Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 1, 2010
AFL Club
Richmond
I'm not sure if you haven't got any replies because:

a) It's a Monday morning
b) Half this board has you on ignore and hence didn't see the thread
c) The article started as follows:
Richmond coach Damien Hardwick says he wants to hold on to his small core of experienced top-line players, despite admitting the need to add to his Tiger list.

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2016-08-27/topend-tiger-talent-wont-be-on-the-table

I am confused, is this not a list management/footy operations decision??

Surely that is not the coaches call or is Dimma a mouth piece for others in the footy club?

Surely in a professional organisation the coach is there to coach and would have little say in such matters!
LIKE usual, club, coach, football dept, etc are not on the one page and are pyulling in opposite directions - mainly sideways - like the game plan.
I sometimes doubt hardwick speaks with Richardson some weeks, while every other week he speaks to Gale. There's no uniformity or solidarity.

a) It's a Monday morning

Exactly, its not about what he wants. He is just the coach and not instrumental to setting up our premiership enabling

a) It's a Monday morning

Lol i take it this is a mr magic thread? Lock in B.

This makes a lie out of Dimma has no say in recruiting the townsends, Thomas etc etc etc

This is it, seemingly one cannot separate the list management decisions and recruiting decisions particularly recycled players from Dimma!!

So if its BH's fault it is also Dimma's fault.

I find it interesting that in the satire piece a link to Prestia wanting to play under Dimma would even be a supposed attraction or that 2 may have been satire!

If we were not accumulating iffy players in but real high end young talent like Gunston or Treloar people could be the more accepting of our development stage of our on field performance, bit like Melbourne with Roos but it seems Dimma is in like Flynn with the disastrous recruiting linked to BH which is a shame and ultimately what will probably prove his undoing IMO.

Dimma is almost inferring IMO, others involved in list management and recruiting are understudying by suggesting certain players will not be doing this or that while he has a say in it! It really opens up a contagion issue as proper segregation of duties seemingly must be being ignore as well as professional independence and frankly, with a supposed proper accounting background Dimma should have handles such topics better!

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They're all on the same page of the novel called Stability in Mediocrity. DH is going and I doubt he even remembers or even understands what he's saying. I wouldn't take him seriously.
Eh - eh - eh

lmao this just tells you how delusional they are. so basically we've got a 1st round which potentially we're gonna waste on meatball prestia? no 2nd which leaves a 3rd rounder about pick 45-50+ depending on free agencies. and whatever we get for vickery? if we don't trade top end talent we are basically stuffed. we try and fool teams into trading low picks for astbury when he was injury prone and not getting a game? the pnly way out of this mess is to keep rance, bloody re-sign dustyASAP and keep markov. everybody else is up for grabs for the right price. we're stale and need to get in decent recruiters pay for the blokes who are at Sydney or geelong make em an offer they can't refuse failing that hine and Rendell. we hit the draft hard take some short term pain for long term gain. deledio, riewoldt will reap premium overs. Christ i'd take slight unders for cotchin just to get out of his gargantuan life long contract.

lmao this just tells you how delusional they are. so basically we've got a 1st round which potentially we're gonna waste on meatball prestia? no 2nd which leaves a 3rd rounder about pick 45-50+ depending on free agencies. and whatever we get for vickery? if we don't trade top end talent we are basically stuffed. we try and fool teams into trading low picks for astbury when he was injury prone and not getting a game? the pnly way out of this mess is to keep rance, bloody re-sign dustyASAP and keep markov. everybody else is up for grabs for the right price. we're stale and need to get in decent recruiters pay for the blokes who are at Sydney or geelong make em an offer they can't refuse failing that hine and Rendell. we hit the draft hard take some short term pain for long term gain. deledio, riewoldt will reap premium overs. Christ i'd take slight unders for cotchin just to get out of his gargantuan life long contract.
What staggers me with pur drafting is that every year, a week or a few days before the draft a story or two emerges about 'Player X' has emerged as a smokey or surprise to be the Tigers' top selection in the draft. Like I am sure if you go back through the archives you will find such stories re Conca, B. Ellis, Valstuin, probably B. Ellis, Lennon and certainly Rioli was considered a surprise where we picked. Like why is it a smkey or surprise every year, or at very least some guy we've catapulted up the pecking order like Conca. safe picks are genuinely the right one!

GWS are going well and would probably argue they don't need experienced players, but their pick up of SJ is proof they're open to it.

I think we definitely need to offload 1 or 2 experienced players like Edwards or Delidio while they have currency and just get whatever we can in return.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back