Totally nuffy things you have done or will do now that we have won a premiership (finally)

Remove this Banner Ad

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
My order finally arrived, including cheeseboard! It's surprisingly large (or not if you actually read the measurements). Needs oiling but looks nice.
I broke and ordered a cheeseboard. Originally I thought I might give it to a family member for Christmas but I think I will likely keep it and give everyone Clayton Oliver socks. Again

thedank

All Australian
Mar 2, 2019
Meth City
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
West Perth
Tatts booked lads, haven't heard the buzz of the gun in a long time so this will be sweet. Any one bought the blu-ray yet? Wondering if the quality will be higher than the DVD, the kayo replay is poor quality

I broke and ordered a cheeseboard. Originally I thought I might give it to a family member for Christmas but I think I will likely keep it and give everyone Clayton Oliver socks. Again
Flipped to the non branded side it'd be no different to any other board, if you didn't want your guests to realise you're a nuff.

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Flipped to the non branded side it'd be no different to any other board, if you didn't want your guests to realise you're a nuff.
I think the ship “not a nuff” sailed some time ago. I reckon it’s best if I overdo it and hope that people think I’m being ironic in some way

mrmonkey

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 3, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Kudos to people getting tattoos, that's next level nuffy which I will never reach. If I was to get one it would just be the monogram say premiers 2021 and it wouldn't have any colour and would be small. Anyway I've seen some pretty nuffy tattoos on social media which is again next level nuffy.

King Kunta

Team Captain
Jun 30, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
Kudos to people getting tattoos, that's next level nuffy which I will never reach. If I was to get one it would just be the monogram say premiers 2021 and it wouldn't have any colour and would be small. Anyway I've seen some pretty nuffy tattoos on social media which is again next level nuffy.
This is literally the exact tattoo I'm getting

I want this logo:
images (67).jpeg

with 2021 in place of MELBOURNEfc

mrmonkey

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 3, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
I want this logo:
View attachment 1275567
with 2021 in place of MELBOURNEfc

Love it, I reckon I drew that logo so many times that by 14 I had perfect it. Probably drew my own 'tattoos' of that as well. This is probably the logo I feel most connected to as it's what I most associate with being a kid. Just a head of this

images (1).png

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
This is literally the exact tattoo I'm getting
I’m designing mine (with difficulty) but I want something that nobody has. I’m leaning towards a premiership cup silhouette, “every heart beats true” in cursive and a 2021 in there somewhere

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Just make sure you leave enough space to add the years of all the other flags we're about to win

I‘m already concerned about what happens to my arms should we win any more flags

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
I will get a tattoo once puberty hits and I get those muscles I was promised.
Puberty is overrated I reckon. I was told that I would “grow into myself”. I don‘t fully know what that means except I’m dead certain it never happened

Well you buggers, I am going to hold the Cup - nay, the Grail - at the 12.30 session at the Sports Museum. I will be wearing my Royal Blue Dees jumper - with the arms stupidly ripped off - from 1985 to let them know that I am hard-core. Who else is joining me?

mrmonkey

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 3, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Nuffff alert: In a highly inebriated state I will now watch the greatest 20 minutes in Australia sports history.

I have a question not related to the pants thing. If you have Melbourne merchandise particularly premiership merchandise, what's it like nuffying it up in the states by wearing Melbourne gear, I would imagine no one would have a clue what is going on.

I have a question not related to the pants thing. If you have Melbourne merchandise particularly premiership merchandise, what's it like nuffying it up in the states by wearing Melbourne gear, I would imagine no one would have a clue what is going on.
I wore a Dees jumper to a Cowboys game. No one even commented.

mrmonkey

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 3, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
I wore a Dees jumper to a Cowboys game. No one even commented.

I was just thinking about how you see footy nuffies at international events, sometimes not even involving Australia. Watching cricket highlights this morning made me think about this, saw a supporter wearing that horrible yellow Brisbane clash strip from around 2005. I remember seeing some random hawthorn supporters at the tour de France, where they there supporting Cadel Evans dunno. Probably doesn't seem so odd at a sporting event. But if you were at the local mall in some town in the USA would you get a reaction if you wore a premiership hoodie.

Crusty Demon

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2009
Brighton
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
Well you buggers, I am going to hold the Cup - nay, the Grail - at the 12.30 session at the Sports Museum. I will be wearing my Royal Blue Dees jumper - with the arms stupidly ripped off - from 1985 to let them know that I am hard-core. Who else is joining me?
I'm taking my two boys in on Sunday the 21st, the 10am session. Waited my whole life to lift this thing! I can't wait!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back