Toast Tory Dickson is retiring

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks Dicko. Great player. His consistency through all our finals definitely helped the nerves. Such a reliable player.
Just about for the entire AFL.
3rd most accurate of all time with at least 50 shots.
Most accurate of all time for players who have kicked over 100 goals.

Such a good kick in goal that even his shanks went through the middle

Hell of a career, especially for a guy drafted at age 24. Always one of our better finals performers, the PF probably his signature game. Gave Heath Shaw an absolute bath.

Another distinct highlight of his was the chase down tackle of McKenna

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When Tory had the ball you just new it was going through . Congratulations on a wonderful career started at 24 ...you stuck it up them alright

I dislike the overrating of McCartney's contribution to our premiership success but i lmaoed hard when he pinched Essendon's IP and front-run their pick on Dickson.

Another essential contributor in the 2016 premiership alongside Smith, Picken, Boyd, Biggs, Morris that has hung it up.

181.61. Thank heavens for Tory cause nobody else converted like he did. We would love a mid twenties Dicko on our list right now.

Funnily enough when I think of him kicking for goal, my first memory is the point he kicked on the 2016 PF siren

Kicked 50 in 2016 and backed it up with 40 in 2017. Great numbers for a forward pocket.

Thanks for the memories Tory. Always a Premiership Dog and a great career for a guy who debuted at 24.
Glad that he missed that one. So much sweeter remembering it as a 6 point game and not an 11 point one.

Although recruited in 2011 Tory struggled to retain a place in the best 22, especially in the ill-fated 2014 season, when he only played 4 games for 3 goals, and many of us didn’t rate him. But I remember that he impressed Bevo in the preseason and Bevo singled him out to say he would be selected. Anyone else remember that?
The rest is history 😀

Remove this Banner Ad

Back