Toast Tory Dickson is retiring

Remove this Banner Ad

Best memory I have of Dickson, is I remember sitting in my dads car listening to us playing Port Adelaide. It was an evening game and I think he kicked somewhere between 5-7 goals. Not sure if my memory is clouded or not.

Edit: Correction - it was Fremantle in 2015.

Feels like yesterday that Dicko came to the club after pinching from the clutches of a peeved Essendon FC. But what an impact and what a revelation for us as a club. A true Bulldog in his application to his craft and even flawed like a Bulldog, in a funny fashion like when he psyched himself out during his run as dead-eye. Going to miss Dicko :(

Such an important player in our premiership year. Was really good in our Prelim v GWS, and fittingly had the last touch of the ball. Kicked 50 goals in 2015 as well.

Thank you and congratulations on a great career.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dicko set the scene in the 2016 Prelim. He beat Shaw and another GWS player in the goal square just through sheer will and desperation to dribble through a goal. Was inspirational and sent the message to the Plastics that no matter how hard it got this was one day the Dogs were not going to roll over. Forever a Premiership hero!

181.61. Thank heavens for Tory cause nobody else converted like he did. We would love a mid twenties Dicko on our list right now.

Funnily enough when I think of him kicking for goal, my first memory is the point he kicked on the 2016 PF siren

Kicked 50 in 2016 and backed it up with 40 in 2017. Great numbers for a forward pocket.

Thanks for the memories Tory. Always a Premiership Dog and a great career for a guy who debuted at 24.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back