FTA-TV Total Control on ABC TV

I just binged watched it and very much enjoyed it. High quality cast: Deborah Mailman is so good. I tend to be left disappointed with the ending of a lot of series I watch but this ending was spot on. Although it did irk me how much of a bitch Alex was to Jonathan throughout most of it.

I reckon there's enough in the characters to make one or two more six-part series. Alex can take down Laurie Martin in season 2 after winning an election, then Damien Bauer in season 3. Or vice versa.

Finally caught up with this series... I thought it was excellent... It sort of sits in the middle thematically between 'Stateless' & 'Secret City', and I think it found a better balance than both of those shows.

And as beez states above, there's more room for at least 1 subsequent season (which is officially coming in 2021), which I think something like 'Mystery Road' shouldn't have bothered with. Speaking of, does Aaron Pederson play basically the same character the same way every fn role!

Blue Arrow

Club Legend
Feb 22, 2019
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
The Renegades, Vics
We watched it and found it enjoyable, a bit left wing but what else do you expect from the ABC.
Good news more is coming.

Back