Totally nuffy things you have done or will do now that we have won a premiership (finally)

Remove this Banner Ad

King Kunta

Team Captain
Jun 30, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
I work as a teacher and today one of my students gifted me a mug personally signed by Christian Petracca. Sometimes it pays to be a known nuffy.

mrmonkey

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 3, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Re-watched that round 23 game vs Geelong, just to mix it up from the multiple gf replays I've watched. Well just the last quarter I watched, so many things I forgot about, such a great finish to the home and away season with the Bulldogs losing and Brisbane just getting them on percentage. After the initial flurry of goals we just chipped away at the lead, didn't do anything special just stuck at it. Then Geelong started to panic and made mistakes. Cameron hit the post a bit unlucky I suppose, it was a pretty good kick, Dalhaus missing a sitter then the two Geelong players colliding in front of goal was absolute gold. Also Sparrow took an unbelievable mark in the forward line, didn't kick it but was a beauty. In retrospect he looked to be hitting some form, at the time was a bit annoyed. Then of course that finish. A non deliberate call against selwood followed by a deliberate call against Brayshaw. Also it's so s**t with no crowds, but we would lose if there was one.

mrmonkey

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 3, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Apparently I don’t know how to add a gif like a normal person 🤦🏻‍♂️
It usually goes like this
dewayne-johnson-dwayne.gif

Tell you what

That event at the G, when Brayshaw goes Bang, bang bang bang!

Everyone is going to go mental

My friends, I held - or rather - touched the Cup yesterday. I said to everyone in that little enclave: "I have been a consecutive member for 39 year I deserve this!" Not that anyone in earshot gave a brass razoo and rightly so. Someone once said "Not even perfection can withstand the tedium of infinite repetition. Maybe so, but clinging to the Grail is highly highly addictive. Hope you are all get the chance, and that includes the Ghost of Yze Magic, our fallen brother-in-arms.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

mrmonkey

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 3, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Tell you what

That event at the G, when Brayshaw goes Bang, bang bang bang!

Everyone is going to go mental

Saw some supporter on Facebook that didn't like the call purely based on the fact he didn't like Brayshaw as a real wet blanket. Thought it summed it up perfectly, the only bitter thing from my point of view was I went to the toilet. Didn't think another goal would happen, so my memory of it was taking a piss and hearing my partner cheer lol.

Was thinking of a nuffy moment from my childhood. I remember in 1994 I went to my friends house for a sleepover birthday party. That night Melbourne were playing west coast in a preliminary final and at some point I decided to watch the game by myself instead of playing with all the other kids. At the time I was living in Canberra so my mates dad booted me out of the living room to watch the rugby league, Canberra raiders won the premiership that year so they were probably playing so was understandable to get the boot

I thought the 7 call was a bit s**t too tbh. The bang bang was cathartic but less because of the quality of the commentary and more because of what actually happened. Huddo’s OLLLLIIIIIIVVVVVEEEEEERRRRRRR on the SEN call was great.

King Kunta

Team Captain
Jun 30, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
I thought the 7 call was a bit sh*t too tbh. The bang bang was cathartic but less because of the quality of the commentary and more because of what actually happened. Huddo’s OLLLLIIIIIIVVVVVEEEEEERRRRRRR on the SEN call was great.
Yeah I agree, particularly late in the game. Almost like the 7 team couldn't hide their disappointment that they didn't get to call a close finish.

Ironic considering BT's sensationalistic antics usually give me the shits.

stabler

Premiership Player
Feb 7, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Unpopular opinion maybe but I thought BT was great in that third quarter. Loved his call of the sparrow goal and the play which resulted in Easton Wood(?) spoiling through a rushed behind from Max/TMac. Even JB nailed the Oliver goal (despite him recycling the same 'Bang' call he did with Trac's first).

I find Huddo's 'screaming' a bit forced and cringe whereas BT's seems genuine like he can't actually control himself.

KAYNE

Club Legend
Nov 5, 2007
Big White
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Port Melbourne
Unpopular opinion maybe but I thought BT was great in that third quarter. Loved his call of the sparrow goal and the play which resulted in Easton Wood(?) spoiling through a rushed behind from Max/TMac. Even JB nailed the Oliver goal (despite him recycling the same 'Bang' call he did with Trac's first).

I find Huddo's 'screaming' a bit forced and cringe whereas BT's seems genuine like he can't actually control himself.
BT when things are happening isn't too bad. Problem is when its a bit slow he starts talking trash. His speech after the Petracca goal of mixing Dusty with Daicos was gibberish. Then when the stat of how many players had kicked 5 goals in a grand final was on the screen he had no idea and got it massively wrong. I only wish they had Hodges face on screen as he was dumbfounded by what BT was saying.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back