Top Blokes in Amateur Footy

Remove this Banner Ad

The Hunter

Rookie
Mar 2, 2006
Up State New York
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I have only got this third hand, but apparently a player from Uni Blacks won their $1000 draw on Sunday, was in attendance, and put nothing on the bar afterwards.

Can this be topped for "Good Bloke" of the year.

The Hunter said:
I have only got this third hand, but apparently a player from Uni Blacks won their $1000 draw on Sunday, was in attendance, and put nothing on the bar afterwards.

Can this be topped for "Good Bloke" of the year.

Hunter - you are right on the money with that one. I heard from a sourse that a guy - last name Baton - won it, and then took the money without as much as a round shout.

bloody disgrace if you ask me. See my comment in the B grade thread. I think this should be investigated futher, or the ATO should be notified

MotorBike Rob said:
Hunter - you are right on the money with that one. I heard from a sourse that a guy - last name Baton - won it, and then took the money without as much as a round shout.

bloody disgrace if you ask me. See my comment in the B grade thread. I think this should be investigated futher, or the ATO should be notified

Learn the requirements of taxable income before making outlandish statements like that.

But yes, awful bloke and should probably be hung, drawn and quartered.

Not everyone will put money on the bar, there will always be some greedy people no matter where you go in football or anything else for that matter.

Sportsman said:
Not everyone will put money on the bar, there will always be some greedy people no matter where you go in football or anything else for that matter.

He won the money fair and square, he is under no obligation to spend it at the club or to fund more pi$$ for the "disappointed" punters who were not so fortunate to win.

He obviously brought a ticket to support the club, not sure why the term "greedy" is being thrown around.

Chin up!

Maybe you'll win the next draw, until then save your comments and get over it!

With regards to him being under no obligation, puting some money on the bar is a sort of nice thing he could have done.

But, each to his own and as FencePainter just said what he does with the money is up to him not anyone else.

Agreed Sportsman, but a thing called karma may return. Probably the type of bloke who would be "at the toilet", or having to leave when his turn to buy a round. Just not the done thing, pocketing the cash.

I would imagine that most clubs would allow a "barrell" at cost to be put on. Still leaving $800 more in the pocket than when arrived.

Personally, I am genuine when I say that I can't really afford to buy the odd round although when I do have the cash will oblige.

The best way to avoid having fights over who the next round should be shouted is to all put some cash in each time for a jug or two, it means every is contributing and no one can be singled out for not being involved.

It works for me, my classmates and teachers after TAFE sometimes.

The Hunter said:
Agreed Sportsman, but a thing called karma may return. Probably the type of bloke who would be "at the toilet", or having to leave when his turn to buy a round. Just not the done thing, pocketing the cash.

I would imagine that most clubs would allow a "barrell" at cost to be put on. Still leaving $800 more in the pocket than when arrived.

Good call hunter. If you start the day with $0 and you end up with $800, would you not be as happy as if you got $1000??

Forgive me about not knowing the latest ATO rulings on prize money. I guess i've been watching too much Big Brother.

Sportsman said:
Personally, I am genuine when I say that I can't really afford to buy the odd round although when I do have the cash will oblige.

The best way to avoid aving fights over who the next round should be shouted is to all ut some cash in each time for a jug or two, it means every is contributing and no one can be singled out for not being involved.

It work for me, my classmates and teachers after TAFE sometimes.

Then maybe you should stay at home until you can save up enough money to go out without your "mates" having to shout you..... they'd probably prefer you did too.

Well.... surely you understand what it's like being a student.

Not all of us are made of money mate, so we don't shout we all put our money together as it means no disputes and everyone is happy.

I contribute as well for each round.... believe me I do.

Sportsman said:
Well.... surely you undestand what it's like being a student.

Not all of us are made of money mate, so we don't shout we all put our money together as it means no disputes and everyone is happy.

I contribute as well for each round.... believe me I do.

Sounds like you could have done with the money mate. Were you jealous?? did you think about waiting for him in the carpark to steal the money?? I've heard there are a few guys down at that club with "unclean" hands.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Late Mail said:
Cracking missus too

David and (soon to be Mrs) Suzy Beardsley must have the longest, narrowest matrimonial bed in Melbourne!!! I completely concur, Beardo is universally popular at his own club, and I haven't met anyone outside who disagrees.

Other genuine Top Blokes I'd like to nominate include:

Justin Evans (St B)
Nick Harrison (Coll)
Tristan Beranger (OS)
James Hope (OI)

I couldn'd see a "top blokes in amateur footy" thread go on without nominating Trent Skurry from old essendon. One of the best blokes you will ever meet! And is still puting away Jono Dixon's sister i hear...should make for a good match-up next time OEG plays Collegians.

Ralph Wiggam said:
I couldn'd see a "top blokes in amateur footy" thread go on without nominating Trent Skurry from old essendon. One of the best blokes you will ever meet! And is still puting away Jono Dixon's sister i hear...should make for a good match-up next time OEG plays Collegians.

Lay off Skurrie, he is my best mate!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back