Top five players you would trade in

Sep 14, 2003
Williamstown
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
LA Angels, Maple Leafs
I've identified some on-field needs for the current Bulldog lineup...

- Mature ruckman for a couple of seasons to protect Tim English while he develops
- Lock down full back
- Forward line X factor
- More on-field leaders & game breakers

Max Gawn
Harris Andrews
Liam Ryan
Dustin Martin
Patrick Cripps

Feb 23, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets
I've identified some on-field needs for the current Bulldog lineup...

- Mature ruckman for a couple of seasons to protect Tim English while he develops
- Lock down full back
- Forward line X factor
- More on-field leaders & game breakers

Max Gawn
Harris Andrews
Liam Ryan
Dustin Martin
Patrick Cripps
I find the Dusty selection interesting. If any team had to play a Grand Final tomorrow, then Dusty is the first picked in the league.
But to add onto your list, would you really pick a 30 year old Martin next year over a 10+ year player?
The same could perhaps be said of a 28 year old Gawn vs a 26 year old Grundy?

Even with the Tigers at the top at the moment, there are plenty of established guns under 25 I can think of that provide an immediate return and a long term benefit. I would think clubs a little further away would factor that in?

ShadeyP

Premiership Player
Jul 1, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Keen on some 10+ year guns

Andrew Brayshaw
Connor Rozee
Aaron Naughton
Tim Taranto
Izak Rankine

Nice List

JayJ20

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 28, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
1. Lachie Neale
2. Patrick Cripps
3. Clayton Oliver
4. Ben King
5. Jacob Weitering

Nov 12, 2006
Subiaco, Perth WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Subiaco FC
1. Adam Saad
2. Izak Rankine
3. Jayden Short
4. Matt Rowell
5. Toby Greene

Goomba1973

Team Captain
Aug 13, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
New York Mets
Matt Rowell - Superstar on the back of 3 games and 15 years ahead of him
Josh Dunkley - because it's Josh Dunkley
Patrick Cripps - Imagine how good he would be if he didn't have to carry a whole team
Max King - Will be the best forward in the comp in about 3 years
Tim English - Dean Cox 2.0 just needs a little bit more time to develop his ruck craft

Flags =/= talent. He's terrible.

Daniel Butler is your choice of the young small forwards named Daniel.
You know the drill? Draft a Rioli, win a premiership.
Except if his name is Dean.

Sep 19, 2007
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Think port would go

Harris Andrews
Darcy Moore
Dustin Martin
Liam Ryan
Patrick Cripp

2 KPD, 1 superstar, 1 small forward (allows Butters and Rozee to go into mid) and a good Mid (boak, Rockliff and Gray are all 30)

If looking at our list for instant-longevity, I'm going

Handrews to replace Jonas in two years got 8-10 seasons out of him
Pattrick Cripps
Marcus Bontompelli
Jake Kelly/Clayton Oliver
Charlie Cameron/Jeremy Cameron depending on needs. I think Jeremy as his position is harder to replace.

That would result in a very nice team

Thrall

Team Captain
Jun 12, 2020
AFL Club
Carlton
I find the Dusty selection interesting. If any team had to play a Grand Final tomorrow, then Dusty is the first picked in the league.
But to add onto your list, would you really pick a 30 year old Martin next year over a 10+ year player?
The same could perhaps be said of a 28 year old Gawn vs a 26 year old Grundy?

Even with the Tigers at the top at the moment, there are plenty of established guns under 25 I can think of that provide an immediate return and a long term benefit. I would think clubs a little further away would factor that in?

Dusty is the GOAT. No Jokes, 3 prems, 3 normies......Blokes like Ablett senior get talked of as the goat, how many flags did he play in and not win one? There's a few I could mention. No disrepesct to any of them but Dusty is the GOAT

Edit, never talks s**t, signed to a long term deal, and plays like he is playing for his contract every game. He is a deadset champion

Feb 23, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets
Dusty is the GOAT. No Jokes, 3 prems, 3 normies......Blokes like Ablett senior get talked of as the goat, how many flags did he play in and not win one? There's a few I could mention. No disrepesct to any of them but Dusty is the GOAT

Edit, never talks sh*t, signed to a long term deal, and plays like he is playing for his contract every game. He is a deadset champion
Yeh he's a player you'd pick for tomorrow's game or for a team on the cusp, but some clubs that aren't in a flag window right now, I would have thought they'd go for a 22 year old that still has 10+ years left.

Sep 19, 2007
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Yeh he's a player you'd pick for tomorrow's game or for a team on the cusp, but some clubs that aren't in a flag window right now, I would have thought they'd go for a 22 year old that still has 10+ years left.
Yeah, you need a player who has had back to back top level seasons and preferably no older than 26

So Clayton Oliver in his third season would be suitable. (Proven)

Oct 22, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
Kane Lambert
Nat Fyfe
Patrick Dangerfield
Patrick Cripps
Liam Ryan

Oct 22, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood

Edit, never talks sh*t, signed to a long term deal, and plays like he is playing for his contract every game. He is a deadset champion
the goat ya reckon? 17’ granny I’m pretty sure Bachar Houli is still at the police station reporting his stolen norm smith medal. The Hype around Martin is unbelievable - you’d think he’s won 5 brownlows & 5 Leigh matthews? (Which he’s actually won 1 of each) he is far from the GOAT when you’re talking about blokes like Greg Williams, Chris Judd, Michael Voss, Luke Hodge even Fyfe is better then Martin. Premierships don’t define anything otherwise I guess we would say Cameron Mooney was a better player then Pavlich & Riewoldt because he won 3 premierships and they won 0...

Veer Right

Premium Platinum
May 11, 2019
AFL Club
St Kilda
Ben King
Harris Andrews
Shai Bolton
Christian Petracca
Caleb Serong

getthefooty

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 30, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Very surprised Short has a couple of nominations. Good player and now a B&F winner but there's a few HBFs I'd pick ahead of him.

1. Neale
2. Ben King
3. Grundy
4. Bont
5. Yeo
the goat ya reckon? 17’ granny I’m pretty sure Bachar Houli is still at the police station reporting his stolen norm smith medal. The Hype around Martin is unbelievable - you’d think he’s won 5 brownlows & 5 Leigh matthews? (Which he’s actually won 1 of each) he is far from the GOAT when you’re talking about blokes like Greg Williams, Chris Judd, Michael Voss, Luke Hodge even Fyfe is better then Martin. Premierships don’t define anything otherwise I guess we would say Cameron Mooney was a better player then Pavlich & Riewoldt because he won 3 premierships and they won 0...
Martin was better than Houli in ‘17. 29 touches and 2.2, 22 contested possessions and 6 clearances, was hugely influential in the middle of the ground. Houli was very good but 25 outside touches off a flank v 29 D. Martin touches??? It’s not a contest. 4/5 judges gave him 3 votes.

spendles

Team Captain
Sep 14, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
Fyfe
Danger
Martin
Neale
Nic Nat

I want clearances and I'm gonna get them.
Grundy,pendles,sidey and co can have fun up forward getting regularly fed.

Apr 30, 2019
AFL Club
GWS
Liam Ryan
Connor Rozee
Darcy Moore
Liam Baker
Shai Bolton

Yojimbo

Cancelled
10k Posts
Nov 14, 2012
The "Elephant" in the room.
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Josh Kelly
Tom Phillips
Connor Rozee
Harris Andrews
Mabior Chol

Glorin

Club Legend
Dec 3, 2009
On the edge
AFL Club
Hawthorn
De Konig
Rowell
Steele
Ben King
Andrews

HollyValentine

Debutant
Oct 23, 2017
AFL Club
Essendon
For Essendon we need someone who will actually win the ball in the mid a decent ruck a big thing up front and Harris andrews to help Ridley since hooker/hurley Old

M. Rowell
Gawn/Grundy/Nat (I dont care that they are old i think Draper looks pretty good)
Harris Andrews
King/Daniher
L. Neale

Maybe this leaves our midfield too small still but its hard to shy away from Rowell and Neale :O

MCG-Unit

Club Legend
Oct 28, 2003
Gore
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Geelong West, Townsville
Naitanui
Hugh Greenwood
Aish
Aaron Hall