Analysis Top speed and distances

Remove this Banner Ad

May 18, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong

No surprise seeing blitz and miers in the distance covered category. We all know they cover some serious ground. TK does too.

And no surprise seeing rohan hit the highest speed. But tommy stewart has basically matched rohans top speed which is a surprise. He does look quick at times, but didn’t think he was that quick. I guess rohan looks so fast cause his acceleration is insane. Gets up to top speed in what seems like 2 or 3 steps. Clark got some jets on him too. You’d think being so young he can only improve from here too.

It’s a shame we don’t get access to the full set of data on this. For one thing it would debunk a lot of tired (ahem, slow) arguments.
Yes. I was looking for distance covered figures for Gryan yesterday, and non of the usual stats sites had them.
Someone likened him to Milne, and I don't remember Milne moving more than a metre away from his own goal square during a match.

Yes. I was looking for distance covered figures for Gryan yesterday, and non of the usual stats sites had them.
Someone likened him to Milne, and I don't remember Milne moving more than a metre away from his own goal square during a match.
He has a similar style to Milne with ball in hand but yes, Miers is on a different planet aerobically.

No surprise seeing blitz and miers in the distance covered category. We all know they cover some serious ground. TK does too.

And no surprise seeing rohan hit the highest speed. But tommy stewart has basically matched rohans top speed which is a surprise. He does look quick at times, but didn’t think he was that quick. I guess rohan looks so fast cause his acceleration is insane. Gets up to top speed in what seems like 2 or 3 steps. Clark got some jets on him too. You’d think being so young he can only improve from here too.
Keep in mind that BLitz is doing that from a KPD position not a MF position. His work rate from position is extraordinary. Guess his running patterns might be good after all.

GO Catters

Now, now Dubs. They're all our boys, even Parsons. ;)
Yes, but we are doing ok in the MF without Menegola so far; competition for spots has never been healthier, not for a while anyway.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back