Totally impressed with South Aussies

Remove this Banner Ad

May 7, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Tongue in cheek on a serious topic.

The SA government went into overdrive to make sure they did not have the same balz up we had here in Victoria and I salute them.

But what really impressed me was how South Australians emptied all the bottle shops in around 12 hours.

Forget the rush to the supermarket to stock up on paper to wipe your backside, South Australians know their priorities.;)

The threat of 6 whole days without access to the amber raised the red flags. The rest of Australia salutes you.

deskc

Team Captain
Jan 10, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Also shows despite what we have been told all along the state governments are going for total elimination strategy rather than suppression.

kid_a

Club Legend
Apr 5, 2010
Perf
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Hammarby IF, East Freo, Glory
Genuinely impressed by Croweaters too in the way they responded to it, no yank style "stop taking our liberty away" protests or calling their premier a dictator. From all interviews I've seen everyone knows its a bitter pill to swallow, but its best for themselves and everyone in their community to just front up and get it over with.

Pistol Night

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 3, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood

The SA government went into overdrive to make sure they did not have the same balz up we had here in Victoria and I salute them.

But what really impressed me was how South Australians emptied all the bottle shops in around 12 hours.

Forget the rush to the supermarket to stock up on paper to wipe your backside, South Australians know their priorities.;)

The threat of 6 whole days without access to the amber raised the red flags. The rest of Australia salutes you.
They still went berserk for the s**t tickets. I guess they figured if your guna hit the piss all week you better make sure you also wipe your freckle 736 times a day

Apr 17, 2006
???
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Miami Dolphins(NFL)
Genuinely impressed by Croweaters too in the way they responded to it, no yank style "stop taking our liberty away" protests or calling their premier a dictator. From all interviews I've seen everyone knows its a bitter pill to swallow, but its best for themselves and everyone in their community to just front up and get it over with.
In fairness, their premier told them straight up what the plan was. There was no bullcrap to sift through, and they knew when it'll would be over

Stax on the mill

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 13, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Yeah, but then their Premier didn’t completely f..k up Hotel Quarantine, resulting directly in the deaths of an additional 800 people, loss of many thousands of jobs and businesses, not to speak of the mental health toll and additional suicides. Then lied through his teeth to the toothless inquiry he set up, all designed to absolve himself of any responsibility.

So perhaps South Australians justifiably have a bit more respect for their premier, than many of us have for ours in Victoria.

kid_a

Club Legend
Apr 5, 2010
Perf
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Hammarby IF, East Freo, Glory
Yeah, but then their Premier didn’t completely f..k up Hotel Quarantine, resulting directly in the deaths of an additional 800 people, loss of many thousands of jobs and businesses, not to speak of the mental health toll and additional suicides. Then lied through his teeth to the toothless inquiry he set up, all designed to absolve himself of any responsibility.

So perhaps South Australians justifiably have a bit more respect for their premier, than many of us have for ours in Victoria.
decent points, but was there really a spike in suicides?....that part seems like sky-news/the australian style anti lockdown propaganda

Stax on the mill

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 13, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
decent points, but was there really a spike in suicides?....that part seems like sky-news/the australian style anti lockdown propaganda

Anecdotally there has been an increase. Not sure to what extent, as they don’t publicise it for various reasons.

Aug 25, 2005
Grogansville
AFL Club
Gold Coast
In fairness, their premier told them straight up what the plan was. There was no bullcrap to sift through, and they knew when it'll would be over
Wouldn't have been reported that way by Murdoch if he wasn't Liberal though. So all the deadshits that watch Sky News, listen to garbage talk back radio and read the Herald-Sun would have fallen for the same hysteria that they did in Victoria.

Aug 25, 2005
Grogansville
AFL Club
Gold Coast

Didn't he shutdown an entire state for 3 or 4 days for no reason whatsoever? Simply because he didn't follow up a response from a pizza shop worker?

That's surely incompetence of the highest level, isn't it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Feb 9, 2009
Footscray
AFL Club
Richmond

well considering the virus got out of the hotel quarantine, i dont see how you can say they didnt * it up just the same. theyre just lucky that the person who leaked it didnt have an enormous family party (like the person here did), being a less dense city it didnt spread as fast, and they likely caught it a couple days earlier.

if anything, SA's quarantine was more incompetent given they had the ability to learn from vics mistakes and still let it out. not testing the workers at the hotel is juts as incompetent as anything the vic quarantine did.

Harro59

Club Legend
May 14, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
well considering the virus got out of the hotel quarantine, i dont see how you can say they didnt fu** it up just the same. theyre just lucky that the person who leaked it didnt have an enormous family party (like the person here did), being a less dense city it didnt spread as fast, and they likely caught it a couple days earlier.

if anything, SA's quarantine was more incompetent given they had the ability to learn from vics mistakes and still let it out. not testing the workers at the hotel is juts as incompetent as anything the vic quarantine did.
It was a massive * up by the SA government with even less accountability than his Vic mates.

The amount of flogs that will have a crack at you if you criticise Queen Nicola or Steven Marshall is embarrassing.

SA needs a kick in the ass really.

Leeda

Talents B Sharp
Suspended
Sep 26, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
well considering the virus got out of the hotel quarantine, i dont see how you can say they didnt fu** it up just the same. theyre just lucky that the person who leaked it didnt have an enormous family party (like the person here did), being a less dense city it didnt spread as fast, and they likely caught it a couple days earlier.

there is know nowing dudes who can't keep their s**t..

Jul 26, 2007
Darwin
AFL Club
West Coast

Interesting bit of info today. Firstly though this is not attacking Richmond, they did nothing wrong.

Good old AFL cover up.

Perfect Trump tactics, first try to cover up the bad news.........in the end just claim everything is fine and under control.

I wonder if the AFL suspended or fined any of their own staff that allowed this breach to occur under their watch?

And people still question McGowan not trusting the AFL and other states.

Gill will be cringing this finally came out.

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2009
Footscray
AFL Club
Richmond
Interesting bit of info today. Firstly though this is not attacking Richmond, they did nothing wrong.

Good old AFL cover up.

Perfect Trump tactics, first try to cover up the bad news.........in the end just claim everything is fine and under control.

I wonder if the AFL suspended or fined any of their own staff that allowed this breach to occur under their watch?

And people still question McGowan not trusting the AFL and other states.

Gill will be gringing this finally came out.
Nothing against McGowan at all, hes been superb. I was with Andrew's all through our lockdown, if anything I'm more angry that it took him so long to close the border to nsw after seeing how they weren't taking the latest outbreak at all seriously.

I guess it would have been hard for gil to have a go at the many (not just Richmond) breaches if it came out they had used an open hotel as a quarantine hub.

Feb 5, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Chicago Blackhawks Melb Renegades
Nothing against McGowan at all, hes been superb. I was with Andrew's all through our lockdown, if anything I'm more angry that it took him so long to close the border to nsw after seeing how they weren't taking the latest outbreak at all seriously.

I guess it would have been hard for gil to have a go at the many (not just Richmond) breaches if it came out they had used an open hotel as a quarantine hub.

What's the excuse for the border still being closed when there have been no cases for a week?

NSW didn't close to Vic until they had 147 cases in a day.

As has been the case from early days, it's the border towns suffering the most.

I'm generally a Dan fan and cannot stand Gargoyle Gladys FYI. However the current silence about the border closure despite the NSW success is deafening and reeks of pettiness.

OnlyPowerForever

Cancelled
Mar 22, 2021
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

Adelaide not allowed to touch the ball either.

Don't know how they'll beat Collingwood that way, but gotta respect the health advice.

worbod

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 26, 2008
Bendigo
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Liverpool
Adelaide not allowed to touch the ball either.

Don't know how they'll beat Collingwood that way, but gotta respect the health advice.

If the spectators are being urged to not touch the ball, are the players being urged to not boot the ball into the second or third tier when they only 15, 10 or 5 metres out from goal?

OnlyPowerForever

Cancelled
Mar 22, 2021
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
If the spectators are being urged to not touch the ball, are the players being urged to not boot the ball into the second or third tier when they only 15, 10 or 5 metres out from goal?
SA Health advice has "unbelievably" changed today to rescind the "don't touch the ball" edict.
“To be perfectly honest though whenever you touch an object and in this case this is an object touched by - I don’t know how many - very sweaty men on a football field. Sanitise your hands afterwards, and that’s advice I would give pre or post-COVID."

Like this

Harro59

Club Legend
May 14, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
SA Health advice has "unbelievably" changed today to rescind the "don't touch the ball" edict.
“To be perfectly honest though whenever you touch an object and in this case this is an object touched by - I don’t know how many - very sweaty men on a football field. Sanitise your hands afterwards, and that’s advice I would give pre or post-COVID."

Like this

I reckon she had recovered well from yesterday, copped alot of flack and fire back with this.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back