FTA-TV Top Gear UK Series

3rd episode they tried to keep Evans out of the spotlight.

Matt introduced all the videos and got a jab in on Evans right at the opening. There was even a bit where Evans had a paper bag on his head and said nothing, I must say that was his best work of the season :D

The producers know what's going on.

Feb 28, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Baltimore Ravens, Atletico
If they just got rid of Evans and kept everything else the same it would be a quite a bit better (but not appointment viewing like the Clarkson/Hammond/May version)

They showed the entire R8 lap of Leguna Seca on the 'after show' Extra Gear, and he was even more annoying in that (which I didn't think was possible)

The problem with Evans is he will never be able to drive cars.

Did you see Harris drifting that Ferrari at Paul Ricard? Evans would have put it into the wall which would be impressive given the massive amounts of run off traps :p

He will forever be the captain slow of the show, destined to be the butt of the jokes and the worst driver. I just don't think his ego could handle that.

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
The problem with Evans is he will never be able to drive cars.

Did you see Harris drifting that Ferrari at Paul Ricard? Evans would have put it into the wall which would be impressive given the massive amounts of run off traps :p

He will forever be the captain slow of the show, destined to be the butt of the jokes and the worst driver. I just don't think his ego could handle that.
Even Capt Slow could drive though, he did alot of work during his time on TG

Sep 22, 2000
Calling Wambulances for the Geelong whiners
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Ford
I haven't watched it, but from what I've heard Le Blanc is one of the saving graces of the show?
I watched the first 2 eps and thought he'd be bad as a host,yet he was the highlight.Apparently in recent weeks they've had him and Rory,the black guy from TG Extra,doing more hosting than Evans.

Feb 28, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Baltimore Ravens, Atletico
Chris Evans has resigned from hosting Top Gear

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-36707266
Chris Evans has announced he is leaving his role as a presenter on Top Gear after one series.

He tweeted: "Stepping down from Top Gear. Gave it my best shot but sometimes that's not enough.

"I feel like my standing aside is the single best thing I can now do to help the cause.

His resignation comes after falling ratings for the show - which hit a series low on Sunday night, with an average of 1.9 million viewers.

Sep 22, 2000
Calling Wambulances for the Geelong whiners
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Ford
Chris Evans has resigned from hosting Top Gear

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-36707266
raw

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
This show might pick up now but I reckon its got 1 more year in it.

I said if Evans stepped down I would give him the respect he deserves for making the right decision.

Good on him. No need to say anything more negative, he has accepted responsibility and now it is up to the others to lift the show up back. They need to write jokes and get people laughing. All these car reviews are really obtrusive unlike with the old crew where they could slot them in with a stack of jokes so you didn't even really notice it was a boring old car review that cost them nothing except the filming time and getting the car on loan.

Apr 27, 2008
The 'Yabba
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Chael Sonnen: Moral Champion
Poor Flop Gear just can't take a trip.
New series was shown in Sydney and Brisbane last night and bombed.So as of next week it's been boned to GO.

http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2016/07/bumped-top-gear-3.html

Was my first watch of the new format. I actually think LeBlanc was equally bad as host, just far too slow and his dim humour doesn't work at all. The holy trinity were all fairly quick witted thinkers and jokers. For moments I actually thought LeBlanc slipped back in to character as Joey.

Whatever happens it must bring back 3 hosts to bounce off each other and also talk s**t about whichever one happens to not be present at the time.

Simple Jack

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 25, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Webber, Ricciardo, NE Patriots
Was my first watch of the new format. I actually think LeBlanc was equally bad as host, just far too slow and his dim humour doesn't work at all. The holy trinity were all fairly quick witted thinkers and jokers. For moments I actually thought LeBlanc slipped back in to character as Joey.

Whatever happens it must bring back 3 hosts to bounce off each other and also talk s**t about whichever one happens to not be present at the time.
I think all the various Top Gear incarnations around the world have shown it's really the presenters, not the format that made TG what it was. US Top Gear, Aus Top Gear and new Top Gear are all apocalyptically s**t.

The DHL Box Challenge was quite entertaining though!

Apr 27, 2008
The 'Yabba
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Chael Sonnen: Moral Champion
Agree it was the hosts that made it special, but with LeBlanc they're barking up the wrong tree, and Evans is an annoying and poor imitation of the original trifecta.

Back