Now

Joey
Zerrett
Parish
Fanta
Tippa

Special thanks to

Heppell and Goddard who faced the eye of the storm and never waivered

Sorry but what did Jobe do exactly to miss your cut?
The rest are obvious but dropping Jobe is kinda strange..

For me its..

Jobe..His Dad was my childhood hero.
JD...every Daniher is sacred..He's the most talented of them all..
Tippa...feel good story and an excitement machine..
Longy...His Dad was also a hero of ours..Heppell really wins this spot but have a soft spot for Jakey..
Zach #howbloodygoodishe Merrett...He's incredible, Stew who?

It's a difficult task pretty much.
Agreed, however I did ask him a question and would rather his answer than yours..
Can't figure out why he would drop Jobe of his list of faves yet add a special mention to Hepp and BJ for standing tall..Calling him out there..Didn't Jobe stand tall? Would rather hear the thoughts of the poster I replied to tbh Beerfish if that is ok with you..

Agreed, however I did ask him a question and would rather his answer than yours..
Can't figure out why he would drop Jobe of his list of faves yet add a special mention to Hepp and BJ for standing tall..Calling him out there..Didn't Jobe stand tall? Would rather hear the thoughts of the poster I replied to tbh Beerfish if that is ok with you..
Sorry mate.

Sorry mate.
All good mate, love the Avatar btw...Feeling flat as a tack thinking of Hirdy atm..
When the going gets tough...
I for one think Jobe took a far greater stance than Hepp or BJ who the 222EB put on a pedestal..
If he could explain what exactly Jobe did to be deleted from his top 5 let alone top 2 I'd listen but gee it's a kneeJERK reaction..

All good mate, love the Avatar btw...Feeling flat as a tack thinking of Hirdy atm..
When the going gets tough...
I for one think Jobe took a far greater stance than Hepp or BJ who the 222EB put on a pedestal..
If he could explain what exactly Jobe did to be deleted from his top 5 let alone top 2 I'd listen but gee it's a kneeJERK reaction..
I didn't have Jobe in my top 5 either. It's a personal thing and there's really no wrong answer which is the beauty of it. Your post seemed to be approaching it from an accusatory stance. I apologise if that wasn't the case. I've seen some pretty horrific s**t posted on the internet in the last 24 hours.

I didn't have Jobe in my top 5 either. It's a personal thing and there's really no wrong answer which is the beauty of it. Your post seemed to be approaching it from an accusatory stance. I apologise if that wasn't the case. I've seen some pretty horrific s**t posted on the internet in the last 24 hours.

No sweat mate...the last day has been hard for all the carers..perhaps you didn't read his post in its entirety? Because anyone who had Jobe there in his top 5 before yet decided he had dropped somehow due to the saga has me baffled and wanting answers...
I simply wondered why his top 5 previously had Jobe right up there yet he flicked him after that but found time to pump up Hepp and BJ... I have personally had nothing but the utmost respect for the way Jobe rode this entire saga, just find it sad to think someone has flicked Jobe for zilch..without reasonable reply nor any actual substance..Watson =royalty for true lovers of this club...

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tippa
Colyer
Fanta
Zmerrett
JoeyD

Apologies to the rest of the EFC. I love you all. These 5 get me particularly excited.

Last edited:
No sweat mate...the last day has been hard for all the carers..perhaps you didn't read his post in its entirety? Because anyone who had Jobe there in his top 5 before yet decided he had dropped somehow due to the saga has me baffled and wanting answers...
I simply wondered why his top 5 previously had Jobe right up there yet he flicked him after that but found time to pump up Hepp and BJ... I have personally had nothing but the utmost respect for the way Jobe rode this entire saga, just find it sad to think someone has flicked Jobe for zilch..without reasonable reply nor any actual substance..Watson =royalty for true lovers of this club...
I'd say someone has every right to love whichever Essendon players they like without it reflecting whether they truly love the club or not.

Sorry but what did Jobe do exactly to miss your cut?
The rest are obvious but dropping Jobe is kinda strange..

For me its..

Jobe..His Dad was my childhood hero.
JD...every Daniher is sacred..He's the most talented of them all..
Tippa...feel good story and an excitement machine..
Longy...His Dad was also a hero of ours..Heppell really wins this spot but have a soft spot for Jakey..
Zach #howbloodygoodishe Merrett...He's incredible, Stew who?

I was gonna give a shout out to jobe as well for all he's put up with but mainly mentioned the other two for all their great work in the media.

Just picking the players I enjoyed the most from the 2016 squad, by the end of this season I'm sure it will totally change again.

Last edited:
1. Daniher
2. Hurley
3. Tippa
4. Fantasia
5. Z. Merrett

Daniher entertains me more than any player in the league - even when he's doing stupid stuff - and I seem to get just a little more joy out of watching him kick a goal or take a grab than with other players.

Hurley has been one of favourite since his debut; loved the way he attacked the ball and really wanted him to become a good forward; more than happy be became an excellent defender.

Tippa is a feel good story and I'll forever be greatful that he made 2016 a little more bearable.

With such an awesome name I couldn't help but pay a little more attention to Fantasia. His attitude and skill up forward reminded me of perhaps my favourite Essendon player - Darren Bewick.

Merrett was a shining light in an otherwise crappy year. Against all odds he established himself as one of the games best midfielders. He led from the front and never stopped working. It's hard not to admire the kid.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back