Tottenham Hotspur - my vent thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting times in Highbury right now. The Gooners have put together a nice run of form, although the locals are still of the opinion that a few more experienced re-inforcments would have been handy right now.

Strangely, the Gooners who I have spoken to are still on the fence about Wenger. They are of the opinion that Wenger doesn't like spending money because he wants to look like a genius if they win, and wants a ready made excuse if they don't. The way he carried on after the recent Hull FA Cup tie didn't exactly endear him to the locals either. I was surprised because the locals usually back their own no matter what, but there still seems to be a fair degree of animosity towards Wenger from the people I speak to (a very small group of locals in Highbury pubs:D).

Villa have hit a massive wall, and to be honest I think they are cactus. Spurs did you guys a massive favour last weekend, and Liverpool finished off the job yesterday. Arsenal are locks for 4th spot. Yes, it does pain me to say that:D.

Luckily Spurs improved form has softened the blow. In an unbelievable turn of events, we are currently only 3 points out of 7th which will be the last Uefa Cup spot for next year. It will be ridiculous if we end up there after the start to the season that we had.

I must say, that is a comment I do agree with. He loves excuses. He has a great record at our club, but i'm still unsure whether he is the right man to take us forward. Every one has there time to go out, regardless of how good they are, and I am nearly convinced it is Arsenes.

We did need to sign a creative player, DM, and CB. We got Andrei so the playmaker part is complete. However, Wenger needs to move on the other two positions. Which we all know he won't. This rules us out of any title race in the near future, however cup competitions have some degree of luck, whereas the league- the best team almost certainly wins. I am still pissed at AW for letting Diarra go and keeping Flamini as a starting DM as Lassana is clearly a better player. It was unfortunate Flamini played out of his skin in that season.

Villa are gone, yes, don't rule out the Toffees though. I think we will do enough, but we don't win on a consistent basis to lock it in.

Haha, I can't believe your position on the table after that start. It is a joke. Your points as an indication is still mediocre, but your playing well enough to get the last spot for European Qualification. I would be more focused on hoping you guys fall like a bag of s**t, but I'll just be relieved to finish 4th out of this season in all honesty. Deep down though, with Wenger, I think it will be a similar struggle next season.

Blackburn, West Ham and Newcastle are our next three games.

West Ham have a much harder run home than us, so I hope Wigan fall over and we continue our good form and grab 7 points from the above 3 games and finish 7th to qualify for Europe.

Hope ya dont mind me posting on here either.. I feel a bit dirty posting on the Hawks Board. Just dont tell my mob two boards above you.

just wanted to bump this...

COME ON YOU SPURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRS

Nicely bumped mate.:thumbsu:

Harry Redknapp is building a very good squad. The addition of Bassong is a good one and we now have a more settled back four with Hutton being an ample replacement for King when King is not available. Assou-Ekkoto is almost world class and Corluka is also high quality.

The midfield is solid. Palacios is finding his spot nicely, Modric is genuinely world standard and has proven that he is up to the pace of the English game and finally Huddlestone has found a role that is tailor made for him in that stopping midfield role where he is also given a license to push forward when the situation calls for it. Keane just needs to play a little deeper for mine as he is more versatile than Defoe who is your classic opportunist striker. Lennon is top quality and Crouch is a far better footballer than people credit him for. He can create and is deceptively good with the ball at his feet. He also gives us that much needed height and is a far better bet right now than Pavlyachenko who is now forced to earn his spot.

This is a really good side capable of playing enterprising football. The chemistry is excellent and they will make a real run at a Champions League spot this season.

Where did the improvement from BAE come from??? It still keeps me up at night. He was USELESS just 18 months ago.

I think the biggest improvement to our squad has been Wilson Palacios. He has been what we have wanted and needed in the midfield for ever so long (apart form a left sided midfielder...) considering Jenas has never quite filled his potential.

Lennons final ball still leaves a bit to be desired I think, but his finish against West Ham was pretty good - I didnt think he had it in him.

Not 100% happy with Crouch. I think Pav is alot better and has only played 3 out of 270 minutes of Football.

If you feel like joining a Spurs forum join http://www.tottenhamhotspurs.tv/forum/index.php

great forum to talk all about the yids!

I have only watched the Liverpool game of you guys, W.P was awesome. Dictated the midfield.

Harry was the best thing you idiots signed haha.:p

4th is reachable but 5th or 6th I think you will get. Man City & Liverpool will fight out 4th.

UP THE GOON!

As your bitter rivals about to be in the Champions League Group Stages, for yet another season.

EDUARDOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Where did the improvement from BAE come from??? It still keeps me up at night. He was USELESS just 18 months ago.

I think the biggest improvement to our squad has been Wilson Palacios. He has been what we have wanted and needed in the midfield for ever so long (apart form a left sided midfielder...) considering Jenas has never quite filled his potential.

Lennons final ball still leaves a bit to be desired I think, but his finish against West Ham was pretty good - I didnt think he had it in him.

Not 100% happy with Crouch. I think Pav is alot better and has only played 3 out of 270 minutes of Football.

If you feel like joining a Spurs forum join http://www.tottenhamhotspurs.tv/forum/index.php

great forum to talk all about the yids!

Good post, will give that forum a look.

On Pav, the issue I have with his is that he is incredibly lazy. If he doesn't get pristine service then he contributes zero. His efforts off the ball are awful and really, for the reputation that he came with has given us next to nothing since he arrived.

At least Crouch plays with some passion. He also has more tricks that he is given credit for.

I know its been said about Pav before, but he did play 18 straight months of Football due to the Russian season and internationals he did not have a break before coming to Spurs or something like that.

I read a stat somewhere saying he appeared in 62 games without a break of longer than 7 days or something. I think that was broken towards to end of the season with Spurs due to lack of form.

If I played that much I'd be a lazy fooker by about January with Spurs too! I hope to see improvement!

Good post, will give that forum a look.

On Pav, the issue I have with his is that he is incredibly lazy. If he doesn't get pristine service then he contributes zero. His efforts off the ball are awful and really, for the reputation that he came with has given us next to nothing since he arrived.

At least Crouch plays with some passion. He also has more tricks that he is given credit for.

I don't get why people rate him, he is overrated in my book and haven't seen him do nothing special.

I know its been said about Pav before, but he did play 18 straight months of Football due to the Russian season and internationals he did not have a break before coming to Spurs or something like that.

I read a stat somewhere saying he appeared in 62 games without a break of longer than 7 days or something. I think that was broken towards to end of the season with Spurs due to lack of form.

If I played that much I'd be a lazy fooker by about January with Spurs too! I hope to see improvement!

And is being extended now as he has moved down the pecking order. I think, to my last point Redknapp is the kind of manager that looks at application first and talent second. Last season he could only work with what he had but now as he builds his own squad he is obviously taking a long, hard look at the likes of Pav and Jenas. Jenas annoys me...so much talent but runs around as though he couldn't give a f***.

I reckon Pav will be offloaded pretty soon. They'd have been better off keeping Darren Bent, although he wanted out I guess. They also have Dos Santos in the wings. They'd get 12-14M for Pav at a guess and I reckon they should offer him up whilst he still has value.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree. Gomes is a gun.

It is also baffling how Jenas continues to get a game :mad:

Yeah, agree with you on Jenas. He is a cat. Would prefer Dawson (good player, grossly underrated) in the middle of defence and Huddlestone back into the midfield. Modric should be back in a couple of weeks which will help. We have missed him.

Gomes is world class. Why is he on the pine?:confused:

Yeah, agree with you on Jenas. He is a cat. Would prefer Dawson (good player, grossly underrated) in the middle of defence and Huddlestone back into the midfield. Modric should be back in a couple of weeks which will help. We have missed him.

Gomes is world class. Why is he on the pine?:confused:

When either Modric, King or Dawson are ready to start, Jenas is back to the bench. That is not counting Woodgate because lets be honest no-one has any idea when he will be back. Jenas is a handy depth player. Huddlestone is definitely a better option in midfield when he is not needed at the back.

It will be interesting to see how they fit Krancjar into the side when Modric comes back. We certainly have some nice depth.

Gomes is not world class. He makes world class saves, but he also makes too many bonehead mistakes. He reminds me of David James back when he was at Liverpool. But Gomes is definitely better than Cudiccini. He will be back in goal soon enough (probably after the international break this weekend).

Gomes is not world class. He makes world class saves, but he also makes too many bonehead mistakes. He reminds me of David James back when he was at Liverpool. But Gomes is definitely better than Cudiccini. He will be back in goal soon enough (probably after the international break this weekend).

Bit harsh mate. Take out the first couple of months of last season and Gomes was just about the best keeper in the premiership for the remainder. A couple of absolute howlers early on made him look second rate and were amplified by his obvious talent. Leave them aside though and his credentials stack up against the best of them. He has 17 caps for Brazil and is clearly their number 2 keeper at present. In my opinion, he is most certainly world class.

Bit harsh mate. Take out the first couple of months of last season and Gomes was just about the best keeper in the premiership for the remainder. A couple of absolute howlers early on made him look second rate and were amplified by his obvious talent. Leave them aside though and his credentials stack up against the best of them. He has 17 caps for Brazil and is clearly their number 2 keeper at present. In my opinion, he is most certainly world class.

I am not saying that Gomes is a bozo. Far from it. He is a decent keeper.

But of all the clubs that we are trying to compete with at the pointy end of the premiership, he is on par or worse than all of them.

He is definitely worse than Cech, Reina, Given, Van der Sar. At best he is on par with Almunia and Friedel.

As good as Brasil are, being their #2 keeper doesn't make you a fantastic keeper. Brasil don't win games because of their great keepers, they win games by scoring heaps of goals and defending well. Their keeper rarely has to do anything.

Gomes is a great shot stopper, but he is just average against set pieces, doesn't organise his defence overly well and is prone to making bad decisions.

I love the big fella, and he certainly is a cult figure, but that doesn't make him world class.

I am not saying that Gomes is a bozo. Far from it. He is a decent keeper.

But of all the clubs that we are trying to compete with at the pointy end of the premiership, he is on par or worse than all of them.

He is definitely worse than Cech, Reina, Given, Van der Sar. At best he is on par with Almunia and Friedel.

As good as Brasil are, being their #2 keeper doesn't make you a fantastic keeper. Brasil don't win games because of their great keepers, they win games by scoring heaps of goals and defending well. Their keeper rarely has to do anything.

Gomes is a great shot stopper, but he is just average against set pieces, doesn't organise his defence overly well and is prone to making bad decisions.

I love the big fella, and he certainly is a cult figure, but that doesn't make him world class.

Top post.

We're travelling well at the moment but whenever the opposition win a corner with Gomes in goal, I get nervous. Simon Taylor nervous.

9-1 againsta pathetic Wigan on the Wigan has us firmly eyeing off a Champions League spot. When King and Modric return we will be even more formidable. This weekend's away fixture against Aston Villa is a huge match.

Come on you Spurs.

I was lucky enough to be at the Lane on Sunday. What a freakin drubbing. The second half was unbeleivable, it was a crazy atmosphere. The scary thing was (for Wigan at least) that we really should have been up by 3 at half time rather than 1. Defoe's game was ridiculous, his finishing was clinical. It is amazing how much of a difference Lennon makes when he is in the side. It would be nice to get Modric back as well, although I am not sure who's spot he would take. Kranjcar has been playing really well in Modric's absence. I am also curious to see how Harry will fit Keano back in the team.

It was very funny after we scored our 8th, the Spurs players started to kick the ball around a bit as there was only injury time left, and both teams seemed happy to play out the last couple of minutes. The crowd however were having none of that. They demanded that Spurs went forward again, and we scored another one. High comedy.

At least the Wigan players have done the right thing and offered to refund the money of any away fan that travelled to the game.

Spot on about the Villa game this week. If we can win that one away, it would be a huge result. No time to take your foot off now Spurs.

I was lucky enough to be at the Lane on Sunday. What a freakin drubbing. The second half was unbeleivable, it was a crazy atmosphere. The scary thing was (for Wigan at least) that we really should have been up by 3 at half time rather than 1. Defoe's game was ridiculous, his finishing was clinical. It is amazing how much of a difference Lennon makes when he is in the side. It would be nice to get Modric back as well, although I am not sure who's spot he would take. Kranjcar has been playing really well in Modric's absence. I am also curious to see how Harry will fit Keano back in the team.

It was very funny after we scored our 8th, the Spurs players started to kick the ball around a bit as there was only injury time left, and both teams seemed happy to play out the last couple of minutes. The crowd however were having none of that. They demanded that Spurs went forward again, and we scored another one. High comedy.

At least the Wigan players have done the right thing and offered to refund the money of any away fan that travelled to the game.

Spot on about the Villa game this week. If we can win that one away, it would be a huge result. No time to take your foot off now Spurs.

Man, you picked your game didn't you?:thumbsu:

I was fortunate enough to be at the Lane last season (the only time I have ever been there) to see us beat Blackburn 1-0 thanks to a Pavluyuchenko goal. The atmosphere was something else and it was Harry's first win as Spurs manager. In truth though, the game that I saw was a rather dreary affair. You got so lucky on the weekend. Spurs performance was extraordinary.

NB - on Modric, he comes straight back in. He is about our best player (along with Lennon). Like you though, I have no idea who he replaces. Huddlestone and Kranjcar are both doing well and Lennon obviously picks himself. Keane might be warming the pine for a bit as I really do like having Crouch for variety alongside Defoe....even though Keano is my favourite player. Bassong is another guy who will be pressing his claim over the next month. Good times ahead I think. :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back