TV Top Gear UK Series

Plugger35

The umpires are always right!
Sep 27, 2008
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Chelsea, Black Caps, Subiaco
This has trainwreck written all over it.

I think I'd rather watch the Australian Top Gear than this.

Sue Ridgepipe

Debutant
Nov 9, 2015
Commode Abode
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Red Bull F1, EPL Spurs, NBA Spurs
If they write Matt LeBlanc's lines he will do really well, if he has to improv he will crash and burn.

His work in UK series Episodes is really good, albeit playing himself. A mate recommended it and I expected a trainwreck, but it was brilliant.

Everyone else on the other hand... *image of Hilux atop a collapsing building *

ManWithNoName

TheBrownDog
Apr 6, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
LFC, Demons, Melb City, Bears
If they write Matt LeBlanc's lines he will do really well, if he has to improv he will crash and burn.

His work in UK series Episodes is really good, albeit playing himself. A mate recommended it and I expected a trainwreck, but it was brilliant.

Everyone else on the other hand... *image of Hilux atop a collapsing building *
I still think LeBlanc has the potential to be really good. He could be the sole saving grace. However the show surrounding him will be so bad it won't matter.

BobbyMorri

Community Leader
May 4, 2009
Tasmania
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Scunny, Furth
I think it is good that they arent going to try and copy "top gear".

It is going to be a mess for the first season though, until they find their new "thing"

Wallaby

Norm Smith Medallist
May 8, 2007
vic
AFL Club
Richmond
Interesting with Sabine Schmitz - when she first appeared on Top Gear about 12 years ago, she created quite a stir because she was a)Fast b)funny and c) A Woman!

She's had a good career in TV in Germany since, but I suspect from the above photo she's no longer in exactly racing trim.

JUBJUB

TheBrownDog
Sep 22, 2000
Calling Wambulances for the Geelong whiners
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Ford
Interesting with Sabine Schmitz - when she first appeared on Top Gear about 12 years ago, she created quite a stir because she was a)Fast b)funny and c) A Woman!

She's had a good career in TV in Germany since, but I suspect from the above photo she's no longer in exactly racing trim.
What above photo ?

JUBJUB

TheBrownDog
Sep 22, 2000
Calling Wambulances for the Geelong whiners
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Ford

ManWithNoName

TheBrownDog
Apr 6, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
LFC, Demons, Melb City, Bears
Flop Gear starts on sunday May 29th in the UK,so I'm guessing it'll be on the morning of monday the 30th on BBC Knowledge here

http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/top-ge...23-start-date-chris-evans-matt-leblanc-hosts/

Clarkson,Hammond & May have named their show The Grand Tour

http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2016/05/clarkson-hammond-may-name-new-show-the-grand-tour.html
The Amazon Prime show will feature short films shot in different locations around the globe and the studio audience portion of the showcase will also take place at a different location around the world every week. The pre-recorded studio sections of the program will be filmed in front of a live audience, all housed within a giant tent. Therefore in this spirit of travel, adventure and intrigue, the presenters have decided to call the show 'The Grand Tour.'
Actually sounds pretty cool.

Hap Hapablap

I'm off to Nepal to become a mountain goat.
Jun 27, 2006
Where the cows go bong.
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Lakers,Inter,Man U

drd23

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 28, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Baltimore Ravens, Atletico
The new season with the new cast has aired.

It has much of the same look and feel of the old show but still not quite as good. Chris Evans was clearly trying way too hard to be the new Clarkson. Matt LeBlanc was actually pretty good.

Remove this Banner Ad