FTA-TV Top Gear UK Series

Remove this Banner Ad

Haven't seen it but the reviews I've seen are scathing. Perhaps it will take them a few episodes or a season to get into it, but it's going to be hard for it to not seem overly scripted and forced.

On a side note, anyone know when the real top gear starts on Amazon?
October I believe.

After 20 minutes of the new series I'm done. I know alot of people didn't like the old one but for me it was one of those shows I could watch over and over. Chris Evans is cringeworthy, he's trying so hard to be like the others. Matt LeBlanc isnt bad but the show needed to be wound up.

Looks like my thoughts are being echoed.

Matt good, Chris less than good.

His voiceovers haven't been well received. I absolutely cringed right at the start when he was trying to introduce that Viper, it was incredibly poor. Reusing stuff written by Clarkson and trying to be like him has been received even worse.

Either TG dies or the people behind it need to admit Evans was a screw up. He's not a car guy. Needs to do the right thing and step down before the next season starts filming or go through the humiliation of the BBC publicly not renewing his contract.

Haven't seen it but the reviews I've seen are scathing. Perhaps it will take them a few episodes or a season to get into it, but it's going to be hard for it to not seem overly scripted and forced.

It wasn't completely awful but neither was it very good. They stuck to the old formula - two supercars head to head, Reliant Robins, a car races a bike a drone and a motorised paraglider in the desert. But it was missing the magic element - the chemistry between the presenters. So the segments dragged. I fast forwarded through most of it.

LeBlanc was good, the other guy needs a bit of polish.

Sadly turds can't be polished
Oh wait,you can

Evans totally sucked.LeBlanc was alright.
The black guy [Rory ?] on Extra Gear looks to be a 1000 times better at hosting than Evans.

The SIARPC was a total load of crap.Having 2 people on not from the same thing [i.e TV show,movie,music group.....etc] made no sense.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That was truly awful.

I had to skip the first segment of just Evans and I sort of ground through the rest of it.

The star in a car segment is now butchered beyond belief, disgusting. Eddie Jordan bless his soul while being more interesting than Evans is basically a boring old grandpa, if he can't write gags he shouldn't get a gig.

It's so disappointing that there are literally hundreds of decent tv personalities / ex-racing drivers in the uk that could do this job much better than Chris Evans.

Jenson should have just told Chris to get out and declared he was taking the job. Cheering would have been heard around the world.

Jenson should have just told Chris to get out and declared he was taking the job. Cheering would have been heard around the world.
When JB retires I'd love him hosting a show like this. I think he'd be great.

When JB retires I'd love him hosting a show like this. I think he'd be great.

I found it amazing how fast that segment went from eye rolls and yawns to genuine lols when Button was driving.

I'll keep saying it because it's true. The only good bits with Evans are where he is the butt of the joke.

I found it amazing how fast that segment went from eye rolls and yawns to genuine lols when Button was driving.

I'll keep saying it because it's true. The only good bits with Evans are where he is the butt of the joke.
JB's a gun. The fact he's almost always so entertaining and funny on the grid minutes before he's about to start a Grand Prix is a testament to him.

Although if he's hosting it could make the Stig slightly redundant...

JB's a gun. The fact he's almost always so entertaining and funny on the grid minutes before he's about to start a Grand Prix is a testament to him.
I cracked up at his line a few races ago when Martin came up to him and JB says "What are you doing down this end of the grid ?" [JB was right near the back]

This weeks TG was it's lowest rating since season one,which was in 2002 and had that boring Jason Dawe on it

Seems to me like they're just farming potential new hosts/writers. A big part of it is being able to write the gags and perform them on cue so they look natural.

I just hope at the end of the season Evans can be big enough to say that out of the many bodies they've had through over the season he feels there are others suited to the role more and he's very appreciative to have seen TG through a transitional phase. Then he would come out looking good and the show could move on from him. (Even if the producers make him say that)

It's becoming obvious that the public don't like him and the producers would be stupid to keep him on anyway.

I just hope at the end of the season Evans can be big enough to say that out of the many bodies they've had through over the season he feels there are others suited to the role more and he's very appreciative to have seen TG through a transitional phase. Then he would come out looking good and the show could move on from him. (Even if the producers make him say that)

Evans won't quit, probably getting paid well into six figures.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back