Torn ACL for Nic Naitanui

Remove this Banner Ad

One small positive is that it gives Scott Lycett a chance to flourish.

Can't change what happened, and I'm sure Simmo and the rest of the coaching and playing group are already planning for life without him. It can be done - just needs time.

That's terrible news, I think Ceglar also done his ACL on the same night :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Damn. There goes West Coast's 2017 hopes.

Makes it harder certainly but I wouldn't write us off. Lycett has come on and I suspect someone like McInnes would get even more opportunities. Or McGovern gets more of a go as a chop out.

No retirements of key players and hopefully the younger midfielders step up another level. And they will learn to ruck off someone that isn't giving them clean use half the time.

Makes it harder certainly but I wouldn't write us off. Lycett has come on and I suspect someone like McInnes would get even more opportunities. Or McGovern gets more of a go as a chop out.

No retirements of key players and hopefully the younger midfielders step up another level. And they will learn to ruck off someone that isn't giving them clean use half the time.
I think at best it means you're in the 5-8 bracket. Can't win the flag from there.

I think at best it means you're in the 5-8 bracket. Can't win the flag from there.

Adelaide lost Dangerfield and I don't think anyone predicted they'd give the top 4 a shake this year.

Teams adapt all the time. Not saying it will happen to the Eagles 2017 side but I am not one to completely write us off for next season before this season has even finished.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back