Totally nuffy things you have done or will do now that we have won a premiership (finally)

Remove this Banner Ad

I’ll probably just buy and frame a WEG poster and be done with it. I like the idea of those t-shirts with all the premiership player names or games for the season but in practice they look dreadful…or at least they’ve been ruined in my mind’s eye by the kinds of Richmond fans I’ve seen wearing them around for the past four years. The jerseys with the gold logos look incred but I’ve already got too many Dees jerseys…
I agree a lot of the merch is a bit naff and tacky, but planning to get some stuff I can just have at home like fridgemagnets and stubby holders etc. Probably fork out for a gold logo guernsey when they're out. I got a couple of the Give 'em Hell things I might wear to footy training.

Wish they'd bloody release more of our indigenous jumpers though, loved this year's design.

I agree a lot of the merch is a bit naff and tacky, but planning to get some stuff I can just have at home like fridgemagnets and stubby holders etc. Probably fork out for a gold logo guernsey when they're out. I got a couple of the Give 'em Hell things I might wear to footy training.

Wish they'd bloody release more of our indigenous jumpers though, loved this year's design.
Yeah in almost every instance I prefer the aesthetic of standard non-premiership merch, with exception for subtle touches like the gold logo. Maybe a mug or a cap or something

I’d love to know who else has a ridiculous and growing pile of every newspaper forming a tower on the sideboard. I‘ve read every article and they all kind of say Melbourne is good, Petracca is good and Fritsch is good but I can’t throw them away. Maybe I need a retro scrapbook

Actually some of the Mark Knight stuff looks okay. Don’t want the poster itself but I don’t mind the drink bottle. Wouldn’t wear the t-shirt but it still looks cool?
Stubby holders looks grouse

Alright definitely the stubby holders with the GF scores on them, those are sick
Stubby holders are good full stop. I’ve got a collection now. MFC, indigenous art, some pattern of Scotty dogs and a mystery one with “I got pissed at Michael and Jade’s wedding” (don’t know either of these people or where it came from). I definitely need to buy premiership stubby holders. I may have already done so? Should look into that perhaps

Stubby holders looks grouse
Stubby holders are good full stop. I’ve got a collection now. MFC, indigenous art, some pattern of Scotty dogs and a mystery one with “I got pissed at Michael and Jade’s wedding” (don’t know either of these people or where it came from). I definitely need to buy premiership stubby holders. I may have already done so? Should look into that perhaps
Yeah I’ve been thinking all year that I need to get some MFC stubby holders. Luckily I’ve been too lazy to actually do it before now

I've bought six copies of the *ing Herald Sun. Just for posterity. And posters for my daughter to stick up.

I've also bought a cap and tshirt for myself, and a tshirt for the Child as well.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaand i'll be adding to my collection of terrible tattoos with something probably regrettable forthwith

I've bought six copies of the f*n Herald Sun. Just for posterity. And posters for my daughter to stick up.

I've also bought a cap and tshirt for myself, and a tshirt for the Child as well.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaand i'll be adding to my collection of terrible tattoos with something probably regrettable forthwith
Probably a good thing restrictions are keeping tattoo parlours closed currently - gives everyone some cool off time on the more exuberant designs

The best ones I have are from the Brewer’s Association. They have magnets so they stick to the fridge door.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably a good thing restrictions are keeping tattoo parlours closed currently - gives everyone some cool off time on the more exuberant designs
Not in Bendigo! Where all the tattooists are probably on the payroll of Biker Fascists! And tattoos are allowed at the moment, until the next exciting round of LGA lockdown sweepstakes

Yep, bought way tooooo much stuff, but have no regrets. I've seen my mates soak up the glory of a premiership far too often and load up on merch, and I've been jealous af. So I can justify spending whatever on anything that says Demons Premiers on it. Got all the Mark Knight stuff. I love the design. I think it's one of his better one's tbh. And I got a couple of his cartoons signed and sent. The Jimmy Stynes one was fantastic!! Even got a cardboard cutout of the premiership cup with scores etc! Full nuff! And will design a tattoo over the coming weeks that looks half decent. Chuck it on my hip or calf.

Anyone know when the Premiers beer will be released and in stores? I want a few slabs of that please!

Just got a ‘gets here when it gets here’ email re the wall mount.

New Era cap is on the move though!

Please let me know which day is the crotch. Because reasons.
Understandable. 🤣

Today! Get it if you haven't already.
Also features mega sized Premiership team poster

And we aren't going to Bali or Phuket anytime soon...
29296bebbb5e1d6afaac9c28a7b28a44

Understandable. 🤣

Today! Get it if you haven't already.
Also features mega sized Premiership team poster
An elderly neighbour knocked on our door and dropped off the Premiership poster. Said she'd seen our Grand Final balloons and posters and knew we must support Melbourne. Warmed the heart.

Picked up the paper today and got a free double page spread of Max Gawn's crotch.

An elderly neighbour knocked on our door and dropped off the Premiership poster. Said she'd seen our Grand Final balloons and posters and knew we must support Melbourne. Warmed the heart.
Day before the GF someone put a 1964 penny (for luck) though my front door mail flap. Made a hell of a noise dropping on the floorboards and freaked out the cats - but was a lovely and mysterious gesture.

Later, watching the pregame stuff or 360 or something, it transpires that a guy was giving out ‘64 pennies to Melbourne scarf wearing people outside the MCG on GF day, so I guess he is a neighbour of mine.

I would like to find him and buy him a beer. Though until lockdown ends I would have to take a funnel and pour it though his front door mail flap.

Day before the GF someone put a 1964 penny (for luck) though my front door mail flap. Made a hell of a noise dropping on the floorboards and freaked out the cats - but was a lovely and mysterious gesture.

Later, watching the pregame stuff or 360 or something, it transpires that a guy was giving out ‘64 pennies to Melbourne scarf wearing people outside the MCG on GF day, so I guess he is a neighbour of mine.

I would like to find him and buy him a beer. Though until lockdown ends I would have to take a funnel and pour it though his front door mail flap.

I've heard so many stories about this guy. I hope he's never tracked down and it passes into legend that it was the ghost of Norm Smith.

Just purchased a few more items on top of my original purchase. Bought a premiership cap the other night now have added premiership guernsey, premiership t-shirt and a premiership stubbie holder. Getting up to $300 and I still want that hoodie. I figured though the amount of money I've saved by not attending any games for two months including finals tickets which go for 100 dollars a pop I'm actually infront really yeah?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back