Totally nuffy things you have done or will do now that we have won a premiership (finally)

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm taking my two boys in on Sunday the 21st, the 10am session. Waited my whole life to lift this thing! I can't wait!!
Brother, I have been waiting all my life too - and with such longing.

AmericanAFL

Cancelled
Shiny Penny
Oct 8, 2018
Near Philly
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
I have a question not related to the pants thing. If you have Melbourne merchandise particularly premiership merchandise, what's it like nuffying it up in the states by wearing Melbourne gear, I would imagine no one would have a clue what is going on.

As LP’s anecdote illustrates, I’m literally a Demons/AFL island here. I really need to be more careful about catching a permanent ban from this place, as if that ever happens I’ll literally have no one to discuss the sport with.

mrmonkey

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 3, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
As LP’s anecdote illustrates, I’m literally a Demons/AFL island here. I really need to be more careful about catching a permanent ban from this place, as if that ever happens I’ll literally have no one to discuss the sport with.
Yeah that would suck, over here you can find a fan of just about any mainstream sport. Just about any footy club you find a large percentage love the NBA, infact we had an NBA themed training session one time. NFL is constantly growing in popularity, baseball is reasonably popular participation wise, feels less popular finding people who watch MLB. Ice hockey would be pretty lonely but their are fans out there. However Field hockey is very popular here participation wise, but there is no major league here, people just tune into the Olympics or world championships to watch the kookaburras national team play. Not that it's mainstream but lacrosse had a surge in popularity 30s it's nothing now, just played in private schools now or something. That just about wraps up American sports. Then there's the big kahuna of sport and that's soccer. Very popular participation wise with the elp being the default league, people don't care about the A league. Then of course there's tennis and golf which are popular participation wise, people only really talk about tennis when it's the Australian open.

May 2, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
Watched the Rd 6 Anzac eve game v Richmond on fox replay over last week.

Trac is best on and wins the Checker Hughes medal, he tucks it away under the jumper straight away then too…never noticed at the times. Fair precursor.

There is also a botch up in the post game presentation (host doesn’t know who is BoG). Jonesy says “the group is going somewhere special” postgame. Dees were also “disrespectful” when Kozzie gets under Tigs skin in the last qtr.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

mrmonkey

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 3, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Watched the Rd 6 Anzac eve game v Richmond on fox replay over last week.

Trac is best on and wins the Checker Hughes medal, he tucks it away under the jumper straight away then too…never noticed at the times. Fair precursor.

There is also a botch up in the post game presentation (host doesn’t know who is BoG). Jonesy says “the group is going somewhere special” postgame. Dees were also “disrespectful” when Kozzie gets under Tigs skin in the last qtr.

3 weeks later kozzy did one of the most honourable things I've seen and indicated that the ball had been touched after he snapped a goal.

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
3 weeks later kozzy did one of the most honourable things I've seen and indicated that the ball had been touched after he snapped a goal.
I think it was more a signal to teammates to set up, but it still had a Gilchrist touch about it whatever his reasons

Apr 13, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
Aside from the obvious, the last year has been pretty bloody tough on a personal front. Went through the emotional roller coaster of thinking we were about to be first time parents to then the misery of a miscarriage. I had a nasty bout of shingles and then the old man had a stroke at the beginning of lockdown #6. Yet it’s those random moments when I think of the 3rd quarter that bring on the waterworks. Full nuff, fair nuff?

Aside from the obvious, the last year has been pretty bloody tough on a personal front. Went through the emotional roller coaster of thinking we were about to be first time parents to then the misery of a miscarriage. I had a nasty bout of shingles and then the old man had a stroke at the beginning of lockdown #6. Yet it’s those random moments when I think of the 3rd quarter that bring on the waterworks. Full nuff, fair nuff?
Hope you are going ok JK - love react as a support. At least they pulled it off

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
It’s that time of the week again. This time with pants.
I’ve kind of memorised the commentary for THAT passage of play in the third until TMac slotting it after the siren. But I still watch it. I’ve scheduled to return to it in about 8 hours accompanied by beers

mrmonkey

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 3, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Will be getting down to open training sessions as much as possible to get players to sign my Sherrin. Will then get it encased in tempered glass with a wooden mount and engrave my own piece of history.

A grown man twice the age of some rookies. No shame.

Congratulations on your new child

Remove this Banner Ad

Back