• Gil

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Kulusevski

Votes: 11 57.9%
  • Kane

Votes: 14 73.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Meh. They'll go elsewhere. Nobody else would care.
Would you want Liverpool to sell a player to a club for a cheap price with a sell on if they had a reputation for playing games to avoid sell ons?

Don't know why any club would risk it.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg
Would you want Liverpool to sell a player to a club for a cheap price with a sell on if they had a reputation for playing games to avoid sell ons?

Don't know why any club would risk it.

If they had a rep for top talents I would be more concerned about keeping lines of communication open to buy those players than worry about a sell on clause.

Like I said previously nobody cares when an oil funded club is dudded out of a sell on clause.

IMO the only time anyone would care is if an Ajax type club or any club known for producing top young talents were dudded out of a future sell on fee. Sell on clauses are lifelines for these clubs.

If they had a rep for top talents I would be more concerned about keeping lines of communication open to buy those players than worry about a sell on clause.

Like I said previously nobody cares when an oil funded club is dudded out of a sell on clause.

IMO the only time anyone would care is if an Ajax type club or any club known for producing top young talents were dudded out of a future sell on fee. Sell on clauses are lifelines for these clubs.

Ah, so it's OK if it rips off City.

Ha ha. I thought that was the direction you were heading.

jd2010

Well done boys. Good process, carry on
Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, Brentford FC
Ah, so it's OK if it rips off City.

Ha ha. I thought that was the direction you were heading.
Point stands, that they could get away with doing it to a few of the top clubs as long as they could maintain an academy which keeps making them huge sales. That I agree with. But karma gets you eventually

Point stands, that they could get away with doing it to a few of the top clubs as long as they could maintain an academy which keeps making them huge sales. That I agree with. But karma gets you eventually
Clubs would get wise to it eventually and stop selling.

I don't think they'd get involved with that for the sake of a million or two to be honest. It's chump change to them when you consider the profits they make on buying players on the cheap and selling them for a big profit.

It's just small time snide s**t.

jd2010

Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Clubs would get wise to it eventually and stop selling.

I don't think they'd get involved with that for the sake of a million or two to be honest. It's chump change to them when you consider the profits they make on buying players on the cheap and selling them for a big profit.

It's just small time snide s**t.
Look at their squad. Not many outside of Porro have they bought on the cheap from big clubs with sell on fees. It wouldn't hurt them if it saved them 8m, which could buy them 2-3 starters

jd2010

Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
It then multiplies out. If that 8m is the difference between getting the next Ugarte from a league rival for half that fee who then gets sold for 60m

Look at their squad. Not many outside of Porro have they bought on the cheap from big clubs with sell on fees. It wouldn't hurt them if it saved them 8m, which could buy them 2-3 starters
No reason for Spurs to structure the deal just to save Sporting money. They'd want their cut of the savings.

I think we sold Porro for £10m. They could sell him for £45m, pay our sell on and still make a very nice profit. Or they could stiff us on the sell on and make a few million more.

But it would be the last player they get from us on the cheap. Might even start looking at their out of contract players, see if a deal can't be done, but I'm vindictive like that.

If I was another club I'd be reluctant to deal with them knowing what they'd be prepared to do.

I guess that's a decision for them to make.

jd2010

Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
No reason for Spurs to structure the deal just to save Sporting money. They'd want their cut of the savings.

I think we sold Porro for £10m. They could sell him for £45m, pay our sell on and still make a very nice profit. Or they could stiff us on the sell on and make a few million more.

But it would be the last player they get from us on the cheap. Might even start looking at their out of contract players, see if a deal can't be done, but I'm vindictive like that.

If I was another club I'd be reluctant to deal with them knowing what they'd be prepared to do.

I guess that's a decision for them to make.
It's a 30% sell on fee isn't it? That's not peanuts for them. That would be two whole seasons of transfer budgets.

For us we defer payment. Which helps since our first few years in the stadium had covid. And we are likely without CL money for a few years

jd2010

Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
So sad when a ‘fan’ get more enjoyment out of the misery of his club than the good moments but here we are. Terrace this dumpster fire.
Enjoying and spurs haven't been a thing for real fans for 4 years. Apart from a brief miracle few months by Conte.

Try harder.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's a 30% sell on fee isn't it? That's not peanuts for them. That would be two whole seasons of transfer budgets.

For us we defer payment. Which helps since our first few years in the stadium had covid. And we are likely without CL money for a few years
Thought it was 20% but could be wrong.

In the long run, if that's what Spurs and Sporting want to do that's what they'll do.

It would be a campaigners trick but there's a lot of campaigners in the football business.

Like I said, I'm the vindictive type and I'd be hoping we'd respond accordingly.

jd2010

Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Thought it was 20% but could be wrong.

In the long run, if that's what Spurs and Sporting want to do that's what they'll do.

It would be a campaigners trick but there's a lot of campaigners in the football business.

Like I said, I'm the vindictive type and I'd be hoping we'd respond accordingly.
Really depends on the size of the saved payout and what it means to those two clubs financially.

For sporting if it was the equivalent of 8-13m thats a couple of signings from other Portuguese sides which they've got a history of then selling for massive profits. So could make them 5x that.

For us, without CL money for a few seasons it buys us time to come up with the money now that the stadium is up and running fully. And maybe one day gets the naming rights deal that's been in the works since the first crane went on site

jd2010

Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
You can complain all you like about the actions of Portuguese clubs but their players continue to be in high demand from English clubs so they can get away with being campaigners.
Yeah the minute their academy dries up it changes the game. But they produce great talent and also Cherry pick talents from across the league and sell for massive gains. They will make good money on Edwards and Ugarte and combined spent on the two what they could save avoiding a sell on fee here

jd2010

Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Do you think this is Kanes last season at Spurs jd2010 ?
Contract expires in 18 months.

Glass half empty tells me he bangs in the record goals against Fulham and hands the request in on Monday. His reaction to city's 3rd goal was telling.

Half full, he plays out the season.

I'd say 80m to United looks most likely. Reckon he could he their missing link and he'd follow his idol Sherringham's footsteps. PL record means something to him so I can't see it being Bayern or Madrid

Oct 5, 2007
Yorta Yorta country
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
BlueCo
Contract expires in 18 months.

Glass half empty tells me he bangs in the record goals against Fulham and hands the request in on Monday. His reaction to city's 3rd goal was telling.

Half full, he plays out the season.

I'd say 80m to United looks most likely. Reckon he could he their missing link and he'd follow his idol Sherringham's footsteps. PL record means something to him so I can't see it being Bayern or Madrid
Son to go as well?

Back