FTA-TV Top Gear UK Series

James May doing his best Doctor Who impersonation to farewell the BBC

CIncHF0WwAAkKuf.jpg:large

Richard Hammond came as The Master apparently.

Bucksboys

Premiership Player
Suspended
Jun 23, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
And weren't they thrilled to be corralled into that spiritless dead studio devoid of audience and atmosphere and deliver empty lines in wooden sullen tones

And weren't they thrilled to be corralled into that spiritless dead studio devoid of audience and atmosphere and deliver empty lines in wooden sullen tones
I haven't seen it yet, watching it when I get home. Was it any good? The films I mean.

Bucksboys

Premiership Player
Suspended
Jun 23, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
I haven't seen it yet, watching it when I get home. Was it any good? The films I mean.
Yeah they were both good, really funny. Jeez Jezza looked old though, hope he's stuck to looking after himself and getting a bit healthier, looked like death warmed up

The divorce and his mum dying led to some pretty poor choices so he'll have to get back to fighting fit if he wants to do a new show because he didn't look like he could make it to the end of the old show's season

Last edited:
The mood in the studio was horrible. They really tried to put it on that they weren't happy. Even the goodbye was very hollow and felt forced.

This show is dead. You're not going to let your multi million dollar cash cow go without a fight I get that but BBC faces a losing battle you'd think.

Mar 29, 2007
Rand McNally
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
Vale Top gear :(

Top gear is the Clarkson/May/Hammond, even the cars themselves were secondary, you could enjoy a show with them driving around supercars or even pissing about in cheap s**t heaps (I always preferred the later). Each of them played their character according to their own personality traits and the worked/gelled so well together. I’ve watched other versions to TG (Aussie / USA) and even though they try and replicate they never even came close and am afraid no matter who they get to replace the trio will be the same.

Jenson Button in talks with BBC to become one of the hosts apparently.

He is very well liked and can obviously drive. Needs to step up to the plate when it comes to writing the gags though, that is the true engine room of Top Gear.

May 5, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
In more interesting news. They're back! Unfortunately not on Netflix :(

Top Gear trio Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May have signed to present a new car show on Amazon’s streaming service in one of the biggest coups in TV history.

The programme will air for the first time next year and be produced by former Top Gear executive Andy Wilman, an old school friend of Clarkson’s who is credited with revamping the format and turning it into the world’s most successful factual TV show.
http://www.standard.co.uk/news/cele...mond-and-james-may-for-new-show-10426102.html

Back