MMM (like I do with most friday night matches) but decided to watch it on channel 7 because of the thrilling finish. I predicted that this would be a cracker and it didn't disappoint.

7. Round 11: Essendon V Adelaide - Might be a tad bias but this was an great game. Our accuracy was ridiculous as we were kicking goals from here, there and everywhere. It was the birth of an emerging star called Kurt Tippett and it was just a tense, fast paced, high scoring match.

8. Round 6: Hawthorn V Carlton - The Fev poster match. Hawthorn looked home but a late charge from Carlton had me on the edge of my seat. Thought Carlton had won when Fev marked. Couldn't believe that he missed that shot.

9. Round 3: Carlton V Essendon - At the time, this was a big upset (Carlton were on fire early in the season). A tense match between the two rivals was enthralling to watch.

That game was an absolute farce. In the first half especially, there were so many fumbles and missed opportunities from both teams.

Yeah, it was probably the worst game Richmond played all year. It was genuinely awful.

No love for Port V Richmond? was a great game to watch or be at. We gave up a good lead but seeing one man (Tredrea) win the game for us single handedly was amazing to watch.

I loved this game, even despite the loss. Nahas' 5 goals from nowhere, some absolute magic from Morton, Tredrea just grabbing the game by the balls and shaking until he got what he wanted... excellent game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back